What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hey guys just wondering about kabals jik to gas blast ive been tryin to find a method to make it easier to pull off . which do u guys think is easiest -- jump forward b3b1 jump forward 3 bb1 jump forward bb 31 or is there a different way ?? thanks

LEGEND

YES!
i do BB31 and it hardly ever fails

its the first way i figured out how to do it and i never tried any other way cause it worked so well, other methods may still be better but to me BB31 is just fine

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I lose my bars with Kabal on regular basis while trying to ex nd. I got so use to it lol.
That is one more reason why i started to main another char.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
It's even more frustrating when the EX dash does come out, but you don't seem to get any armour and have to take whatever attack your opponent does.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
That glitch happens even OUT of those situations, worse, in COMBOS. Watch me in this tourney using K lao EN Hat Throw and the meter depletes BUT the hat is the regular one...
ive only seen it happen when blocking not while in the middle of a combo, thats messed up

Lulzlou

Noob
Its all good man...I am looking forward to see where will you go with this :)
Sorry it took so long to get some information on this. I didn't get any footage of the NoVA meet up so I made another small video instead. It worked well with the them. You can block the low hit but you can easily do ts or ndc after it. Remember what I said before though; This isn't for "replacing" any tech. Its simply another tool to use in a match, I only try to do it when they have no breaker. I have not tested this in tournaments. I couldn't go to WB so I have to wait til I can go to another tournament.
No one has yet to prove me wrong on this, unless they think I'm some scrub and don't care lol.
The small video is 3 clips - notice this is all simple stuff used with it. If anyone can explore with it that would be great. I don't know any Kabal players in my NoVA.
1st is a corner combo
2nd is the ts overhead and the low hit into ndc
3rd is another simple combo to go with it.
I'm waiting on answer to see if it is indeed useful as I think it is. It has worked for me so far.

Edit: I know you said the thing about the f4 reset. I mainly wanted to push this because people would expect the f4 reset more.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Indeed this is interesting, i will test this out in some real off line matches in upcoming week and will respond.
Regards,

Skitzo

Noob
b2 or b1? b1 NDC can easily be inputted with negative edge, simple press f4 after b1, the game will pick it up as b1 bf4 then you just cancel it.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Any advice for executing B2 into NDC?
The thing with B2 is you have to wait on the cancel, otherwise you cancel the dash before it even comes out. So hit B2 F4 then wait until you start to dash before you hit B+Blk. If you meant B1 then see above.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
B2? Can someone explain why Kabal even has this move...it is not part of any combo, or string that I know of...I think it is just there to make standing 2 NDC infinite harder....what a terrible normal (I think)

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
B2 is essentially worthless, but if you get it, it's not entirely a waste. According to somberness, it's +3 after NDC on block, I think it hits mid, and it's deceptive delay between the hit and the dash may open up your opponent. IDK that I would ever use it intentionally, but it's not horrible if it happens.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
You have to get the timing exactly right for the b1 adter the b1,2, 1. It should be easy from there, auto 2 wait for tem to drop then f4. I still have trouble with it
Still working on it, what do you mean by 'auto 2'? I can do the B1, F4, B+Block, 2, F4, fine on the ground, just can't get it right in the combo.

Skitzo

Noob
This might help too: When doing NDC, there are 2 different animations. One is he takes a step forward, which is you release the b+block, the other is near instant recovery by holding b+block just for a bit, like tenths of a second then you hit 2. I dont know if thats the auto 2 he was talking about but hope that helps, test it out & you'll see what i'm saying.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Has anybody tried using standing 4, NDC, at any time? The small gap between the 4 and ND may cause your opponent to let go of block, and if you get it right you can catch them with ND instead of cancelling it.

Skitzo

Noob
Also after the 2 connects, you might have to wait and watch them fall for half a second then input f4 so they can land on the ground again for another b121 2 f4 NDC reset

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
This might help too: When doing NDC, there are 2 different animations. One is he takes a step forward, which is you release the b+block, the other is near instant recovery by holding b+block just for a bit, like tenths of a second then you hit 2. I dont know if thats the auto 2 he was talking about but hope that helps, test it out & you'll see what i'm saying.
Just tried it, i see what you mean, it makes it easier to input the 2 after cancel. Thanks man, i'm sure that will help !

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Has anybody tried using standing 4, NDC, at any time? The small gap between the 4 and ND may cause your opponent to let go of block, and if you get it right you can catch them with ND instead of cancelling it.
I've done that on accident lol f4 is better, 1 frame faster than just 4.
F4 is 9 frames, 4 is 12 frames.

I have had situations like you mentioned where I got 4 instead of F4 and I missed canceling the dash, and got the combo anyways, but I wouldn't base my gameplay around that. Instead, use 4 as a spacing tool. You don't always want to be in someone's face, and 4 is a good way to get some distance safely. It's -6 on block, but 0 on block if you NDC, which will still leave you a bit away from the opponent and from there you can go into iaGB or whatever it is you choose to do.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
b2 or b1? b1 NDC can easily be inputted with negative edge, simple press f4 after b1, the game will pick it up as b1 bf4 then you just cancel it.
That's not negative edge, that's just taking advantage of the size of the input window for a special move to create a shortcut of overlapping inputs. Negative edge is releasing a button (instead of pressing it) to activate a special move.