What's new

[Jul 27, 2013] KombatNetwork/RBR Presents: Rampage July 27th at YesterCades (Red Bank)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

KombatNetwork and Red Bank Rumble team up to bring you Rampage, a Fighting Game tournament hosted at Yestercades, in the heart of Red Bank, NJ!

On July 27th we are running a multi game event, featuring Injustice, MK9 SSF4AE 2012, UMvC3, Smash, Brawl, and CvS2. Side events on cabinet for UMK3 (with PSX pad support) and MvC2 may be possible.

When: July 27th, 2013
Where: Yestercades, 80 Broad St Red Bank, NJ 07701

Games:
Injustice (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter IV: AE 2012 (Xbox 360)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Super Smash Bros Melee (GameCube)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2)

Signups start at 5pm! Final game schedule TBD

Venue Fee: $15. Grants entry to arcade with Free Play games till Yestercades closes.

Entry Fee: $5 for CvS2, $10 everything else.

Special Challenge: Defeat Shock's Bubble Bobble High Score (currently 2.6 million) and you will win a cash prize starting at $100. Reasonable entry fees in the event there are multiple players trying are welcome and TBD the day of, the highest score above 2.6 million (or whatever it is at the time) will win and if it doesn't exceed Shock's high score, the highest score of the challengers will win the entry fees.

Rules for Bubble Bobble challenge are: 1 credit, no Super Mode or initials codes, player 1 only.

Event streaming by KombatNetwork

Also, please spread the word. The last event I ran I was informed that numerous players weren't aware it was going on until the day of, or after it happened which I don't understand how it's possible seeing as I promoted it heavily for months.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also for some reason it would not allow me to post the event thread in the North American one, it cannot find the channel.

Edit: Moved - it's the stream channel url that's causing the problem

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
We are currently penciled in for July 27th to run a multi game event, featuring Injustice, SSF4AE 2012, SFxT 2013, UMvC3, and Smash (I will find out which ASAP).

If players want MK9, please let it be known.

Also, please spread the word. The last event I ran I was informed that numerous players weren't aware it was going on until the day of, or after it happened which I don't understand how it's possible seeing as I promoted it heavily for months.

More info to come.
Im going out on a limb here and ill say SwiftTomHanks does not want it

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Some update, it is looking like we will run Injustice, MK9, Smash Melee, UMvC3, AE and CvS2 at this event. Let's get some hype, full details and banner later this week.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Special Challenge: Defeat Shock's Bubble Bobble High Score (currently 2.6 million) and you will win a cash prize starting at $100. Reasonable entry fees in the event there are multiple players trying are welcome and TBD the day of, the highest score above 2.6 million (or whatever it is at the time) will win and if it doesn't exceed Shock's high score, the highest score of the challengers will win the entry fees.

Rules for Bubble Bobble challenge are: 1 credit, no Super Mode or initials codes, player 1 only.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know a number of you are probably going to VXG but I'm trying to narrow down a guest list for RAMPAGE in a little over 3 weeks, which we're holding at YesterCades that Saturday. I have a handful already on the guest list so if anyone can give me the heads up on where they'll be or if they can make it, please do. This list contains players from all the games being run at this event and players, please feel free to tag anyone you might think would be interested in attending. There are going to be numerous games.

Confirms:

Shock
summoning
Hitoshura
Mikemetroid
rev0lver
Check
KT Smith
Lt. Box
Cibernetico
Dr. Handsome
StevoSuprem0
jonnitti
Riyo
Kazi
Besteban
GBursine
ChainAce
Nick S
Liquid Alloy
Spyro
Joe Lewis
ComeBack Kyle
Marquise W
Mitch L
Joe K
Bryan W
Robin K
Kayce M
Raymond L
Kevin S
Doug L
Gina P
Jarret R
Thai Senpai
Sean Abbott
Jeff R

Maybes

blueNINE
Jer
zaf
SwiftTomHanks
Scoot Magee
Edfig81
Lambro
Minh C
Guy C
Esoteric
Ed T
Ian M
Matthew T
Grant G
Steve M
Gabriel M
Marco M
Victor L
Johnathan L
Adam R
Adam C
Harvey D
JT M

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know a number of you are probably going to VXG but I'm trying to narrow down a guest list for RAMPAGE in a little over 3 weeks, which we're holding at YesterCades that Saturday. I have a handful already on the guest list so if anyone can give me the heads up on where they'll be or if they can make it, please do. This list contains players from all the games being run at this event and players, please feel free to tag anyone you might think would be interested in attending. There are going to be numerous games.

Snipped for future post

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Snipped for future post

zaf

professor
Shock
I would love to come to this. I just got a new job so I have to see if I can get this off. I'd enter mk9, umk3 and possibly a smash game.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I don't want to go to any events that run injustice on a 360 since I don't own a converter nor ps2 controller. I still have serious doubts that this game is with worth taking seriously; hopefully some of the locals here can prove me wrong and ill purchase some. But for now I can't really support the idea of shelling out more money for this game.

If Phil goes and would be willing to let me borrow one of his fancy ps3 to 369 converters then we're in business.

Also if Jer and zaf come down then were in business regardless of what games are there.

Reactions: Jer

zaf

professor
I don't want to go to any events that run injustice on a 360 since I don't own a converter nor ps2 controller. I still have serious doubts that this game is with worth taking seriously; hopefully some of the locals here can prove me wrong and ill purchase some. But for now I can't really support the idea of shelling out more money for this game.

If Phil goes and would be willing to let me borrow one of his fancy ps3 to 369 converters then we're in business.

Also if Jer and zaf come down then were in business regardless of what games are there.
i would love to come down for a weekend dude. dont even need games. i just wanna chill.

I'll be there to play UMK3, MK9, and the arcade games. I'll see if I can still play Smash so I'll probably join one of those games.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
With the way my schedule is lately I don't want to confirm and not show up. I will try to make it for sure, I had a blast last time I was there but I won't know for sure until close to the date.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's still relatively little response for this event from the MK/Injustice players, similarly to the last one. Please spread the word players, as I don't want the same thing to happen as last time where people who would have went didn't know there was a tournament until the stream started.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

I am absolutely there for Injustice...pending an approximate start time. Please?
The last several times I checked this thread, Swift Tom Hanks and Dr Handsome's replies were not here but Cibernetico's was, very strange.

To answer some questions, Andrew, I have converters available and you are more than welcome to use them, Cronus with a PS3 pad is fine. REO, CD and another player have purchased extras from us after testing them at ECT5.

Dr Handsome, Injustice tournament won't start until about 7PM, 6 at the earliest as players won't be able to start casuals until 5. Also, can you give me names or tags to list for those players?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S

Trash of TYM
thisisiloveu
SweetJohnnyCage
DarKNaTaS
J360
7L
sackram22
xKhaoTik
LanceMonsoon
HazeJupiter
TheTetraSpirit
n9195v