What's new

Breakthrough Joker 100% reset in the corner 1/2 bars

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
@Qwark28 from midscreen I am working with b3 J2 2 12 (no cancel) bang. This carries very close to the corner. It also distances us from our opponent. I used to use this when injustice first came out to give me some breathing room vs bane. Bang in general carries aired opponents pretty far. besides the large amount of space it creates (2 dashes), what other flaws do you see with this approach?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28 from midscreen I am working with b3 J2 2 12 (no cancel) bang. This carries very close to the corner. It also distances us from our opponent. I used to use this when injustice first came out to give me some breathing room vs bane. Bang in general carries aired opponents pretty far. besides the large amount of space it creates (2 dashes), what other flaws do you see with this approach?
http://testyourmight.com/threads/a-new-bnb-combo-for-oki-set-ups-with-the-joker-by-qwark28.37990/

The best wallcarry combo so far I believe, there is a slightly better one burried somewhere in the combo thread but I remember little of it.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
That's sick. I was wondering when the Joker master would put something together after all of the tech that was found last week.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's sick. I was wondering when the Joker master would put something together after all of the tech that was found last week.
This isn't doing any of the tech that was put out last week. Those setups are most gimmicky and really only work against people who aren't familiar with the matchup. These are pretty much guaranteed, or at least very difficult to block, and have been around for a while. Qwark's just showing that you can loop the reset back into itself. Only a few characters can escape both setups, and even then it can come down to a guess.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
This isn't doing any of the tech that was put out last week. Those setups are most gimmicky and really only work against people who aren't familiar with the matchup. These are pretty much guaranteed, or at least very difficult to block, and have been around for a while. Qwark's just showing that you can loop the reset back into itself. Only a few characters can escape both setups, and even then it can come down to a guess.
I don't care. I enjoyed the video, and I'm glad Qwark put out more content.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think the best was ending in the crowbar instead of 3 maybe? When you factor in the OTG followup, even if blocked, and all that.
IDK, personally I prefer the 213 knockdown more than anything else but I recall you or Ron finding something better.

StevoSuprem0

IDK, personally I prefer the 213 knockdown more than anything else but I recall you or Ron finding something better.
Word. I like using crowbar enders for additional meter as well.
Regarding these setups, have you tested it against all of the parries? I remember I parried out of it when you and I played and somehow the teeth weren't catching me. Batman's parry moves him forward a bit, so wasn't sure if that would do the trick as well, etc.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
hopefully I uploaded this correctly. Now that you mention it, I think this was known a while ago. I do remember your thread on that.

StevoSuprem0

Definitely think the hard knock down is the better way to go.
Yeah, that and crowbar enders are pretty equivalent and give you a lot more advantage, and I think more damage even. Leaves you right on top of them, let's you set teeth and play the guessing game, etc.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Word. I like using crowbar enders for additional meter as well.
Regarding these setups, have you tested it against all of the parries? I remember I parried out of it when you and I played and somehow the teeth weren't catching me. Batman's parry moves him forward a bit, so wasn't sure if that would do the trick as well, etc.
No character with a parry except maybe WW can do anything to escape a delay of MB F3 so teeth hit first.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Wonder if this reset works on Bane. Couldn't Bane just lvl 3 venom and plow his way through that?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wonder if this reset works on Bane. Couldn't Bane just lvl 3 venom and plow his way through that?
Yep, and he'd still have to wake up with a punishable ex venom uppercut due to the J2 which makes it a 50/50 for him still, also means he'd be on debuff pretty soon.