What's new

Tech A New BnB Combo for OKI Set-Ups with The Joker, by Qwark28

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I promised more tech and here it is.

Now, what you see here is that the combo, while already known, provides you multiple setups and opportunities that have not been explored IIRC.

The first thing I noticed about this combo is the wallcarry, it carries your opponent half the screen away with a hard knockdown and enough time to get in their face.

Now, the specifics. The jump that you see is a completely safe jump. No wakeup in the game, including superman's super can prevent you from being in their face after this combo.

After that, you can choose to give up the jump in order to lay down far teeth. You cannot do anything after that as they recover in time. If they don't wakeup then you can J3 and combo them.

I do believe this combo solves Joker's wallcarry problem. It is very difficult to open your opponent up but when you do, you now have the tools to get them in the corner where the domination will begin.

Basically, you sacrifice 6% damage for an untechable knockdown, being in your opponents face or at jump distance from them with teeth out which are much more dangerous due to the nature of the knockdown.

This combo should be used on a select few characters in certain situations when the B3 dash under D3 ambiguous crossup setup has too many holes vs those characters.

I'm working more on this setup. Found a few interesting properties when you time it properly, things like anti air throws that were thought to be completely invincible aren't ;)

HOWEVER, some characters like Batman have no way to escape this setup if it puts them in the corner with teeth up as they cannot tech roll, parry doesn't catch J3 and slide is not invincible. This helps matchups like GA, GL and more that I'm currently exploring. Maybe Joker will win the mirror match 6 4, his first winning matchup!!!

OmegaK
Metzos
laudanum09
Gilbagz
StevoSuprem0
Wild Card
giantqtipz
lorenzo
MetaSkipper
AK-Israel
AK elitegoomba
Dr Jackal
Zyphox
UsedForGlue
FixdSwine
Gysbert
snort
x5STAR
EMP Dark
Ren21
AA25Mamba
B W1zZ

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Not only does the combo look legit, but fancy! Great work bro, will definitely be testing this in the lab vs. character wake-up options.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Holy fuck a good midscreen knockdown.

Easy to land too, slightly harder to get optimum knockdown though.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Good stuff man
I'll test it out properly tomorrow
Currently like 3am in Aus lol
Looks solid as hell.

laudanum09

Darling
especially with buffs

f23 flower all day

B13 pops up the opponent with enough time to do a b3. GGS

Did I miss out on news or is this just speculation?

Anyways, nice tech. much easier than the last bnb we were all working with. As more and more tech gets found, this character is proving to be extremely technical and requiring a really insane level of detail and insight per matchup. All of the permutations based on different options is kind of daunting to consider, not even considering the 1 frame parry we're getting. This forum is going to really need an organized list of all of his useful tech to weed out all of those random teeth 'resets' out there and see which ones apply to what matchup. There's going to be a lot of work considering how unique wakeup moves are in this game and even factoring in the 1 frame parry as well down the road.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Anyways, nice tech. much easier than the last bnb we were all working with. As more and more tech gets found, this character is proving to be extremely technical and requiring a really insane level of detail and insight per matchup. All of the permutations based on different options is kind of daunting to consider, not even considering the 1 frame parry we're getting. This forum is going to really need an organized list of all of his useful tech to weed out all of those random teeth 'resets' out there and see which ones apply to what matchup. There's going to be a lot of work considering how unique wakeup moves are in this game and even factoring in the 1 frame parry as well down the road.
nah, just trolling, he was saying best character and i was comparing f23 breath to jokers f23 flower

yeah, hes very akuma like and has specific things that work in specific situations, im gonna make a lit of those when the patch hits for sure.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Not trolling

JK trolling

Wait, is he trolling about trolling me or is he simply un-trolling his previous troll...................

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Love it, same B&B damage and a hard knockdown. Sweet. Joker jump game is already the dogs balls, this just adds to it. Joker players should always be jumping like clowns, between jump 3 and jump 2.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Love it, same B&B damage and a hard knockdown. Sweet. Joker jump game is already the dogs balls, this just adds to it. Joker players should always be jumping like clowns, between jump 3 and jump 2.
If you wanted max damage you'd be going for j2 32 mb rlg b3 d2 far teeth f23 far teeth 3 flower 3 flower for 48% but its not practical outside of a finisher because it leaves them at jump distance where its easy to escape