What's new

Breakthrough Joker 100% reset in the corner 1/2 bars

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yep. There are some characters that have this as a 50/50. Flash, for instance, can flying uppercut over the mb f3 and escape that setup, but get's caught by teeth when he does the same move against the j2 setup. Multihitting wakeups beat mb f3 but lose to j2. Just gotta know the matchups and the corresponding wakeup options, then make your decision.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yep. There are some characters that have this as a 50/50. Flash, for instance, can flying uppercut over the mb f3 and escape that setup, but get's caught by teeth when he does the same move against the j2 setup. Multihitting wakeups beat mb f3 but lose to j2. Just gotta know the matchups and the corresponding wakeup options, then make your decision.
Uppercut is caught by a slightly earlier mb f3

StevoSuprem0

@StevoSuprem0 I think it's working now.
Word. I'm heading home now. Lemme test it vs some of the other options and I'll let you know how it measures up. I actually don't think I have connected the gunshot at the end of a combo like this though. I always let them fall a little farther and it would whiff, so I just started dash cancelling it for pressure and such. I'll get back to you!

StevoSuprem0

@KonDcnT looks like the combo you posted has the largest wall carry, and they can techroll it, which forces them even further if they choose to do so.
However, I would say that the current combos into 213 or crowbar are a bit better overall/at the highest level of play because they leave you at much more advantage to keep pressure on, start a setup, go for a crossup, etc.
This is still a pretty nice easy-to-execute option for online and such though, so good find. I tried doing that at times, but never started the 212 early enough; I was always trying to time it to connect all the hits rather than whiff, not realizing that would let the gunshot connect. Good stuff!

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
@KonDcnT looks like the combo you posted has the largest wall carry, and they can techroll it, which forces them even further if they choose to do so.
However, I would say that the current combos into 213 or crowbar are a bit better overall/at the highest level of play because they leave you at much more advantage to keep pressure on, start a setup, go for a crossup, etc.
This is still a pretty nice easy-to-execute option for online and such though, so good find. I tried doing that at times, but never started the 212 early enough; I was always trying to time it to connect all the hits rather than whiff, not realizing that would let the gunshot connect. Good stuff!
Yeah the more I messed around with it, I realized it is a good keep away approach, probably not the best for high level competition.

StevoSuprem0

Hey guys, heres the combo for the longest wall carry, damage and otg
the execution is pretty high up there but can be learnt like the d2 teeth j2 combo
Whoa, I didn't know you could get the j2 in there and still get the rest of the combo off. Good shit.
Sigh... more timing to get down.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Whoa, I didn't know you could get the j2 in there and still get the rest of the combo off. Good shit.
Sigh... more timing to get down.
Yeah the combo is pretty strict though
everything needs to be done as early as possible, otherwise the 2,(1) whiffs and the crowbar misses
If your confident in it, definitely should be your go to combo if it will drop them in the corner

StevoSuprem0

Yeah the combo is pretty strict though
everything needs to be done as early as possible, otherwise the 2,(1) whiffs and the crowbar misses
If your confident in it, definitely should be your go to combo if it will drop them in the corner
I like it; I am ashamed to say the hardest part for me is catching them with the j2.... sigh.
You can also connect with a gunshot at the end instead of a crowbar to really send them flying, but you lose OTG and advantage (@KonDcnT ). So yeah, crowbar is the better choice, but gun will put them in the corner from almost anywhere and looks pretty swag after they bounce up of the teeth.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I like it; I am ashamed to say the hardest part for me is catching them with the j2.... sigh.
You can also connect with a gunshot at the end instead of a crowbar to really send them flying, but you lose OTG and advantage (@KonDcnT ). So yeah, crowbar is the better choice, but gun will put them in the corner from almost anywhere and looks pretty swag after they bounce up of the teeth.
I agree. The crowbar finish is the better option. Plus, it keeps you on top of them.

StevoSuprem0

Does walking corpse wake up escape this?
Grundy's WCC can blow up the MB f3, but if you do the crossup j2, either his inputs will be reversed and you'll catch him, or he will WCC further than your jump (he walks into the wall and you land behind him), which allows you to full combo punish. If you always go for the j2, he can do a reversed anti-air grab, but the teeth will explode, and you will both fall down, with Joker standing up first with a very slight advantage (I think). All in all, still not fun for him and requires high knowledge/execution to escape, but he deals with it better than a decent number of characters.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'm gonna be hella impressed if you have something that blows up MB far teleport and also puts some kind of pressure or mix up on him if he decides not to wake up
OTG corner loops say hello.

hopefully I uploaded this correctly. Now that you mention it, I think this was known a while ago. I do remember your thread on that.
While I like this, it gets them to the corner without you.

the execution is pretty high up there but can be learnt like the d2 teeth j2 combo

Good shit!
I was about to say I had found the best wallcarry to date in the other thread, but nevermind. I need to work on this.
Does this work on every character, or just big guys like Lex?

I've mentioned them before, but the ones I've been using have been:

ji2>32(1st hit)>MB RLG>D2>far teeth>j1 (j2 also works, but j1 is easier)>far teeth>21(1st hit)>far teeth>F23>MB Crowbar

and

ji2>32(1st hit)>MB RLG>D2>far teeth>j1 (j2 also works, but j1 is easier)>far teeth>21(1st hit)>far teeth>213

They do a couple more % but have slightly less wallcarry.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
This one is tough. Almost got it down. I Might have to ditch the fight stick to execute.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Good shit!
I was about to say I had found the best wallcarry to date in the other thread, but nevermind. I need to work on this.
Does this work on every character, or just big guys like Lex?

I've mentioned them before, but the ones I've been using have been:

ji2>32(1st hit)>MB RLG>D2>far teeth>j1 (j2 also works, but j1 is easier)>far teeth>21(1st hit)>far teeth>F23>MB Crowbar

and

ji2>32(1st hit)>MB RLG>D2>far teeth>j1 (j2 also works, but j1 is easier)>far teeth>21(1st hit)>far teeth>213

They do a couple more % but have slightly less wallcarry.
It should work on every character
the hardest character to do the d2 teeth j2 on is kf
but it should work on every character
its just easier on lex lol

yeah the j2 is hard lol
took me 3 weeks of constant practice before i could get it down 85%
now i can hit it like 95%
its just practice though, you guys will get it down for sure

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
I SHALL FORWARD THIS VALUABLE INFORMATIVE INFORMATION TO EMPEROR DARK SO HE CAN USE THESE TECHNIQUES IN HIS NEW FOUND OFFLINE ESCAPADES. AWESOME WORK GENTLEMEN.

StevoSuprem0

yeah the j2 is hard lol
took me 3 weeks of constant practice before i could get it down 85%
now i can hit it like 95%
its just practice though, you guys will get it down for sure
No biggie. I'll just stick with the doing it without the j2 in locals/tourneys for now lol. 2% less damage, a little less wall carry, but a whole lot more consistent.
I love when I accidentally drop it after the f23 xx teeth too, because if they aren't mashing techroll, they are in a really decent teeth setup that they need to have a solid wakeup to escape. Always good when mistakes make you look like you're being tricky.