What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Hey guys. Just a couple quick questions, if anyone could help me out:

I see that Jax can follow up gotcha grab in the corner in Wrestler and Heavy Weapons. Can he do this in Pumped Up?

Also, rocket cancel pressure really interests me, but how much does it really benefit Jax? Doesn't he already have good enough pressure and strings to have a fierce pressure game without them? Or do you think the cancel pressure is good enough to make it pretty necessary for Jax?

I'm not getting something, I don't know if it's the game in general or just Jax but every time I block a tele, or some random move, instead of being able to punish with F2 or any other starter the opponent can just duck and do their own starter to stifle mine. I'm really having a hard time here. It didn't seem like this at all in mk9, if a move was blocked it was pretty much free game for whoever blocked it. In this game it seems like you block something and the other person can still fuck you up easily after.

I'm not getting something, I don't know if it's the game in general or just Jax but every time I block a tele, or some random move, instead of being able to punish with F2 or any other starter the opponent can just duck and do their own starter to stifle mine. I'm really having a hard time here. It didn't seem like this at all in mk9, if a move was blocked it was pretty much free game for whoever blocked it. In this game it seems like you block something and the other person can still fuck you up easily after.
The f2 will get beat out by low pokes. Head over to the @karaokelove Pumped Up Jax guide here. He breaks down all the starters and combos in great detail and does specifically discuss f2 against a low poke. Perhaps try a simple 1 or 11 or even an uppercut depending on what you blocked. I am learning this character at the moment as well so this is good to know!

so Rev jax, anyway to get him without the use of a 2nd controller? if not is there someway we can petition nrs for real?

nodq

wicked
Has anyone unlocked Revenant Jax without a second controller?
unfortunately not. i also have just one controller and i played test yur luck with 25 flaweless victories in a row, made Flawless victory level 15 in progression, still no jax costume. Most people say you have to do it with a second controller... but yeh i dont have one and i dont need one. So NRS really thinks we should buy hardware for like 50 bucks to unlock skins in their game, right? I find that really dumb to be honest. And i am really pissed about that :(

i searched like an idiot in the net for a solution... but nothing.

Last edited:
if ur on Pc kostum kombat let u use keyboard as second cntrl using the "no brutalities" modifier to get the 15 flawless.

Why is armor so fucking useless / random in this game. a simple jab/kick beats 99.999999999999999999% of shit in this game lmao armor or not. Doesn't matter whatsoever. I don't see how anyone can take this game seriously it is so fucking bad. NRS took a huge step back with this pile of steaming shit.

i know it is. It's the game though, it is really ....really bad. Jax has the best armor in the game imo but it's kinda pointless when normals beat armor or overheads go right thru armor. I have never had so many "lolwtf" moments as I have in this game, and not in a good way. Both ways, shit i've done to people and shit people have done to me. It's like reaching into a grab bag, who knows wtf you're gonna get or when you're gonna get it.

Ducking, and random uppercuts beat out so many things its hilarious. Half the time all you really have to do is duck and you can fuck someone up easily while they are going for a legit string.

I just had the most epic of online matches just seeing what kind of random lolwtf stuff I could do. I amassed 4 xrays that tracked my opponents to the opposite side of where I was, beat out a plethora of armored moves by just doing normals, and a super "fuck this game" moment for the other person which i still don't know how this happened..... liu did his armored EX kick, it hit me, my health went down but it went RIGHT THROUGH ME. Leaving me to do whatever the fuck I wanted to him xD He must have been so pissed I laughed so bad.

Another good one, being swept while in mid ex dash punch lolwut?

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
How the hell do you fight Grandmaster Sub? Need major pointers in the MU. Using wrestler var btw
Its a bit of an annoying match for Jax, In wrestler I don't know what I would advise variation specific because you lack the quicker ground pound/IAGP in pumped up to check clones which is what I prefer for the MU.

However there are some things universal to Jax that you can use. A lot of his corner set ups with the clone in its current state are unsafe with our F3 being a great punish given its one of the normals which makes the midscreen not to hard. You can also often check him on block with your 11 through the clone if he is close enough. If you're full screen and you both through projectiles at the same time you will hit sub and be able to block.

Because we have zero no meter punishes on all his clone cancels here in lies the problem and solution, If you're good at meter management often the sub will give you plenty of opportunity's to punish. This requires you though to build meter when you do get in and often save it, even giving up on breaking (unless its going to kill/corner shatter combo anything obvious like that) because the ability to punish clones and reclaim space is so important.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Yes, OTE="karaokelove, post: 1741313, member: 5032"]As most of you know, there is currently an issue with the game where a character's idle animation can result in unintended effects, such as moves whiffing that would normally automatically link. This issue has hurt Jacqui very badly, and I'm wondering if it's affecting Jax as well.

The issue in question is with his f21-MB.bf2d-RC-f21-11-f21~db1 combo. I've been doing this combo for hours against Mileena, and have realized that I can tell as soon as she launches whether or not my RC-f21 will connect or whiff. This indicates that there is a slight discrepancy between different instances of her post MB.bf2d launch, which would be totally out of the player's control.

See for yourself. If you hit her with f21~MB.bf2d enough times, you'll notice that it launches her further or closer away, seemingly at random.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I realized. Why don't you just adjust the combo instead. End with f3xxbf2 after the ran. Less damage, but consistent.

nodq

wicked
Yes, OTE="karaokelove, post: 1741313, member: 5032"]As most of you know, there is currently an issue with the game where a character's idle animation can result in unintended effects, such as moves whiffing that would normally automatically link. This issue has hurt Jacqui very badly, and I'm wondering if it's affecting Jax as well.

The issue in question is with his f21-MB.bf2d-RC-f21-11-f21~db1 combo. I've been doing this combo for hours against Mileena, and have realized that I can tell as soon as she launches whether or not my RC-f21 will connect or whiff. This indicates that there is a slight discrepancy between different instances of her post MB.bf2d launch, which would be totally out of the player's control.

See for yourself. If you hit her with f21~MB.bf2d enough times, you'll notice that it launches her further or closer away, seemingly at random.
Yes, I realized. Why don't you just adjust the combo instead. End with f3xxbf2 after the ran. Less damage, but consistent.
as pumped up i would rather drop that stupid combo completly and do normal combos and then EX ground pound. online of course, not talking about offline here.