What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Hey how do you guys deal with kung lao? I always end up respecting or disrespecting him too much and losing the matchup I mostly have problems with stuffing wakeups, trading AA and keeping pressure once he has a bar of meter.

Kingshootahz

im not sure if its been written somewhere but ive been wondering for a while now if anyone knows the frames after the LAWrc on the most used strings..
f21
f3
b3
It has not been written and I could test it out for you but my computer is shit and my laptop has no charger atm but he isn't plus on anything most likely but I do think 123 leaves you plus sometimes

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Every cancel is minus apart from stand 4 which is around +15ish give a couple frames.

As for Kung Lao its one of the tougher Jax MU's due to how good his neutral is. You basically have to play perfect because he can punish you very easily and very hard for the slightest mistake. I prefer pumped up so I can have a good 22% AA and plasma to claim space/build some meter full screen. Keeping pressure against him just requires you to make good reads, he has ways around our advantages as he is great up close. If we go for a 50/50 and he does a stand jab he can convert to 36% if we go for ours however after say a f21 we frame trap him, but ofc then he can poke, but we can poke to beat his poke but then its in his frame advantage etc.

Stuffing his wakeup is possible but difficult, the best way to do it is to do a raw EX gotcha on his wakeup. What will happen is you will trade armor but recover quick enough to punish him on his recovery. If he wakes up EX teleport you can still stand 1, this method means you don't have to time your meaty as accurate into the EX to stuff like you would normally.

Kingshootahz

Ahh that was actually well explained and I have been looking into pumped up so I guess that's gonna be my counter plan and you are right if I whiff 1, drop a mid screen or accidentally cancel 123 into machine gun I'm eating 33% and the match like 360 's completely into his favour alright thanks!

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Yeah Rocket is a death sentence 90% of the time also due to him being able to full screen punish with divekick. Pumped up especially now that his pressure has pushback means you can EX gotcha after EX orbiting for a higher damage safe escape. (Should be safe due to the distance will have to check though) or he will think twice because one bad read and bye bye KL's life.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I have practiced to punish KL Tele with 1 to full combo. It rly helps in this MU. It's reactable.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I have practiced to punish KL Tele with 1 to full combo. It rly helps in this MU. It's reactable.
Yes. Anti-airing him is key.

As UndeadJim mentioned, EX Gotcha in Pumped Up will beat out his orbiting hat spin for 22%.

Don't forget to uppercut in a pinch as well. If you can keep Kung Lao out of the air with Stand 1's, energy waves into OTG ground pounds, and uppercuts, half the battle is won.

I tend to use a lot of naked dash punches in this MU, either to catch him trying to jump in or escape his teleport if I feel I am not in position to poke him out of it. A little YOLO under most circumstances, but it works on Lao.

Basically, since I can't really zone or pressure him effectively, my goal is to keep the match in a constant state of neutral, where I feel I am advantaged.

enaktom

Noob
I think jax needs his cancel ground pound or a faster start up on ground pound. As it is now the ground pound is too slow and can only be used when the opponent least expects it. At least if it's faster or cancelled it creates options for jax.

enaktom

Noob
enaktomNoob
New
I think jax needs his cancel ground pound or a faster start up on ground pound. As it is now the ground pound is too slow and can only be used when the opponent least expects it. At least if it's faster or cancelled it creates options for jax.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Which varation are you referring to? His Ground Pound in Pumped Up is faster than in the other two. It is still reactable, as are all unblockable ground pound type moves in this game. That said, it is about in line with Tremor's, which is very good for the type of move.

Additionally, it is only -21 on whiff, which is really good (once again, for the type of move it is).

The key is to condition your opponent using both Ground Pound and energy wave. If you do it right, they stop reacting soon enough.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Yes, I do that too, it works very well. Also with Cage and Kenshi you can go to full combo from that. And with other chars I don't use i assume it can be done also, if the 1 is quite fast.
If KL has his hat orbiting while doing the teleport, one has to try another option though.

enaktom

Noob
I am talking about heavy weapons and wrestler. I have been trying to come up with a setup that will create an advantage with the ground pound, but nothing seems to work consistently. If you guys have a vid of how to use it efficiently that would be great!

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I am talking about heavy weapons and wrestler. I have been trying to come up with a setup that will create an advantage with the ground pound, but nothing seems to work consistently. If you guys have a vid of how to use it efficiently that would be great!
I think that Ground Pound is more of a gimmick in Jax's other variations. I wouldn't worry about using it.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I think that Ground Pound is more of a gimmick in Jax's other variations. I wouldn't worry about using it.
EX Gotcha into Ground Pound is pretty good at keeping people on their toes. Midscreen once they get into the habit of jumping out you can do run up f21 and itll get you a combo most of the time

Does anyone incorporate 12D3 in their game? It seems like an okay mixup to do once in a set but the recovery makes me skeptical to use it.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Stand 4 into RC is at least +15 because you can run and jail a F2.

123 I know of the top of my head can be made -6 at least, maybe -5 I need to test against Cassie's flipkick, I'll see what I have down for the others and reply later can't check my info atm.

Does anyone incorporate 12D3 in their game? It seems like an okay mixup to do once in a set but the recovery makes me skeptical to use it.
This should be used as a Wrestler string only because you can cancel into the tick throw, you can't cancel anything in the other two so its a bit of a huge gimmick.

anyone got any input tips for bf2d (especially MB) i seem to miss this fairly often when its not following a combo? when i stuff up the input i end up doing superman punch or uppercut :confused:

Kingshootahz

anyone got any input tips for bf2d (especially MB) i seem to miss this fairly often when its not following a combo? when i stuff up the input i end up doing superman punch or uppercut :confused:
I used to have this problem too, it's actually one quick motion b..f..2 then immediately down,I guess just go into practice and slowly practice it while speeding up till muscle memory takes over, there is no tips or tricks to that one.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Just git gud bruh!

Nah im playin. Sometimes I actually input back, then foward and down at the same time for a diagonal input. Ive gotten it to work consistently.

Down 2

Noob
The only reliable use I found for it other than catching people off guard sometimes is that you get a free one off any energy wave that connects with the opponent in the air. Pretty useful in Pumped Up, much less useful in Wrestler but still good for some extra unbreakable damage.