What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Doing 124 as a tick throw is a bad idea @RM Indecisive for the most part due to the gap not only in the tick but in 124xxGG. Not to mention 124 on block is straight ass in terms of frames, might just be I play to much KL but everytime I ticked from this I got EX spinned so I stopped using it.

What I feel people miss from HW is the ability to confirm meterless, not many people are doing it at a 100% level at the moment and although I'm progressing I'm on really fully confident offline. 123, F3 and B3 are all easy confirms into 3B2 for 30% meterless corner carry.

From that you can save you're meter for EX GG reversals/armor breaking your opponents wakeup. EX GG might not be as good as a EX command throw reversal however it still gives you a great oki situation after a dash forward, where you can block, meaty a 50/50 and still block if they delay wakeup or for the very few characters that can backdash the meaty well enough you can F2 to catch them.

I still feel committing to a 50/50 when you read a block is better in conjunction with his other tools than a command throw and where you can tick throw I can RC select parts of strings that either stagger or jail into a GG and throw for the same effect.

Lastly when I say HW and PU are better I don't believe by any large margin at all, I just think they work better for more of the cast and allow you to evolve you're gameplay to better suit and counter your opponent based on his playstyle. I still think Wrestler does really well against really bad/no reversals if you can confirm you're frame traps and ticks on hit/block because of how ridiculous the pressure gets.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Doing 124 as a tick throw is a bad idea @RM Indecisive for the most part due to the gap not only in the tick but in 124xxGG. Not to mention 124 on block is straight ass in terms of frames, might just be I play to much KL but everytime I ticked from this I got EX spinned so I stopped using it.

What I feel people miss from HW is the ability to confirm meterless, not many people are doing it at a 100% level at the moment and although I'm progressing I'm on really fully confident offline. 123, F3 and B3 are all easy confirms into 3B2 for 30% meterless corner carry.

From that you can save you're meter for EX GG reversals/armor breaking your opponents wakeup. EX GG might not be as good as a EX command throw reversal however it still gives you a great oki situation after a dash forward, where you can block, meaty a 50/50 and still block if they delay wakeup or for the very few characters that can backdash the meaty well enough you can F2 to catch them.

I still feel committing to a 50/50 when you read a block is better in conjunction with his other tools than a command throw and where you can tick throw I can RC select parts of strings that either stagger or jail into a GG and throw for the same effect.

Lastly when I say HW and PU are better I don't believe by any large margin at all, I just think they work better for more of the cast and allow you to evolve you're gameplay to better suit and counter your opponent based on his playstyle. I still think Wrestler does really well against really bad/no reversals if you can confirm you're frame traps and ticks on hit/block because of how ridiculous the pressure gets.
The beauty of wrestler (to touch on what you said about 124) is that you can condition people to be too scared to press buttons, if your problem is that lao is spinning your 124, then you can just do 12 to bait and make them afraid to spin. The reason why wrestler is so beast, is that he takes advantage of anybody showing you respect, like run up command grab on their wake up is the most satisfying feeling in the world. But i don't know anybody in SoCal who doesnt scout the rocket cancel and just d1. Like I said HW isnt as bad, but the other two i feel are just really stupid

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

NOBODY STOPS ME MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They usually try to jump out instead of EX'ing out. But if they start doing that then you can do 12B4 which is safe on block and pushes them back enough for you to punish if they try to counter poke. The meterless hit confirm from HW is love.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Welp, Heavy Weapons was the shit when jax's midscreen combos were really inconsistent off anything that wasn't 11 or 21. But now that they are way easy, heavy weapons just adds the ability to hit confirm easier, but he doesnt even have a hard time doing that off his regular strings. The Cancels can all (except 4 xx rocket cancel) be poked. Wrestler gets some of the highest damage, best oki (command grab oki is super good) and the best mix ups (I know @EGP Wonder_Chef posted a flowchart of jax's options off stand 1 in wrestler its insane). I feel like the zoning in wrestler and pumped up is better than the rockets and guns in HW. As for Pumped Up (my prefered choice to play) I like the restand, the damage and the purple. In terms of what it actually offers I think AA gotcha Grab and air ground pound make it much harder for zoners to try to keep Jax out (thus forcing them to go in, which is always a bad idea because of Jax already having insanely good buttons). Over all I dont think HW is bad (I think Jax is one of maybe two characters who can do really well in variationless) I just think wrestler and pumped up are waaaaaaaay better
yessss you gave me an excuse to post it again!

For the record I agree, now that you can convert off of every normal with EN Dash Punch, I feel like Wrestler and Jax both have an edge over it (but not by that much). I think it's all matchup dependent though.

TBH the biggest thing I think you lose in Heavy Weapons is Energy Wave. That's big to me.

Also I think the biggest thing you get in Wrestler isn't even command grab mixups (which are huge) but the fact that command grab ender gives such good oki anywhere on screen, plus the fact that his anti wakeup oki is so much stronger.

But let's be honest, all Jax variations are really good.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
In fact all you mofos who wanna debate this should get together and have an all out Jax king of the hill brawl one weekend let's see whos Jax comes out on top:DOGE
I'm down. My PSN is the same as my name on here bruh...

I have to warn you though, I'm pretty fucking free online. I like seeing how other Jax's play, though.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Well it seems people are interested, since most of you guys are still missing how about a Jax throw down, give you guys a week to sharpen up and get used to online play maybe something Similar to pigs red hot Sunday's? Only PSN sorry and I might throw in a playstation network card or two best Jax wins?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
TBH the biggest thing I think you lose in Heavy Weapons is Energy Wave. That's big to me.

Also I think the biggest thing you get in Wrestler isn't even command grab mixups (which are huge) but the fact that command grab ender gives such good oki anywhere on screen, plus the fact that his anti wakeup oki is so much stronger.
Do you mean energy wave at the end of strings?

You can pretty much blow up all oki with D3 EX GG anyway for 36% (Plus 2% from the D3) in the corner and while you get less midscreen you get just a good setup from EX GG after a dash in because of how plus it is.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Do you mean energy wave at the end of strings?

You can pretty much blow up all oki with D3 EX GG anyway for 36% (Plus 2% from the D3) in the corner and while you get less midscreen you get just a good setup from EX GG after a dash in because of how plus it is.

At the end of strings and just in general to check people in the zoning game because it recovers so fast.

Yeah you can always d3 en gotcha, but in wrestler you can also d3 ex command grab, so it's an anti armor 50/50!

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
U guys from EU?
Im from EU (uk) if you wanna do a KING OF THE BRIGGS. I'm on xbox tho dunno if you are. But me and jim play regularly but he's the only other jax player i know so would be good to get some more involved. My gamertag is the same as my username on here. If any other EU jax players wanna pipe up that would be great so we can atleast get a head count.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Im from EU (uk) if you wanna do a KING OF THE BRIGGS. I'm on xbox tho dunno if you are. But me and jim play regularly but he's the only other jax player i know so would be good to get some more involved. My gamertag is the same as my username on here. If any other EU jax players wanna pipe up that would be great so we can atleast get a head count.
Psn :(

Kingshootahz

I didn't even take in the possibility of others players on Xbox sorry but yeah Psn, maybe you guys on Xbox can also do your own stream it and we'll compare?

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I didn't even take in the possibility of others players on Xbox sorry but yeah Psn, maybe you guys on Xbox can also do your own stream it and we'll compare?
Oh you didn't get the memo? Only the very best of jax players play on Xbox - haha joking. But seriously I think me and jim are the ONLY serious jax mains on Xbox I haven't bumped into any since ever. So if you guys are out there hiding in the underground hyperbolic time chamber the Briggs brethren call upon you

Kingshootahz

Ok so that including me is 5 Jax mains down for it but I want to get as much people as possible so I can destroy-- fully have a good competitive Jax brawl.