What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Much appreciated. My eyes are going cross-eyed from practicing what - to competent players - should be easy hit confirms and basic ass combos on Yang and I need a little break and a return to MKX. Man, I hate it, but just not feeling Kano like I was hoping I would. Still rocking my Cassie and her poverty ass combos. You all can keep the RC into 212, or whatever, I'll keep my easy shit.

Annnyway. Off to Jax off.

cough.
Good luck! Jax is hella frustrating in the beginning but he's worth it when you got people in the corner reminding them that if they think they bad, they ain't bad.:cool:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Much appreciated. My eyes are going cross-eyed from practicing what - to competent players - should be easy hit confirms and basic ass combos on Yang and I need a little break and a return to MKX. Man, I hate it, but just not feeling Kano like I was hoping I would. Still rocking my Cassie and her poverty ass combos. You all can keep the RC into 212, or whatever, I'll keep my easy shit.

Annnyway. Off to Jax off.

cough.
Very welcome! :) I've not been paid, and I like to manage my money in a particular way so I've been unable to buy SF4 for PC as I'd get into the habbit of "just spend it because it's there" and I don't want to do that. I did blow my budget that I set for myself on a date and it was awesome fun lol.
So yeah you can't practice your hit confrims on me lol. I like Kano, I just frustrate people with knives then AA with B1, such a simple game plan yet quite enjoyable. I still rock Cassie and honestly man, I still do the basic combos too sometimes just because I don't care abotu 5% extra damage despite her needing to scrape what she can... But once you learn the timing for it and stuff, it'll become a breeze; just buffer run so it comes out on the first frame and you're made it a million times easier.

AAAAnyway, I'm getting off topic - enjoy your Jax off hehe ;)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Very welcome! :) I've not been paid, and I like to manage my money in a particular way so I've been unable to buy SF4 for PC as I'd get into the habbit of "just spend it because it's there" and I don't want to do that. I did blow my budget that I set for myself on a date and it was awesome fun lol.
So yeah you can't practice your hit confrims on me lol. I like Kano, I just frustrate people with knives then AA with B1, such a simple game plan yet quite enjoyable. I still rock Cassie and honestly man, I still do the basic combos too sometimes just because I don't care abotu 5% extra damage despite her needing to scrape what she can... But once you learn the timing for it and stuff, it'll become a breeze; just buffer run so it comes out on the first frame and you're made it a million times easier.

AAAAnyway, I'm getting off topic - enjoy your Jax off hehe ;)

Yeah, Just spent literally about 5 minutes in the lab and managed to land the RC a half dozen times or so off F21 as a starter (just random and easy to learn timings) so Jax is WAAAYYY easier than he was previously.

I'm fine with my non-metered 24% mid screen combos off low/oh starters, 31%+ off ex-air grabs and 32% off a 212 punish on Cassie, lol. Poverty, but hittable in lagg and its enough to close out rounds.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah, Just spent literally about 5 minutes in the lab and managed to land the RC a half dozen times or so off F21 as a starter (just random and easy to learn timings) so Jax is WAAAYYY easier than he was previously.

I'm fine with my non-metered 24% mid screen combos off low/oh starters, 31%+ off ex-air grabs and 32% off a 212 punish on Cassie, lol. Poverty, but hittable in lagg and its enough to close out rounds.
I don't know, I've been doing it the same as I have been pre-patch so it's all the same to me lol

She can get around 40% 1 bar midscreen with Ex Air Grab off of a JIK. True, Brawler doesn't need the hard Cassie links, it's already got dat damage lol

Aseroth

Noob
I have a question.. I play HW/Wrestler.. Im having problems against lui kang FF ( counter thingy).. He stops all my pressure, he just spams it and I cant seem to find any punish gap even thu i bait it out.. Its literally counters everything i do.. Even reversals after the windmill punches..

Really frustrated about it -,-

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I have a question.. I play HW/Wrestler.. Im having problems against lui kang FF ( counter thingy).. He stops all my pressure, he just spams it and I cant seem to find any punish gap even thu i bait it out.. Its literally counters everything i do.. Even reversals after the windmill punches..

Are you talking about his parry? All lows blow that parry up. Or you can just bait it out, wait half a second, then full combo punish it. The kang player is taking a HUGE risk by throwing that out against jax. Throw in more d3s in your pressure or block a little more after plus frames to see if you can bait the parry out.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Liu kang parry? Just don't be too 11 happy because he can end combos in it instead wait a few seconds and if you see it b34 combo his ass, I hate flame fist even tho I side main a dualist:DOGE
Edit: also jump in punches work so don't worry about that

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Thinking of trying out the 'new' Jax. My understanding is his midscreen combos are much more consistent? Consistent enough to hit reliably online with practice? I was probably going to pick up Pumped Up, just to give Jax a test drive, unless you all think Wrestler or HW is a better introduction to Jax? The Pumped Up guide posted here is also a nod in its favor, a convenient guide is always helpful.

I was wondering though, what midscreen combo(s) should I be focusing on learning? There is a ton of info in the forums but its difficult to parse through it and know where to start. Any info for someone looking in to picking up Jax would be appreciated. I know he's not 'easy' to play and I dont mind lab work, I just like to have a gameplan so I can focus my time.

Thanks folks.
f21 bf2d RC f21-11-f21 db1 is a nice BnB to start with in Pumped Up.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
The starters for jax mis screen MBoverhead dashpunch combos are 123,f3,f21,23,11,b2 U can do it from b3 but that's a read u need do or get full combo punished.
Edit: At least these are what I use.

Last edited:

Aseroth

Noob
Are you talking about his parry? All lows blow that parry up. Or you can just bait it out, wait half a second, then full combo punish it. The kang player is taking a HUGE risk by throwing that out against jax. Throw in more d3s in your
pressure or block a little more after plus frames to see if you can bait the parry out.
Yes my bad i was away from my ps4, forgot the name of the skill, i cant seem to be able to b3, im respecting him too much for not knowing how to punish it, im usually just too scared to continue my pressure against it, i do throw alot of d3 not throws though which i should.. thx for letting me know it can be punished, ill check it out in Ai Recording thingy in the lab tomorrow, kinda late for me atm,,

Liu kang parry? Just don't be too 11 happy because he can end combos in it instead wait a few seconds and if you see it b34 combo his ass, I hate flame fist even tho I side main a dualist:DOGE
Edit: also jump in punches work so don't worry about that
I dont use 11 as much since I get poked alot anyways, and yeh i just knew after some games that i can Ji punch his ass when he parries lol.. thats good to know.. and btw all the kang do was F44 followed by the windmill punches followed by either the safe punch thingy or the parry.. and some low fireballs from far... thats it literally.. i do still win a lot yet I need to find a way or a gameplan against Kang.. hes my worst match up, his attacks is way too fast i hate it lol..

Last edited:

SamZ

Noob
Anyone want to get some Jax games in on ps4? I want to see how other people are playing him. Gamertag- SplinterSJZ.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness

Go low, I guess.
Or punish with 1 1 or 123 combo, very fast moves that will prevent Liu from activating a second parry before your punish attempt comes out.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.

D4 will beat the parry being low and you're plus 25, so every time you hit a D4 he has to respect that you get a guaranteed overhead or low mixup. The overhead used to kinda suck prepatch outside of HW because max range meant no midscreen but now you can hit that shit max range and there 100% eating close or over 40% depending.

Edit: If it happens to push them to far away to go for both low or overhead options you can use these frames to safely go for F21 of even Run F21 once you establish this you can Run overhead/low.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I would like to announce to you guys that Jax is officially my secondary. Heavy Weapons/Pumped up! Really compliments Cage's bad match ups.

Aseroth

Noob
im not sure if its been written somewhere but ive been wondering for a while now if anyone knows the frames after the LAWrc on the most used strings..
f21
f3
b3