What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
IMO Jacqui is ALMOST a top 10 character. Just controls the pace of the match extremely well, has great damage/corner carry), great mix ups, loopable pressure (on all characters but u have to know which version of loops), best walk speed in the game. Her options of a F1 are extremely good...

I feel that she gets absolutely destroyed in footsies by top players. Most strings in this game are safe vs her bc of her horrendous range on d1 and d3. She cannot get her fricken turn back. Especially vs shinnok. I would also like bf 2 to lauch on hit or be safe. Make d4 8 frames like pred and she immediately does better in some matchups.

Just thinking out loud.
D4 with 8 frames, would be heaven sent.

Honestly if they would fix her hit box inconsistency issues I could care less about everything else, make f12 up rocket connect everytime no matter what, make jump in 1-33-low rocket connect everytime in the corner and not be fucking stance specific or male or female specific, give her standing one a extended hit box so you can actually punish certain moves and not have her damn arm touching the opponents body and do nothing. Hell she doesn't even need to be plus 2 off of the f12 up rocket, they could make that 0 or leave it as it is, There are plenty of characters with bs safe everything. everything else she has that is considered bad would be justifiable with those changes.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Nah, I'm not okay with compromising that much. The shit that doesn't work should work and the shit that's unreasonably slow should be faster. That may sound like I'm overgeneralizing, but it's been mentioned enough times in these threads to know what I'm referring to.

Cassie's D4... 8 frame START-UP:

Jacqui's D4... 13 frame START-UP:

Looks like Jacqui might need to invest in some 500$ shoes.
LOL that's hilarious, but with the hitbox fixes and combo fixes, her slow start up normal would be fine as a equalizer. With the combo fixed she would be able to reach upwards of 50% in the corner for one bar or no bar depending on the jump in, and her hitbox being extended on her standing 11 would greatly improve her punish ability, also having her f12 up rocket be a true blockstring and hit the entire cast, unless they duck the rocket by letting go of block and poking out or armoring. with these fixes she would instantly be top10. I don't want everything fixed and im not asking or under the delusion that she would or will ever be as good as cassie.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
You guys still think there will be another balance patch post Evo? Doesn't seem to be enough "they are Overpowered" hate generated by Tremor and Predator(like with Tanya) to force NRS' hand for changes. Maybe before the next online ESL season begin they will react?
maybe if we get another DLC pack they'll release a balance patch? who knows??? Does NRS release patches as long as they are supporting the game's life ? I'm not use to a developer being this "involved" with their fanbase demands and wants.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God
You guys still think there will be another balance patch post Evo? Doesn't seem to be enough "they are Overpowered" hate generated by Tremor and Predator(like with Tanya) to force NRS' hand for changes. Maybe before the next online ESL season begin they will react?
maybe if we get another DLC pack they'll release a balance patch? who knows??? Does NRS release patches as long as they are supporting the game's life ? I'm not use to a developer being this "involved" with their fanbase demands and wants.
I hope so

Nah, I'm not okay with compromising that much. The shit that doesn't work should work and the shit that's unreasonably slow should be faster. That may sound like I'm overgeneralizing, but it's been mentioned enough times in these threads to know what I'm referring to.
its not compromising a lot, you need to realize if they fixed her hitbox issues the other issues she has ie faster d3 or what ever. Wouldn't truly matter because if they fixed everything you want shed be instantly top tier. With the hitbox buffs she would have a legit safe block string that leads into a true 50/50 no a damn high low, ie F12 up rocket into a second one, into f1 into grab etc etc etc. also the combo consistency fix would make if to where you would not have to learn or use generic combos that fit all. ie havin to burn a meter on33 into low rocket on females in the corner or mid screen. instead of having to do b33 or b13 into low rocket or 121 into low rocket, it hurts her punish options and makes certain moves damn near unusable ie 33.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
its not compromising a lot, you need to realize if they fixed her hitbox issues the other issues she has ie faster d3 or what ever. Wouldn't truly matter because if they fixed everything you want shed be instantly top tier. With the hitbox buffs she would have a legit safe block string that leads into a true 50/50 no a damn high low, ie F12 up rocket into a second one, into f1 into grab etc etc etc. also the combo consistency fix would make if to where you would not have to learn or use generic combos that fit all. ie havin to burn a meter on33 into low rocket on females in the corner or mid screen. instead of having to do b33 or b13 into low rocket or 121 into low rocket, it hurts her punish options and makes certain moves damn near unusable ie 33.
33 is a high, mid and should not be used as a starter, it is a filler/ender and serves it's purpose fine. If the F12~DB2 whiffing on standing opponents were ever fixed, that would not in any way move her up in tiers, it's just an obvious correction that should be made. The Quick Jab horizontal hitbox improvement that you mentioned is also much needed, but... It's still a high, good for punishing [if it were ever fixed] not much else. Without D4 being faster or D3 reaching further, also possibly faster... Jacqui will have the same issues she's always had and still be one of the most neglected characters, and for good reason.

Last edited:

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I've been dabbling with Jacqui since release (don't like Shotgun at all though) and I still can't figure out what the hell Quick Burst does. The actual move, not the cancel. Seems quite useless.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I've been dabbling with Jacqui since release (don't like Shotgun at all though) and I still can't figure out what the hell Quick Burst does. The actual move, not the cancel. Seems quite useless.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
A lot of people focus too much on what would make FA viable instead of what would make Jacqui viable. Not only are these things unimportant,

I said for a long time that her biggest issue is in her S4 not being a reliable combo starter (it's her fastest mid by like 5 frames...). Ideally, I'd like it to be reworked entirely, or removed in favor of SL or even better, a cancellable SL...but I could pretty much call it a day at "8 frame D4" at this point.

All the other stuff (even the legit stuff like Tech Shield building more meter) is just chump change.

Required changes:
Small increase in S1 range
Faster D4 (I suggest 9 frames)
Improved SL command (I suggest 44, U4 or D+F4)
Revised S4 - (adjust cancel frames slightly allowing for reliable combos into BF2 and Low Shotgun - and make the hit animation consistent; currently, it will not knock-up a ducking opponent)

It doesn't sound like much, but those things alone will make her completely viable.

Wouldn't be asking much...:
Tech Shield - build 25 meter. Revise EX version to work like Raven's used to - I suggest it sending back an unblockable energy ball. We shouldn't be punished for using EX reflect on an Ice Clone that we can absorb.
BF2: Make the knock-back off a low starter consistent with the knock-back off normal starters (to normalise universal and dust combos)

SG: +8 on a successful DF2 against a standing opponent. Allow for a link combo (at least in the corner).
BF1 builds a charge on hit. Gauntlet Charge remains slow, but can be 'reset' to L2 by repeating DB2.
HT: Level 2 Ground Pound launches for a combo. Increase chip during charge time.

Not crucial but would be nice:
F121 coming out on block or whiff
BF1 working consistently (still buggy) - ideally, reduced hit-box to let it go over lows too.
exBF2 leaves opponent standing, Jacqui at +8 (think about it)

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
I think F121 coming out on block or whiff and BF1 consistency should be added to the required list. Forcing the opponent to decide high or low at the end of that string once they're on defense (and as a by product getting the opponent to stand more often, allowing other pressure like canceling to up rocket, etc.) would do her a lot of good. I'd also vouch for a faster D2, but maybe that's just me.

Fixed/improved normals (no male/female inconsistencies in the corner either) will help her across the board in all variations, which is what I was getting at before. Right now they're not a reasonable counter-balance to her strengths and only cause an unnecessary amount of frustration for the people who play her. I've played too many fighting games to not know when a character is severely lacking, will be left in the dust in relation to the rest of the cast and even the training/lab-work isn't going to pay off. People can be fine with this, but I'll always push if there's an opportunity for improvement.

I'm tired of Kung Lao's hat basically being stronger than her as a whole character. His hat son. Come on lol.

I don't care where Jacqui ends up in tiers as long as the above stuff is fixed and more workable, so she can fight against the shenanigans from top characters better. (This has nothing to do with the stuff I'm about to post below).

Variation specific improvements: I'm not sure what I would do. I have some crazy ideas that may not fly in practice, but really I'd just want the variations to be viable, fun and unique enough that the majority of the playerbase doesn't flock to just one. A few of the "crazy" ideas:

High tech:
-EX DB+1 either doubles as a counter-attack to the opponents normals OR becomes a teleport from successfully absorbing a projectile (think Mr. Karate from KOF) and you have enough time to act before your opponent most of the time... not necessarily punish, but "get in" since this is an up-close-and-personal variation.
-EX DB+2 startup and recovery fast enough that you can continue a combo when cancelled from a ground string.
-When gauntlets are fully charged, jumping DD+4 becomes unblockable (broken?).

Shot Gun:
-DB+2 dust hitbox improved for consistency, but also the regular hitbox ground bounces an airborne opponent the first time in a combo (in case the dust misses but you still connect with the blast).
-DF+2 Wall bounces an airborne opponent the first time in a combo.
-EX DF+2 can wall bounce a grounded opponent. Knocks down if used a 2nd time in a combo.

Full Auto:
-212 is special cancellable.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I think F121 coming out on block or whiff and BF1 consistency should be added to the required list. Forcing the opponent to decide high or low at the end of that string once they're on defense (and as a by product getting the opponent to stand more often, allowing other pressure like canceling to up rocket, etc.) would do her a lot of good. I'd also vouch for a faster D2, but maybe that's just me.

Fixed/improved normals (no male/female inconsistencies in the corner either) will help her across the board in all variations, which is what I was getting at before. Right now they're not a reasonable counter-balance to her strengths and only cause an unnecessary amount of frustration for the people who play her. I've played too many fighting games to not know when a character is severely lacking, will be left in the dust in relation to the rest of the cast and even the training/lab-work isn't going to pay off. People can be fine with this, but I'll always push if there's an opportunity for improvement.

I'm tired of Kung Lao's hat basically being stronger than her as a whole character. His hat son. Come on lol.

I don't care where Jacqui ends up in tiers as long as the above stuff is fixed and more workable, so she can fight against the shenanigans from top characters better. (This has nothing to do with the stuff I'm about to post below).

Variation specific improvements: I'm not sure what I would do. I have some crazy ideas that may not fly in practice, but really I'd just want the variations to be viable, fun and unique enough that the majority of the playerbase doesn't flock to just one. A few of the "crazy" ideas:

High tech:
-EX DB+1 either doubles as a counter-attack to the opponents normals OR becomes a teleport from successfully absorbing a projectile (think Mr. Karate from KOF) and you have enough time to act before your opponent most of the time... not necessarily punish, but "get in" since this is an up-close-and-personal variation.
-EX DB+2 startup and recovery fast enough that you can continue a combo when cancelled from a ground string.

Shot Gun:
-DB+2 dust hitbox improved for consistency, but also the regular hitbox ground bounces an airborne opponent the first time in a combo (in case the dust misses but you still connect with the blast).
F1 I'm not sold on as an essential anymore. Firstly, it only helps FA and I want to prioritise things that benefit all variations as I genuinely think FA is weak. Beyond that, F1~up Rocket does jail, it just doesn't work well on hit (maybe I need to test more, but this seems to be the case)

Fast recovery and a hit of armor on exDB2 would be sick!

DD+4 is already unblockable during charges...but it's far from broken! I actually think it should launch allowing for a follow up (ideally F2)
Dust actually hits super consistently...but the BF2 does't launch consistently from low starters and dust pays the price :-(

I really like the idea of exHigh Shotgun wallbouncing too! Cool concept for what is generally a

High tech:

Shot Gun:
-DF+2 Wall bounces an airborne opponent the first time in a combo.
-EX DF+2 can wall bounce a grounded opponent. Knocks down if used a 2nd time in a combo.

Full Auto:
-212 is special cancellable.
F1 I'm not sold on as an essential anymore. Firstly, it only helps FA and I want to prioritise things that benefit all variations as I genuinely think FA is weak. Beyond that, F1~up Rocket does jail, it just doesn't work well on hit (maybe I need to test more, but this seems to be the case)

Fast recovery and a hit of armor on exDB2 would be sick!

DD+4 is already unblockable during charges...but it's far from broken! I actually think it should launch allowing for a follow up (ideally F2)
Dust actually hits super consistently...but the BF2 does't launch consistently from low starters and dust pays the price :-(

I really like the idea of exHigh Shotgun wallbouncing too! Cool concept for what is generally a less than useful move!

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Paulo confirmed a patch, daawwwg.