What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
She has the best frame data in the game. Also the females have wonkey ass hurtboxes and some combos wont work on them.

Jaqui also has amazing movement speed...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I dunno about best frame data...it kind of caught me off guard that she doesn't really have the greatest launchers or easy followups to them, never mind her slow unsafe specials :( but then again I've only played Shotgun so far so it could be different in other variations.

Also if you think there's a better costume than her alt you're insane and should stop playing Jacqui.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I dunno about best frame data...it kind of caught me off guard that she doesn't really have the greatest launchers or easy followups to them, never mind her slow unsafe specials :( but then again I've only played Shotgun so far so it could be different in other variations.

Also if you think there's a better costume than her alt you're insane and should stop playing Jacqui.
I prefer Full Auto and High Tech over Shotgun

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I prefer Full Auto and High Tech over Shotgun
I'll have a look at them later then. What are you guys using for launchers or meterless damage? I feel like she's limited in that area or maybe I'm missing something?

lslick

I'll have a look at them later then. What are you guys using for launchers or meterless damage? I feel like she's limited in that area or maybe I'm missing something?
Depends on what variation....in Full Auto, you can use high rocket midscreen on strings to launch them. Otherwise, you're going to have to use BF2. I believe Shotgun and High Tech have 1 string each that launch the opponent

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Seeing CDJR's Jacqui (Shotgun) vs Cossners Reptile (Nimble) in tonights stream.......that was hard to watch. Its like she had limited answers to him. His footsies seemed so much better than hers due to the speed and reach of his normals. Combined with his acid ball/spit, elbow dash and slide, it took alot for Jaqui to get in and start her shenanigans. The best thing she had going for her was low-shotguns and a dream :/

Don't have the game yet, so i dont know what else couldve been done. But wow.

lslick

Seeing CDJR's Jacqui (Shotgun) vs Cossners Reptile (Nimble) in tonights stream.......that was hard to watch. Its like she had limited answers to him. His footsies seemed so much better than hers due to the speed and reach of his normals. Combined with his acid ball/spit, elbow dash and slide, it took alot for Jaqui to get in and start her shenanigans. The best thing she had going for her was low-shotguns and a dream :/

Well it's only day 1. And he is still learning the game. He just learned that you can't do more than 1 restand in shotgun without the combo going into a reset and that was after the set. Give it some time so we can crack out the cheap stuff with her :p

I think Jacqui's mid tier. Reptile vs Jacqui looks bad but can be won. Jacqui vs Cassie looks bad but i don't think its 7-3 or 8-2. it more 6-4 both match ups. Reptile and Cassie are top tier it's going to look bad.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Well it's only day 1. And he is still learning the game. He just learned that you can't do more than 1 restand in shotgun without the combo going into a reset and that was after the set. Give it some time so we can crack out the cheap stuff with her :p
Setups and combos i can understand will take time. I'm sure shes got alot more dirt to throw in ppls faces. What i'm more concerned about is her footsie game. She didnt seem to have any reliable AA's against jump-ins (outside of Full-Auto variation). Short reach (in comparison to Cassie especially) when playing the spacing game on the ground. JR and Claude Von spent a long time in training mode trying to figure out any options against Cassie's rushdown.....that didnt end well at all :(

So, outside of Full-Auto, how are you guys dealing in the footsies department. What are your go to options? Is she really that easy to get in on?

Setups and combos i can understand will take time. I'm sure shes got alot more dirt to throw in ppls faces. What i'm more concerned about is her footsie game. She didnt seem to have any reliable AA's against jump-ins (outside of Full-Auto variation). Short reach (in comparison to Cassie especially) when playing the spacing game on the ground. JR and Claude Von spent a long time in training mode trying to figure out any options against Cassie's rushdown.....that didnt end well at all :(

So, outside of Full-Auto, how are you guys dealing in the footsies department. What are your go to options? Is she really that easy to get in on?
Her footies are good. It's her short reach as you said .

lslick

In terms of jump-ins, you can try to space using B1/F2 since it covers the area in front and above her. It will trade sometimes or you or the opponent will beat the other out. It's not too consistent unfortunately. You can also D2 as well.

In terms of jump-ins, you can try to space using B1/F2 since it covers the area in front and above her. It will trade sometimes or you or the opponent will beat the other out. It's not too consistent unfortunately. You can also D2 as well.
Do you feel Jacqui is low tier?

lslick

Do you feel Jacqui is low tier?
I think it's too early to worry about tier placing tbh. I think she has a lot of tools in each variation which works really well with her kit. She seems pretty good in my opinion but like I said, we shouldn't worry about placements as of now ;)