What's new

Is NRS Pulling our leg?

Seven

|| Seven ||
Cod is a pretty bad game, its just run and pray and spray, and makes everyone "good" and feel like they know what they are doing. The skill level needed in that game to do halfway decent is very low. And now its dumbing down every other game, the new Ghost Recon and even the new Gears.

I hope fighting games never get dumbed down the way that shooters have been because of CoD
lol have you watched any pros? You wouldn't get one kill on them. And MK9 isn't much more complicated than CoD is.

lol have you watched any pros? You wouldn't get one kill on them. And MK9 isn't much more complicated than CoD is.
Did you just compare a fighter and an FPS in terms of complexity? I don't think apples and oranges can even be used as comparison. Comparing Nail clippers vs Apples maybe :3

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Yes I did, they're both video games and they're both based on reaction.
So since platforming is a genre amongst video games and is based on reaction, lets throw Mario, Crash And Sonic in the mix.
What kind of argument/logic is that!?!
Whatever genre of game has its own intricacies and/or certain skills required to be successful in.
Top level Fg players require a different set of skills than Top level Fps players, it is fact and not to be questioned.

While taking a small break from the Injustice GAU IOS game on my phone.

So since platforming is a genre amongst video games and is based on reaction, lets throw Mario, Crash And Sonic in the mix.
What kind of argument/logic is that!?!
Whatever genre of game has its own intricacies and/or certain skills required to be successful in.
Top level Fg players require a different set of skills than Top level Fps players, it is fact and not to be questioned.
Pretty much this. I wasn't implying that FPS's don't get very skilled, I have played tourney level fps(and gotten mah ass whupped XD)
but the natures of the games are very different. One can say flick shots and reaction ultras are similar and that outhinking where your opponent is gonna go on a map and which rock paper or scissors you need boil down to similar things, they all work out very very differently.

However picking up an FPS is typically far less daunting than a fighting game(except maybe divekick :3). Everyone can point and shoot with a small measure of success. Compexity comes eventually with learning the properties of all the weapons, the layout and important points on the maps and the tactics those require and what other additions to gameplay that might have been added(ubers and turrets in TF2 come to mind). Its a very different experience from learning all the system mechanics, movesets, matchups(comparable maybe to gun and class knowledge? Is there even a shooter that has 24 distinct classes :3) and now funnily enough, map knowledge is added to a fighter beyond just how big it is(I am actually looking forward to this very much, I really like how its implemented and will be very sad if tourneys decide to not use them). The invisible hitboxes hiding invincibility true hurtbox size(well shooters can have that too ofcourse, I remember cs source models getting hit outside just the model) and not always.... I'm gonna stop here, I think I am just rambling.

I forgot why we were even comparing FPS's and Fighters, both can be great fun :)

While taking a small break from the Injustice GAU IOS game on my phone.
Im an android user and I am so jelly right now.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Everybody is complaining and I'm just over here like, "Hey, can I have the game already, I just wanna play, have fun, relax..."

SZSR

Noob
Yeah as a HUGE hardcore Godzilla fan I gotta say that game is a huge embarrassment, even more so when taken in account that Pipeworks already made Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and Godzilla: Save The Earth before then and both of those were so much better.

Blame Atari, they rushed them into unleashing, pun not intended, an unfinished game. Not a great business plan to go by, hopefully if NRS ever works on a Godzilla title they'll give it more justice then that.
This is why when people complain about MK, I just laugh at them, when you've played shit like G:U and MKDC your standards for fighting games get satisfied pretty quickly.

Will Injustice be perfect? No, I don't think any game will truly be perfect, they all have flaws. Injustice might end up having some broken aspect, but with a competent team that can actively fix problems, Injustice won't turn out anywhere near as bad as the games I mentioned above.

And with sizable quality content to boot.

People just need to complain about something.

Lmao at your signature BTW

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I'm one of those "pros" in terms of k/d and leaderboards and mlg and all that. . . and I can tell you right now that CoD sucks really bad and the level of skill required to be good at that game is very low. To be GREAT you still need to be good, but not phenomenal... like you needed to be back in the old Cod days or Ghost recon days our Counterstrike days.

Its smart, makes everyone feel good, even 12 year old kids, so people enjoy it and it sells a lot. And when you get tough, more realistic, games like Red Orchestra games or whatever people are like "this game sucks its all slow" its not that, its just that they are bad, and cant just run and spray and kill people right away, it actually takes skill.

Seven

|| Seven ||
I'm one of those "pros" in terms of k/d and leaderboards and mlg and all that. . . and I can tell you right now that CoD sucks really bad and the level of skill required to be good at that game is very low. To be GREAT you still need to be good, but not phenomenal... like you needed to be back in the old Cod days or Ghost recon days our Counterstrike days.

Its smart, makes everyone feel good, even 12 year old kids, so people enjoy it and it sells a lot. And when you get tough, more realistic, games like Red Orchestra games or whatever people are like "this game sucks its all slow" its not that, its just that they are bad, and cant just run and spray and kill people right away, it actually takes skill.
When I used to play, I also had a good K/D. But I'm talking about if you were to compete in a tournament. These pro players know all the choke points, flank areas, they can quick scope and never miss a shot, all these things are actually very hard to do. All the stuff you've been talking about is low level crap.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
When I used to play, I also had a good K/D. But I'm talking about if you were to compete in a tournament. These pro players know all the choke points, flank areas, they can quick scope and never miss a shot, all these things are actually very hard to do. All the stuff you've been talking about is low level crap.
that can be put to any game, how does this make CoD specifically not casual as fuck?

This is why when people complain about MK, I just laugh at them, when you've played shit like G:U and MKDC your standards for fighting games get satisfied pretty quickly.

Will Injustice be perfect? No, I don't think any game will truly be perfect, they all have flaws. Injustice might end up having some broken aspect, but with a competent team that can actively fix problems, Injustice won't turn out anywhere near as bad as the games I mentioned above.

And with sizable quality content to boot.

People just need to complain about something.
And now Atari is bankrupt....again. That's what you get for acting all demicky Atari. Seriously if that proves anything it's that even if you only care about the money you still need to put effort in or in this case give the guys you're publishing more enough time to do their work or else you lose money thanks to angry costumers saying it sucks.

Lmao at your signature BTW
Thanks. XD

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
No thats not just low level crap, that is how the game is, the entire game of CoD is low level crap. Spray through 5 walls without seeing someone and hitting them in the toe and killing them. Running, and then hopping 7 feet in the air while spraying and turning around and killing someone. The perks really have played a huge role in destroying that game. Its all cheap and very boring, and takes far less skill than using your brain and having to think strategically. Nowadays its about 10% tactics and 90% whos bullet hits whose first [lag for online] and most importantly who is looking in the right place at the right time when its 2 good teams facing each other. There is too much luck involved in much of it. Im sure we all agree, in the last 10 years its all been straight downhill for competitive shooters, theyve become arcadey and fast twitchy and with maps the size of my left shoe. Small maps take all strategy out, and leave just a small amount of tactics, and it ends up with EVERYONE doing the same thing.

Im just really glad fighting games havent devolved but actually evolved.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Guys...who cares? Seriously. Its an FPS. This is a fighting game forum. Different crowds like different things. Let it go. I don't CoD nor do I care, but I dont care that other people like it. If it wasn't fun then folks wouldn't play it so let them enjoy their thing and let it go so you can get back to fighting game stuff.

Seven

|| Seven ||
No thats not just low level crap, that is how the game is, the entire game of CoD is low level crap. Spray through 5 walls without seeing someone and hitting them in the toe and killing them. Running, and then hopping 7 feet in the air while spraying and turning around and killing someone. The perks really have played a huge role in destroying that game. Its all cheap and very boring, and takes far less skill than using your brain and having to think strategically. Nowadays its about 10% tactics and 90% whos bullet hits whose first [lag for online] and most importantly who is looking in the right place at the right time when its 2 good teams facing each other. There is too much luck involved in much of it. Im sure we all agree, in the last 10 years its all been straight downhill for competitive shooters, theyve become arcadey and fast twitchy and with maps the size of my left shoe. Small maps take all strategy out, and leave just a small amount of tactics, and it ends up with EVERYONE doing the same thing.

Im just really glad fighting games havent devolved but actually evolved.
Responding to you is getting me nowhere, there are teams in CoD that are almost unbeaten, if it was low level crap, no one would be dominate over anyone right? It would all just be luck and no one can be lucky all the time.........

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Idk, they have the mobile app which in itself is decent. You can unlock skins there. Also the leveling system. It seems to already be much deeper than MK9 in terms of replayability

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
how can this kind of thing be answered before the game is even released?

Because this shit has been leaked for weeks.

Why doesn't anyone but me consider this? I've personally reviewed most of the leaked stuff on youtube and forums.

Also i'm not a COD fanboy but people using COD as some sort of ego boost is getting out of hand. I buy it with all the other November releases and I play it until I feel like i've gotten as much as I can out of it. It's fun, it's simple, it's a good game, regardless of the DLC or the effort put into it or whatever the fuck.

People bully COD because everyone else does and it's easy, when there are far, faaaaaaar worse games being released every year.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What about'em?

All of the initial, base game content has been opened up and spread.

Not being sarcastic or whatever, you're probably right and i'm missing some shit or something.