Is NRS Pulling our leg?

MoldMan

Noob
From what I heard there is no unlockable boss
And the roster is as is.
I think the story mode will be 4hrs long

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
there are no unlockable characters, they said that already just costumes and other things. i share the same skepticism because of it only 24 characters, 28 with DLC but if thats it then only 28? MK had 32 plus 3 unplayable bosses. i mean i LOVE all the alt costumes and things they are doing with that and im gonna love this game but the character count being less is alot more important then other content to me, shit id take 32 characters over extra STAR labs missions/skins anyday

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
People need to stop harping on the amount of characters. There's twenty-four characters. Most fighter series get half that in their launch title, and it's a difference of a whole three characters. Add to that that there will probably be multiple sets of DLC characters and I'm really not seeing the problem.

If every character gets three costumes from the start, that's more content than MK9 right there. And you can expect the DLC for this game to be virtually endless. No telling the unlockables either. I never even actually heard someone say "more content" then MK9. I only ever heard "more DLC" than MK9.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
This thread should be closed, games not even out yet. Unless someone with a leaked copy verifies how much "content" is in the game then it's irrelevant. Even so, these people can't play online yet so all the new content there is yet to be fully revealed.

I'll take the online training mode with frame data, actual useful features, tagable moves, a revamped koth, online experience and hopefully a much improved netcode over MK9's slightly larger roster, awful online, and a mediocre at best training mode.

More to the point, how do you fucking measure it? If the answer is amount of shit to dick around with single player, Injustice has MK9 by the balls.
^^^ This.

They've mentioned heaps of times that in-game content, be it skins, story mode being longer, training mode, missions, ladder mode variations, etc.. It's all there.. and a lot more than MK9.

Fred Marvel

People need to stop harping on the amount of characters. There's twenty-four characters. Most fighter series get half that in their launch title, and it's a difference of a whole three characters. Add to that that there will probably be multiple sets of DLC characters and I'm really not seeing the problem.
24 in this day and age? if they were gonna do an ultimate or arcade version yeah but i doubt that. my problem is 24 is not enough playable characters, i know were getting DLC but when do those actual characters get released? if theyre gonna do 8 DLC then they would need to start rolling them out on release day or do them in 2's or 4's.

24 in this day and age? if they were gonna do an ultimate or arcade version yeah but i doubt that. my problem is 24 is not enough playable characters, i know were getting DLC but when do those actual characters get released? if theyre gonna do 8 DLC then they would need to start rolling them out on release day or do them in 2's or 4's.
You have no idea how much I disagree. For the first game in a franchise, 24 is great.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Dead or Alive 5 has less than 24 characters and no DLC characters. 24 is a decent number and there'll still be more.

Fred Marvel

You have no idea how much I disagree. For the first game in a franchise, 24 is great.
who's to say this will become a franchise? MKvsDC had 22 and that wasnt close to enough imo
now correct me if im wrong but iirc
MvC3 had 36 at launch
Tekken 6 and Tag 2 had over 40
SFIV had 25 at launch then did Super and Arcade and went up to 39
SFxT had 38 at launch
MK9 had 28 at launch
so how is 24 enough? because its a new franchise? does that matter when it involves the most popular superheroes and there was a kind of test run with MKvsDC? especially when your last game had 28 at launch? its regression imo i get that theres other content but the most important thing in a fighting game is the playable characters. now dont get me wrong im not freaking out just kinda confused as i have been expecting 30 at the least and 34 at the most characters after DLC.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
who's to say this will become a franchise? MKvsDC had 22 and that wasnt close to enough imo
now correct me if im wrong but iirc
MvC3 had 36 at launch
Tekken 6 and Tag 2 had over 40
SFIV had 25 at launch then did Super and Arcade and went up to 39
SFxT had 38 at launch
MK9 had 28 at launch
so how is 24 enough? because its a new franchise? does that matter when it involves the most popular superheroes and there was a kind of test run with MKvsDC? especially when your last game had 28 at launch? its regression imo i get that theres other content but the most important thing in a fighting game is the playable characters. now dont get me wrong im not freaking out just kinda confused as i have been expecting 30 at the least and 34 at the most characters after DLC.

Valid points in refering to recent history maybe NRS didn't take this into consideration. The DC universe is vast so only NRS would know why they chose only 24 at launch.

SZSR

Noob
Godzilla: Unleashed had 26 characters (with no DLC) on the main version, the game was rushed and glitchy as hell. Some parts of the game didn't work and there were visual glitches abound and they had more than the 2 years NRS had to create their game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla:_Unleashed

Injustice has 24 on launch with announced AND promised at least 4 DLC characters? It's a no brainer what they lack in roster they put into fine tuning the game. We're getting quality content not just putting it all together in a mish mash and ship it. Quality.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Out of the 27 characters in MK9,(28 on the PS3) how many are the ones more frequently used?
After playing The Challenge Tower who ever bothered playing it again?

In the end, nobody cares. If the core is well-made, the game is balanced and it's fun to play and watch, it's still a good fighting game. Honestly I think it's even better to have fewer characters so that match-ups are going to be faster to learn.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Practice mode, Variety of characters, Longer story mode, Online is supposed to be better, Shit tons of Ladder modes, Lots of alt costumes,...

I'd live with that.

Neclord

Noob
CoD is better. I can release a grenade after death and people spawn on the same spot like me. Never seen such a well made competitive game!