What's new

Is NRS Pulling our leg?

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
I don't really care about the amount because each character is from DC with moves from comics. Sold.

As long as there is a clear difference between all other characters and there more than 8, fine by me. :)

The only thing NRS really should have done with Injustice is at least add a tag mode. I know quite a few people not getting the game just due to the lack of this mode

kronspik

Noob
Lol at anyone who thinks 24 characters isn't enough. It's hard enough balancing 12 characters. The less characters they have, the more time they can spend making each of them balanced and viable. Most games with a huge number of characters have serious balance issues. SF4 might be the exception but that game has been repatched for like 4 years now.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
it would of been nice to have the option. The tag mode is what got my friend interested to play together.
that would be cool but where did your idea of a tag mode come from? why were you interested in a feature that was never announced or even hinted at? im just curious

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Characters are so unique it doesn't matteer if it's 24.
To me there aren't more unique than mk9. From what I've seen in the demo, WW, Lex and Batman have exactly the same combos mechanics (3 hits, special, b3, 3 hits, special) which is actually very boring to me.
Ofc there is the 4 button, but it also take off one normal move in the game and by the way, lot of 4 special look to be very similar (shazam and superman, batman and sinestro).

To me there aren't more unique than mk9. From what I've seen in the demo, WW, Lex and Batman have exactly the same combos mechanics (3 hits, special, b3, 3 hits, special) which is actually very boring to me.
Ofc there is the 4 button, but it also take off one normal move in the game and by the way, lot of 4 special look to be very similar (shazam and superman, batman and sinestro).
There's more free flow and innovation than MK9, traits and unique air normals > anything in MK9.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Lol at anyone who thinks 24 characters isn't enough. It's hard enough balancing 12 characters. The less characters they have, the more time they can spend making each of them balanced and viable. Most games with a huge number of characters have serious balance issues. SF4 might be the exception but that game has been repatched for like 4 years now.
24 isnt enough variety imo, i get that the characters are different but thats not a reason to have less than usual, they can balance them all they want but the game gets tired using the same characters over and over, id rather play with 24 unbalanced than 12 that are.
im not saying it needs 50 or even 40 thats too much but 24 is NOT enough especially when most people wont use everyone, like me personally i wont use Bane,Grundy,Lex or Doomsday off the bat just because they dont fit my playstyle so then i have to choose from the 20 left and some of them seem like they wont either. this game has ALOT of great characters so i might even like using 6 or 8 regularly and a couple others occasionally but im probably messing around with 11 at most and the star labs missions for the characters i dont use are gonna be blown through for xp, i mean it might just be me but just adding 4 or 8 more characters would change that alot and give the game more replay value

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
Can we end this discussion now please?

There's a legitimate argument supporting both sides so this argument will literally lead to nowhere. Just back and forth "nuh uh" and "yuh huh"

A 24 character roster is fine. Not everyone treats having more characters as providing more replay value. But having more than 24 isn't necessarily a bad thing either. See what I mean? There's no good evidence that dictates which side of the argument is right. Let's all be happy for the 24 that we've received (this roster is a helluva lot more diverse and unique than Mk9's, don't even try to prove otherwise) and look forward to the future DLC characters.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
that would be cool but where did your idea of a tag mode come from? why were you interested in a feature that was never announced or even hinted at? im just curious
I just thought it was possible since they made mk9 as well. It's fine that it is not in though.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Remember when NRS said they'd have more content than MK9 ? Well currently Injustice has 24 characters ( not including DLC ) and how much does MK9 have? 27 ( again not including DLC or Kratos for PS3 ). There are also 240 bonus missions on Injustice and MK9 has 300. Injustice currently has the upper hand on stages since each stage is actually a mixture of two or three because of stage transitions. Now this isn't me saying "OMG THIS GAME SUCKS COD IS BETTER HEUHHEUHHEUH" Infact I am going to rape this game when it release. So what are your thoughts on this? Do you hink CoD IS Better ? (Rhetorical question CoD is Shit).
People that say CoD sucks don't know what there are talking about (to put it lightly). It is EXTREMELY successful and just because a bunch of 12 year olds play it, doesn't mean it's a bad game. All of other shooters copy CoD's mechanics, and it has one of the most grossing tournaments in history (one million dollar prize tournaments).

Godzilla: Unleashed had 26 characters (with no DLC) on the main version, the game was rushed and glitchy as hell. Some parts of the game didn't work and there were visual glitches abound and they had more than the 2 years NRS had to create their game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla:_Unleashed

Injustice has 24 on launch with announced AND promised at least 4 DLC characters? It's a no brainer what they lack in roster they put into fine tuning the game. We're getting quality content not just putting it all together in a mish mash and ship it. Quality.
Yeah as a HUGE hardcore Godzilla fan I gotta say that game is a huge embarrassment, even more so when taken in account that Pipeworks already made Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and Godzilla: Save The Earth before then and both of those were so much better.

Blame Atari, they rushed them into unleashing, pun not intended, an unfinished game. Not a great business plan to go by, hopefully if NRS ever works on a Godzilla title they'll give it more justice then that.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
People that say CoD sucks don't know what there are talking about (to put it lightly). It is EXTREMELY successful and just because a bunch of 12 year olds play it, doesn't mean it's a bad game. All of other shooters copy CoD's mechanics, and it has one of the most grossing tournaments in history (one million dollar prize tournaments).
Cod is a pretty bad game, its just run and pray and spray, and makes everyone "good" and feel like they know what they are doing. The skill level needed in that game to do halfway decent is very low. And now its dumbing down every other game, the new Ghost Recon and even the new Gears.

I hope fighting games never get dumbed down the way that shooters have been because of CoD

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
yeah mb SSF4AE got more characters but in this game u can find at least 10 clones , 24 unique its already very good and everyone can find a lovely character to main him. OR there is someone who can main more than 24 characters at the same time ? :)

yeah mb SSF4AE got more characters but in this game u can find at least 10 clones , 24 unique its already very good and everyone can find a lovely character to main him. OR there is someone who can main more than 24 characters at the same time ? :)
I just thought of that maining more than joke only to see you post it first, die in a thousand fires!

Well played though(srsly, get out of my head!)

I said before SF4 was released with only 17 characters(so you know, 7 less for anyone discalculatic out there). As long as we don't have a vanilla Sagat I think we'll be good to go. Console release brought the total up to 25(by making the 2 bosses playable and adding Dan, Sakura, Rose, Fei Long, Cammy and Gen). Then came the next update to 35 characters in the form of SSF4. Finally in the new arcade version it got turned into 39 characters.

So please stop comparing a new release to one with 4 updated rosters :p

ps. Please tell me about these 10 clones in SSF4, cause that I WILL fight you on. :3

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I just thought of that maining more than joke only to see you post it first, die in a thousand fires!

Well played though(srsly, get out of my head!)

I said before SF4 was released with only 17 characters(so you know, 7 less for anyone discalculatic out there). As long as we don't have a vanilla Sagat I think we'll be good to go. Console release brought the total up to 25(by making the 2 bosses playable and adding Dan, Sakura, Rose, Fei Long, Cammy and Gen). Then came the next update to 35 characters in the form of SSF4. Finally in the new arcade version it got turned into 39 characters.

So please stop comparing a new release to one with 4 updated rosters :p

ps. Please tell me about these 10 clones in SSF4, cause that I WILL fight you on.
dude calm down please , i just answered for firsts posts , and u are right no need to compare new release and olds, i am actually giving my own opinion to people who compare new and old. And about clones , ryu ken, etc. in mk there is 1 clone is cyber sub zero so NRS can copie from sf4 and make something like sub zero + cyber + frost + more copies and than people will cry cause there are many clones

dude calm down please , i just answered for firsts posts , and u are right no need to compare new release and olds, i am actually giving my own opinion to people who compare new and old. And about clones , ryu ken, etc. in mk there is 1 clone is cyber sub zero so NRS can copie from sf4 and make something like sub zero + cyber + frost + more copies and than people will cry cause there are many clones
I guess I need more emotes to indicate how lighthearted the tone in my post was :p I added one ^^

As for Ryu and Ken being a clone, they might have the same specials, they couldn't play more different if they tried :p
(Also Ryu is viable, Ken is not :3 )