What's new

Injustice region locked ???

Amadeous

Noob
I thought PS3 games weren't supposed to be region locked.

surprised there wasn't an uproar about this before release.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
better than playing my unexisting friends.
depends on if you want to play the same game they play in tournaments. if you are happy to play a broke online version be my guest, just dont cloud offline discussion with your online disinformation

EGGXI

Scary Bat
At the very least fix the asian servers so I can actually fight people who aren't from TYM. It's great playing them but I am getting my ass handed to me every time!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Same region is bad enough. Why do I want to play someone in Europe? I tend to forget that some people enjoy playing in the mud with lead boots. I just quit that bullshit. Online sucks.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't really like online too much either. Offline guy :16Bit
Online is shit across everything I've played. Same region in AE is bad 80% of the time as well; there's no "perfect netcode". SCV probably had the best that I've seen and that desynced or had horrible lag 80% of the time as well. I've spent enough time in various games attempting to play online to inform you that it sucks and should never be taken even remotely seriously. Unless, you're in Japan, or South Korea. They don't have shit tier connections over there.

Shout outs to all the South American players with dial-up. JAJAJAJA lag tactics.

Like I said and others have pointed out, you can just choose an option to "Play others in your region" like any other fighting game out just now and that will mean any ranked match or koth you choose to fight against random players will only let you play others in your region the exact same way the region lock is currently limiting us to. BUT if you wanted to play some friends from overseas you should at least have the option to do so whether it lags or not, it's your choice to play against them at the risk it lags and the game shouldn't just restrict you from that choice.

When people ask "Why would I want to play overseas when same region is bad" no one is forcing you to, pretty much every other fight just lets you filter out those within your region if you want a good connection. Being able to play overseas is mainly for those with friends overseas, not so much wanting to fight randoms.

Element_

The First Element
As much as i'd love to play my friends from the states, I just can't see the games online being of any quality ....so to sum it up, I hate region lock but I do think it is the right call IMO.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Either I have the most godlike connection known to man or all of your connections suck, because online is generally smooth as eggs for me. But yeah, no region-locks would be good. *Ahem* hecterrific colt

As much as i'd love to play my friends from the states, I just can't see the games online being of any quality ....so to sum it up, I hate region lock but I do think it is the right call IMO.
Well then what is wrong with simply having the option to play only people in your region if you don't have a solid connection? Every other fighting game out there does this and it has the same effect as a region lock but at least everyone has the option to play those overseas if they want to. How would the option being there effect you if you aren't going to choose it anyway? Which is why there's no reason for it to not be there because in the end it's down to if the player chooses to fight friends overseas and if they don't want to that's they're choice too.

Literally the only thing having the option to choose your own region or foreign regions when filtering for an online match is that you have to press the X button to confirm at least one extra time, that's it :V

Element_

The First Element
Well then what is wrong with simply having the option to play only people in your region if you don't have a solid connection? Every other fighting game out there does this and it has the same effect as a region lock but at least everyone has the option to play those overseas if they want to. How would the option being there effect you if you aren't going to choose it anyway? Which is why there's no reason for it to not be there because in the end it's down to if the player chooses to fight friends overseas and if they don't want to that's they're choice too.

Literally the only thing having the option to choose your own region or foreign regions when filtering for an online match is that you have to press the X button to confirm at least one extra time, that's it :V
Dude I understand where your coming from , but it just seems to me like it would be pointless, I struggle sometimes to get cool unlaggy fights with people in my own country , never mind lets say the west coast of the U.S....and my internet connection is a boss btw .its just ,online stinks ;)

Element_

The First Element
I have probably played over 30 video games online , and only 2 have give me headaches with the connection...MK vs DC and MK9,both made by NRS (well they was called Midway when they created MK vs DC)

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
You guys must be the ones with the shit connections. Injustice has been running smooth as ever online for me. 3pings and over feels like damn near offline.

Element_

The First Element
I know I may sound like I have spilt the salt over here, but removing it means more "LAGGY" games. I rest my case your honour .

I know I may sound like I have spilt the salt over here, but removing it means more "LAGGY" games. I rest my case your honour .
Only laggy if you fight people outside your region. If you select "Fight players within my region" you'll have the exact same amount of games, laggy or not, as you have just now. Removing the region lock and adding a region select system would just offer the choice to play other regions, not force you to.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Is there a "lock" for Private Matches? Thats a little rough... Im ok with Private Games being open.... The lock is good... If your playing online and your opponent isnt fairly close then there will mostly likely be some lag... I love online IF im playing vs NY players (cause they are local) and the lag is almost non existant... Otherwise its a crapshoot... BUt this goes for ALL games...

Is there a "lock" for Private Matches? Thats a little rough... Im ok with Private Games being open.... The lock is good... If your playing online and your opponent isnt fairly close then there will mostly likely be some lag... I love online IF im playing vs NY players (cause they are local) and the lag is almost non existant... Otherwise its a crapshoot... BUt this goes for ALL games...
Even if private matches were open that would make the situation a lot better, and if they plan to make the whole online Open to other regions then just put in the option to select your own region or select any when it's searching for an opponent. That would be brilliant.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Even if private matches were open that would make the situation a lot better, and if they plan to make the whole online Open to other regions then just put in the option to select your own region or select any when it's searching for an opponent. That would be brilliant.

that would be very gdlk if you could choose local region or random region or whatever... I agree

Amadeous

Noob
I think the netcode in this game needs a patch and then a region unlock.

I can play Blazblue with players in Japan from Texas and it runs great. Why can't I play someone from New York in this game and it runs bad?