What's new

Injustice region locked ???

aj1701

Noob
Has any one tried messing around with the DNS settings to play folk in the US? You know like you can get the US Netflix?

I don't see the logic behind region locking it or at least not giving you the option. Come on man, there can't be that much difference than playing someone in the US compared to playing someone in the darkest corners of Russia.
I like the region lock, I don't want to play some laggy opponent from half way across the world.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Couldn't you guys get an American PS3 or something like that? I think that's how Madzin competed in that online tournament way back when.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
The only fighters I played online that were consistently good in the lag department is SCV, SF and Tekken. Even Skullgirls lags bad from time to time.
Skullgirls only lags when you come across idiots with moderate-not so good connections who don't know how to use GGPO correctly.

Hey all, new to the IJ forums and I know it may seem bad to have my first post be about something negative to do with the game but I say this because I LOVE this game and want to see it improved. :)

Basically the PS3 versions Online is region locked. This means as an EU player I cannot play any of my US friends which is a shame cause on another forum everyone was exited for this game but now our community for it has been split.

I really really hope the devs work in an update to remove the region lock and if people still only want to play people in their region leave in a setting to do so like pretty much every other online fighting game (even indie game Skullgirls has this option and was once region locked for a few months before working this in.)

I really don't want to have to feel separated from the community and want this games community to grow and grow but this region lock is restricting, especially since there's not been any reason given by the games creators as to why it's there to begin with. I hope this gets sorted out one day.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Lag is terrible when you play people in the same city, let alone how terrible it is when your playing someone on the other side of the planet.

Its just.......a necessary thing. :/
not 100% true, all about connection, playing toro in mk9 who lives in states on ps3 (he has eu copy) were some of the least laggy matches ive ever played in mk9 online

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
nope. as tim said, same city games are bad enough, across the planet you wont be playing the same game as everyone else, youll be playing some extra slow lag filled unpunishable version of it and it will distort your perception of the true game.