What's new

Injustice Post Evo Question: Numbers after Evo

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
WNF - How are numbers after Evo?

NLBC - How are number after Evo?

Training Sessions - How are your numbers after Evo

What is the geenral consensus in your region, scene, etc about the game and its future after Evo

Any complaints, suggestions, etc that people wish or are looking for?

Atlanta Scene:
I think we are taking the game seriously still with a grain of salt because many are worried about this game being dominated by 5 characters. Its almost as if not playing the top 5 characters then you arent playing the game

next Atlanta BNB is Aug 1st so we'll see, Hopefully things continue to go well and I expect Atlanta to take TFC seriously and do well. We are all picking up the top 3-5 characters in the game until further changes if any happen. Like seriously when playing INjustice why would you EVER pick lobo, bane, etc when you can just pick Superman black adam and Aquaman

We are having our Level up gatherings start back next week and hopefully we'll all get a better sense there.

i want this game to continue to grow and do well but am concerned when you have 3-5 extremely dominate characters holding the game's potential back.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I like the game more now,

I have a local in a couple weeks, we'll see who everyone is playing then, it will be nice if I only have to concentrate on 3-5 different match ups.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
In Indianapolis, we host a monthly called "Godlike Sunday". Takes place on the first Sunday of every month. It pretty much consists of people from all around Indiana and people from Ohio. Our next one in August will be interesting to see. Since we first starting holding Injustice in May, our number of May Injustice registrants was 17. In June: 13. July (the last Sunday before EVO): 4.

I blame the July numbers on EVO. The entire event had maybe a fourth of the total attendance that we usually see. We usually average about 50 - 70 players each month. For July, I don't even think that we broke 30 attendants.

Our August event will really tell me how the local area up here stands, in terms of Injustice.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
You mean one character. I want things to play out for a while before any serious changes, but if things remain the same I believe a nerf to superman will give a lot more characters a fighting chance. As it stands, IF superman is as good as we think he is then I think he and he alone is holding other characters down from being viable. He's got the best zoning out of the top tiers and if he was nerfed then a lot of characters who struggle with his full screen shenanigans could potentially be viable.

I$AAC

Noob
Well here in the Tampa Bay Area so far so good.

In Tampa I think only 3 are left but that's because most of the players that played it there was just playing it cause it was new before they all went back to marvel/AE

In the Clearwater/ST. Pete area we've got around 9 players and 4 in New Port Richey. We also have 10 plus in Sarasota. So I guess it's so far so good over here.

Montreal. Scene died. IGAU in general is a major turn off for casual play and the preference seems to be MK so people here just stopped going once everyone switched to IGAU.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
AK Pig Of The Hut

This will always be a game of top tier.

Seriously though, if Superman and BA are nerfed, then you will see Aquaman and GL dominate almost assuredly.

What really needs to be fixed is the utter dominace of chars that either have amazing footsie dominating tools (Superman, GL, Aquaman) or chars that completely ignore footsies (Black Adam and Killer Frost).

There needs to be a big SFxT-style overhaul patch to change that. Which I would be fine with but I doubt that will happen.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
WNF - How are numbers after Evo?

NLBC - How are number after Evo?

Training Sessions - How are your numbers after Evo

What is the geenral consensus in your region, scene, etc about the game and its future after Evo

Any complaints, suggestions, etc that people wish or are looking for?

Atlanta Scene:
I think we are taking the game seriously still with a grain of salt because many are worried about this game being dominated by 5 characters. Its almost as if not playing the top 5 characters then you arent playing the game

next Atlanta BNB is Aug 1st so we'll see, Hopefully things continue to go well and I expect Atlanta to take TFC seriously and do well. We are all picking up the top 3-5 characters in the game until further changes if any happen. Like seriously when playing INjustice why would you EVER pick lobo, bane, etc when you can just pick Superman black adam and Aquaman

We are having our Level up gatherings start back next week and hopefully we'll all get a better sense there.

i want this game to continue to grow and do well but am concerned when you have 3-5 extremely dominate characters holding the game's potential back.
I saw a hawkgirl player win against kdz, also a bane player took a game of him.
You are the perfect example of turning a character into top tier. Please continue this legacy, cause in injustice you did a good job so far with sinestro.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You know, I saw the same rant about "only the top characters win" when MK was thriving. People said that if you don't play the, "top 5" you'll lose.

Same old song and dance, my friend.

Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut

This will always be a game of top tier.

Seriously though, if Superman and BA are nerfed, then you will see Aquaman and GL dominate almost assuredly.

What really needs to be fixed is the utter dominace of chars that either have amazing footsie dominating tools (Superman, GL, Aquaman) or chars that completely ignore footsies (Black Adam and Killer Frost).

There needs to be a big SFxT-style overhaul patch to change that. Which I would be fine with but I doubt that will happen.
Yea I agree w this whole-heartedely

If u nerf superman, then there's GL, then there's Aquaman , then.....etc

I agree it's an issue underneath the surface of the game's design

For this reason alone it's hard to balance, Still though superman seems pretty Dominate

Does anyone else get really Sick of hearing "Duperman is dominate w cause he's supposed to be, he's SUPERman"?

That statement makes me extremely annoyed

Pig Of The Hut

I saw a hawkgirl player win against kdz, also a bane player took a game of him.
You are the perfect example of turning a character into top tier. Please continue this legacy, cause in injustice you did a good job so far with sinestro.
WoundCowboy has dropped sinestro for black Adam

I might be only one left w p2w

Though I too am picking up a god tier in this game

Rude

3 appearances of Kabal and 2 appearances of Kung Lao in EVO Top 8.
Injustice had 3 Supermen.

What's the difference, exactly? A good player beats another good player after having years to work on the match-up?
Versus Injustice's handful of months and many people(including myself) still learning the best punish methods for every match up?

Take off the rose-colored glasses and be REAL.

Rude

Wasn't Black Adam's divekick made less safe in the last patch?

The Gabriel

Mean Man
It's not just about being at the top (Superman), it's about *how far* above the rest (or majority) of the cast the top is. Sure, if you nerf Supes then Batman/GL/Aquaman would be top, but there would be a much smaller gap between them and the rest of the cast, which is what you strive for in good balance.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You see, imo the top 5 are:

Flash
Superman
Black Adam
Aguahombre
Raven

I consider GL top 10 at best.

Pig Of The Hut

3 appearances of Kabal and 2 appearances of Kung Lao in EVO Top 8.
Injustice had 3 Supermen.

What's the difference, exactly? A good player beats another good player after having years to work on the match-up?
Versus Injustice's handful of months and many people(including myself) still learning the best punish methods for every match up?

Take off the rose-colored glasses and be REAL.
I can be real

44% BNB kabal combo - months of practice and execution

44% BNB superman combo - mins of practice, requires little execution

When Reo 2ndc me to death I respect the level of execution required to do so

Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut just wait till bring my flash to summer jam next month. you wont be talking about supermen and BA anymore. you will be on pl's boat Nd say this character is cheap. if you play like djt with the flash he becomes top 5. if you get on this weekend we should play.
Flash is top 3 unquestionably

My top 5 in order

Superman
Flash
Aquaman
Black Adam
Batman