What's new

Injustice General Discussion

I have the newest version of the 360 and the same thing happens. When it does i am forced to delete all my dlc and redownload and it works perfectly, but it is a pain :(

I'm unsure what exactly is causing this nonsense, but every time this game has had a patch, be it for new character, balance, etc, the game crashes numerous times with no end in sight. Generally the solution to this has been to delete the most recent patch, clear your system cache, and try again (Which is already unacceptable for the amount of times it has been necessary, and the lack of a statement from Netherealm on the issue.) With the Zatanna patch, there is no such solution, and I absolutely cannot play my game.

I have an older model 360, so I'm already more than often struggling to simply get my console to connect to the internet, despite having Fios. When I finally get a connection despite poor console optimization, I have to just hope my game doesn't immediately crash on the menu screen every time a new patch hits. Is this just an issue with older model 360's? You couldn't begin to fathom how ludicrous it is the amount of times I've had to restart my console just to get a chance at spending money on a new character, only to again crash and restart the process.

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one out there this has has been happening to. This reoccurring experience makes me dread every patch day and is completely unforgivable from the devs at this point in my opinion.

I understand how you feel. I have to do the exact same thing every time a new character comes out. The only file I delete is the most recent update (7 mb file) and it seems to solve it. Even worse than that was I had to delete my game saved data one time because the game would not allow me to go to archive or load up any of my costumes obtained through archives. This is the reason why you sometimes see players with a lot of online matches under their belts but their level is not that high.

Flagg

Noob
I'm unsure what exactly is causing this nonsense, but every time this game has had a patch, be it for new character, balance, etc, the game crashes numerous times with no end in sight. Generally the solution to this has been to delete the most recent patch, clear your system cache, and try again (Which is already unacceptable for the amount of times it has been necessary, and the lack of a statement from Netherealm on the issue.) With the Zatanna patch, there is no such solution, and I absolutely cannot play my game.

I have an older model 360, so I'm already more than often struggling to simply get my console to connect to the internet, despite having Fios. When I finally get a connection despite poor console optimization, I have to just hope my game doesn't immediately crash on the menu screen every time a new patch hits. Is this just an issue with older model 360's? You couldn't begin to fathom how ludicrous it is the amount of times I've had to restart my console just to get a chance at spending money on a new character, only to again crash and restart the process.

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one out there this has has been happening to. This reoccurring experience makes me dread every patch day and is completely unforgivable from the devs at this point in my opinion.

Im sure its not related, but as soon as the "Zod Patch" hit, my Injustice games kept freezing and I had to empty the cache, etc. I also have a older model 360 and now its practically unplayable as the whole thing freezes after being on for 5 minutes.

I have two 360's older and new slim model. Both work, and both work poorly (only with this game, the problem isn't really the xbox itself).

As others have mentioned, clear cache, delete the downloaded patch. At one point I had to delete EVERYTHING IGAU related in order to fix one of the Xboxes - I would only do that as a last resort however.

NRS managed to bork something in the cache system (I think its related to their daily challenges and crap like that, but thats somewhat speculative).

Only problems I've had with Injustice DLC is that the S.T.A.R Labs keep on disappearing and my 360 takes a long time to boot up ever since I downloaded MMH, although it now boots up a little quicker since downloading Zatanna.

My buddy with a PS3 is having troubles with crashes since downloading Zatanna, so yeah.. They need to test their DLC more.

Bk26

Noob
I have a 360 slim and my friend has an elite . Characters don't show up and compatibility patches need redownloading about 90 percent of the time. If you sign out of your profile and back in it usually remedies this. After zatanna and the latest compatibility patch I've noticed the game will crash sometimes and say "disc read error clean disc " and the game is installed on my Hard drive. I have never redownloaded any content besides title updates and usually clear the system cache before play. It's an inconvenience though :/ I'm getting sick of this

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
I've had so many issues with this game. DLC characters disappearing, Red Son DLC rarely loads, compatibility patches not loading, and it freezing every time they release a patch. It's embarrassing how the game's stability has gotten worse as time goes on. Clearing the cache has worked for me.

PaYizT

Say it with your chest .
Just wondering for the people that use pads in injustice, do yall use d-pad or analog? iam using the analogstick for now since i wont be getting my arcade stick until next month , but anyways i have trouble doing some moves like back,foward /down,up ,and just feel like switching do any like pros play with the d-pad?, i seen high level players like reo ,brady use the default ps3 pad but do they use d-pads,or the analog? I'am having a crisis on this topic lol.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just wondering for the people that use pads in injustice, do yall use d-pad or analog? iam using the analogstick for now since i wont be getting my arcade stick until next month , but anyways i have trouble doing some moves like back,foward /down,up ,and just feel like switching do any like pros play with the d-pad?, i seen high level players like reo ,brady use the default ps3 pad but do they use d-pads,or the analog? I'am having a crisis on this topic lol.
D pad. Dpad ALLLLLLLLL the way.

There is oversteer on analog sticks and if you elevate or lower the stick slightly it may be enough to make the game read a motion wrong. The PS3 Dpad is the best because it literally seperates each direction into seperate buttons. Most dpads are just a single object "+" and the 360 pad is reaaaaaally bad as it is a circular plate that is elevated. This creates a lot of oversteer issues on the 360 pad...it makes some motions like dragon punches in other games a gamble sometimes.

Offbrand 360 pads are even worse as well as the dpad on many 360 fight pads because they would elevate the damned pad too high and create the same (if not worse) oversteer issues. The WWE Brawl pad is atrocious for this...and as bad as this is I'd still prefer it to the analog thumbstick on a fighting game. Its the main reason why the PDP versus controller flopped IMO. Microswitches and all that delicious engineering into the grip and then they go and screw it all up by throwing a thumbstick onto it.

Dpad over analog though and if you are on 360...well...invest in a PS3 pad and converter.

EDIT: Or try to get ahold of the B15SDM fight pad once its out of prototyping...check this mofo out!

b15sdm the god of custom fighting game equipment said:
http://www.joystickvault.com/showphoto.php?photo=6037&si=Prototype

Recently had to delete save data, as I couldn't access the archives or my costumes.

Still have to redownload the latest compatibility patch before I do anything else to make sure I have everything.

Just wondering, if i get the GOTY edition can i continue on my saves from "vanilla" Injustice? Never had 2 discs of the same game before.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
It's really pissing me off why the updates are that huge. I just assumed it was for the character but it seems like, reading this thread, that isn't the case.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Can we please talk about interactables? Why are they still allowed? It's not fair for Superman to rape me for 70% and then throw a stupid 20% unblockable at me while I am on the ground and can't do anything about it but when I want to use that interactable I just use it to jump away

Can we please talk about interactables? Why are they still allowed? It's not fair for Superman to rape me for 70% and then throw a stupid 20% unblockable at me while I am on the ground and can't do anything about it but when I want to use that interactable I just use it to jump away
I just think they do too much damage.