What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I know that will never happen, but how I wish they would improve netcode... It's so bad. Nothing is ever punishable, and advanced stuff never work.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I used to have shit lag matches I the first month, now it's pretty clear for me most of the time.

It's like this with every fighting game it seems(except TTT2 maybe).

Some people just have shit lag.

I know that will never happen, but how I wish they would improve netcode... It's so bad. Nothing is ever punishable, and advanced stuff never work.

Funny, I have you as a friend on PSN, from the days of Anarchy, and I haven't fought you once in this game.

You are Boo- something with a Z, right?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Do you guys think it's good to have a "main stage" that you spend most of your time developing strategies with for your main characters?

I do this, with Luthor and his Lab.

I learned the intractable, out to use them and what situations are they best for, things like that.

Start the match with a jump-back 3(axe swing) and then I throw the light, then I do the laser which catches them just fast enough to prevent them from throwing the other light that's right above them after I hit them the first time. Then I set stuff up and if I get the head of the far right I'll try to scare them out of the corner or get them with a mine, and hit them with the head. If I get to the left corner i'll pelt them with a timed mixture of jumping 3 and the laser interactable, if they start to figure out how to avoid the two attacks i'll stand stationary for a bit in front of them to bait and hit them with an armored stage transition if they so much as twitch.

Thats just some of the stuff in my flowchart of that stage.

Really, armored back 3 is underused, that shit is amazing if your good at reading and baiting.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
"tourney f@gs" vs "filthy casuals"

One plays to win at all cost. Other plays for fun/enjoyment

Who do you think is "right"

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If you're spending a majority of your time playing video games, and fun isn't your primary motive I think you have some kind of problem.

This isn't a diss to tourney players.

Some(i'd like to assume most) tourney players enter tourneys for both fun and the sweet, sweet feeling of victory.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
"tourney f@gs" vs "filthy casuals"

One plays to win at all cost. Other plays for fun/enjoyment

Who do you think is "right"
You sound as though you believe tourney players dont have fun...I can assure you they do.

The correct answer is BOTH are right. Play what you enjoy and play it in the manner you enjoy it most. There's no wrong way to enjoy the game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This really makes me realize how fucked up the WW model is in this game. Red Son and #600 are the only costumes that look good on her.

Such a beautiful costume wasted

I like WW with a bit more armor on(or any at all) makes her look more like an Amazon warrior.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
I'm new to injustice, I'm maining Superman to learn the game, however I do enjoy playing more than one character. How is the transition in picking up and learning new characters? How many characters have you guys learned.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I'm new to injustice, I'm maining Superman to learn the game, however I do enjoy playing more than one character. How is the transition in picking up and learning new characters? How many characters have you guys learned.
So far i've learned Ares, Raven, Doomsday(Super easy to learn), Sinestro, and currently learning Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter when he comes out. Transitions can be pretty rough at times if you don't know what you got.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
So far i've learned Ares, Raven, Doomsday(Super easy to learn), Sinestro, and currently learning Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter when he comes out. Transitions can be pretty rough at times if you don't know what you got.

When learning their combos do you go to the combo threads or do you figure them out yourself(I have no idea how people figure out these things.)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I tend to look for combos here then see if I can extend the damage further as practical as possible, so it's a little bit of both.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I hate to say it guys, but I am starting to dislike this game and the way it is being played. It is nothing but "chase your opponent, or make them chase you". Why? Is it that detrimental to one's ego if you lose a match? I'm finding more and more of the people I play online, especially those in the top ranks, are resorting to "come and get me" tactics. I like to play competitively too, but I can also see how gameplay such as this will end ruining this game and possibly hindering future fighting games to come. It's like the people who camp in Call of Duty; sure you can kill them and get around their tactics, but the overall experience is killed when you have to start dealing with it match after match after match.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I hate to say it guys, but I am starting to dislike this game and the way it is being played. It is nothing but "chase your opponent, or make them chase you". Why? Is it that detrimental to one's ego if you lose a match? I'm finding more and more of the people I play online, especially those in the top ranks, are resorting to "come and get me" tactics. I like to play competitively too, but I can also see how gameplay such as this will end ruining this game and possibly hindering future fighting games to come. It's like the people who camp in Call of Duty; sure you can kill them and get around their tactics, but the overall experience is killed when you have to start dealing with it match after match after match.

That isn't a new, that happens in any fighting game with projectiles or some form of zoning. It was like that in MK9 depending on who you were or were fighting. Some people do it because it's harder for other to deal with, others do it because they genuinely enjoy it.

Really "Chase your opponent, or make them chase you" is the basis of all fighting games, especially 2D, you're either attacking or trying not to be attacked, it isn't going to be two people doing nothing but dashing forward and mashing out attacks.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
It's been talked about before, but I hope NRS will consider increasing walk speed across the board. I showed a friend injustice and he actually said "I feel like I'm walking in sand." Like the game seems to be resisting every step you take.
Things like pushblock, invincible backdashes, and spacing for interactables all seem to favor a footsie game. I don't understand this because the slow walk speeds make playing footsies rather difficult. It favors dashing or jumping for all movement options unless you're walking backwards. Fighting in mid range feels very turn based rather than flowing intuitively.
Dashing forward would still be very good for getting in on zoners, and backward for getting out of pressure. A better walkspeed only makes dashing better because you would be able to better space out your dashes and normals.

A good example is superman's f2,3 string. Imagine if you could actually walk in and out of his f2 range to bait a whiff. As it is right now, if you're in range of a f2, and superman throws it out, you will get hit by it.

It's been talked about before, but I hope NRS will consider increasing walk speed across the board. I showed a friend injustice and he actually said "I feel like I'm walking in sand." Like the game seems to be resisting every step you take.
Things like pushblock, invincible backdashes, and spacing for interactables all seem to favor a footsie game. I don't understand this because the slow walk speeds make playing footsies rather difficult. It favors dashing or jumping for all movement options unless you're walking backwards. Fighting in mid range feels very turn based rather than flowing intuitively.
Dashing forward would still be very good for getting in on zoners, and backward for getting out of pressure. A better walkspeed only makes dashing better because you would be able to better space out your dashes and normals.

A good example is superman's f2,3 string. Imagine if you could actually walk in and out of his f2 range to bait a whiff. As it is right now, if you're in range of a f2, and superman throws it out, you will get hit by it.
+1

I hate to be the guy who quotes a wall of text with little to add, but this really can't be said enough.
NRS gave us better anti airs to increase the importance of the ground game. Good. Now give us the walk speed to make that ground game more nuanced. Better walk speeds give us more precise control of our spacing, and make that ground game much more interesting.

colt

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Quoting is something you do if the post isn't the one directly above you, or you need to point out a specific part of a post.

And tagging colt won't change shit, you aren't the first or the last to suggest this to him or any member of NRS.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Really "Chase your opponent, or make them chase you" is the basis of all fighting games, especially 2D, you're either attacking or trying not to be attacked, it isn't going to be two people doing nothing but dashing forward and mashing out attacks.
Right and I'm not expecting it to be the latter. Maybe it is a combination of the walk speed and the screen zoom that makes chasing opponents so unbearable in this game. All the incarnations of SF and MK I never seemed to be as frustrated by it; since with a couple jumps or dashes you could get to your opponent.