What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Right and I'm not expecting it to be the latter. Maybe it is a combination of the walk speed and the screen zoom that makes chasing opponents so unbearable in this game. All the incarnations of SF and MK I never seemed to be as frustrated by it; since with a couple jumps or dashes you could get to your opponent.

If you know how to get around their zoning/keep-away, then yes, just like with injustice.

Your argument is boiling down to "it's hard, so I don't like it".

---

Don't be a dick. It's something I strongly agree with and I wanted to emphasize that.
Hey man, i'm just telling you the truth, I didn't make any personal attacks on you, and I didn't call you anything disrespectful. Is the word "shit" that powerful to you that the mere use of it as a shorter substitute for the word "anything" is offensive?

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Hey guys could yu guys help me out in really struggling playin this game online. I really can't get any offense going and on wakeup I eat a constant barrage of attacks. I'm clueless as what to do I, and didn't want to make a be thread.

And part 2 regarding constant barrage of stacks on wakeup

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Right and I'm not expecting it to be the latter. Maybe it is a combination of the walk speed and the screen zoom that makes chasing opponents so unbearable in this game. All the incarnations of SF and MK I never seemed to be as frustrated by it; since with a couple jumps or dashes you could get to your opponent.
its because a lot of the dashes have significant recovery, and the walk speed is slow, and anti-airs arent godlike so if someone jumps back its hard to just get up under them and hit them because of a combination of all these things

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
its because a lot of the dashes have significant recovery, and the walk speed is slow, and anti-airs arent godlike so if someone jumps back its hard to just get up under them and hit them because of a combination of all these things
The more I dwell on these two things the more I'm convinced a significant walk speed buff would change this game into something far more exciting as it would lead to faster and safer approaches on folks since you can still block from walk and stay safer than just yolo dashing. Some zoning tactics would become way riskier if this happened and it would help to alleviate the in and out runaway tedium of a lot of matches that bring down people's excitement for the game.
D2 buff was sadly lack luster. It was just sort of average, but it still needs buffs.

In MK9 I was a great Smoke user but in this game I am having trouble finding that character for me. I have used (In Order): Nightwing, Harley, Batgirl, Zod, Martian Manhunter and Doomsday.

I would say Doomsday is my best and I can combo a little with him. however I just seem to get beat by green lantern in close unless I got my trait.

I used to use Nightwing all the time when the game first released and had his Escrima, jump punch, escrima, wing dings combo down pat but his damage output just kills me. I decided to stop using him and now I am terrible with him again.

Harley is just so random, I input her trantum stance and a lot of times she will just roll out of it. I switched controllers and everything but I still cant seem to figure it out.

Manhunter I love due to his variety however my combos and BnB's are horrible with him.

Im not going to lie, I got very good in MK9 due to the fact that I had that MK9 game app that showed the combos with actual inputs. Instead of 1,2,3,4 it was X, Y, A, B. The numbers and abbreviations confuse the living hell out of me and I dont get the the input cancel strings.

Please go easy on me, MK9 was the first fighting game I have ever got into and I really would like to get to that skill level on injustice as well. I been reading these forums and been wanting to create a account but have been to intimidated to do so.

So any tips for a Injustice noob like me?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
In MK9 I was a great Smoke user but in this game I am having trouble finding that character for me. I have used (In Order): Nightwing, Harley, Batgirl, Zod, Martian Manhunter and Doomsday.

I would say Doomsday is my best and I can combo a little with him. however I just seem to get beat by green lantern in close unless I got my trait.

I used to use Nightwing all the time when the game first released and had his Escrima, jump punch, escrima, wing dings combo down pat but his damage output just kills me. I decided to stop using him and now I am terrible with him again.

Harley is just so random, I input her trantum stance and a lot of times she will just roll out of it. I switched controllers and everything but I still cant seem to figure it out.

Manhunter I love due to his variety however my combos and BnB's are horrible with him.

Im not going to lie, I got very good in MK9 due to the fact that I had that MK9 game app that showed the combos with actual inputs. Instead of 1,2,3,4 it was X, Y, A, B. The numbers and abbreviations confuse the living hell out of me and I dont get the the input cancel strings.

Please go easy on me, MK9 was the first fighting game I have ever got into and I really would like to get to that skill level on injustice as well. I been reading these forums and been wanting to create a account but have been to intimidated to do so.

So any tips for a Injustice noob like me?

With Nightwing you have to utilize his mix of lows and overheads and back dash of Batman's J2 and play a counter game. You can also trick and opponent by switching from escrima to staff and poke and pressure them into the corner. Make them respect your wingdings and ground spark, mix it up and don't spam. To win with NW takes a lot stragedy but it's always fun. NW is one of the funnest characters in the game, because his damage output isn't 40-50% like Batman, Aquaman, GL or Superman but when you win with you feel good.

Harley Quinn is a tricky character to control, I also roll out when I try to do her J2, B22 tantrum stance cartwheel B3 combo. It's really a quick delay after you press 1 following the DB3, once you go into cartwheel motion, you follow with the b3 or whatever combo you desire.

The tough thing is that all fighters in this game have a different rhythm. Superman's combos totally have a different rhythm than Nightwing's and Batman's is totally different from Flash. Once you figure the timing (practice practice practice), everything will be fun and games.

The important thing is to have fun, you can't win every match but as long as you put up a good fight and have an answer to everything your opponent does you can always feel good.

If theres something trapping you or you can't counter, ask to practice with someone and tell them to preform that same move you may fall for.

I was scrubbing Batgirl players until I finally met a Batgirl player who doesn't spam her teleport(very punishable). Batgirl has a good rushdown game and her lows are very deceiving. I need a lot of work so I won't get bodied again lol

With Nightwing you have to utilize his mix of lows and overheads and back dash of Batman's J2 and play a counter game. You can also trick and opponent by switching from escrima to staff and poke and pressure them into the corner. Make them respect your wingdings and ground spark, mix it up and don't spam. To win with NW takes a lot stragedy but it's always fun. NW is one of the funnest characters in the game, because his damage output isn't 40-50% like Batman, Aquaman, GL or Superman but when you win with you feel good.

Harley Quinn is a tricky character to control, I also roll out when I try to do her J2, B22 tantrum stance cartwheel B3 combo. It's really a quick delay after you press 1 following the DB3, once you go into cartwheel motion, you follow with the b3 or whatever combo you desire.

The tough thing is that all fighters in this game have a different rhythm. Superman's combos totally have a different rhythm than Nightwing's and Batman's is totally different from Flash. Once you figure the timing (practice practice practice), everything will be fun and games.

The important thing is to have fun, you can't win every match but as long as you put up a good fight and have an answer to everything your opponent does you can always feel good.

If theres something trapping you or you can't counter, ask to practice with someone and tell them to preform that same move you may fall for.

I was scrubbing Batgirl players until I finally met a Batgirl player who doesn't spam her teleport(very punishable). Batgirl has a good rushdown game and her lows are very deceiving. I need a lot of work so I won't get bodied again lol

Green Lanterns ring grab gets me a lot. I cant seem to get in enough to punish my friend spamming it. He turtles back and when I whif he grabs me then I have to wait 6 hours for the combo to get done.

The other one is Aquaman and Deathstroke. Aquaman has that homing ground attack and his trident throw and reach on his attacks prevent me from closing in. Then his other character Deathstroke gets me with low and high guns and his sword spin when I try to get in on him. Much easier to close in on Range attacks, Spammers, zoners (Whatever they are called) with a block button. *Sigh* :(

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Green Lanterns ring grab gets me a lot. I cant seem to get in enough to punish my friend spamming it. He turtles back and when I whif he grabs me then I have to wait 6 hours for the combo to get done.

The other one is Aquaman and Deathstroke. Aquaman has that homing ground attack and his trident throw and reach on his attacks prevent me from closing in. Then his other character Deathstroke gets me with low and high guns and his sword spin when I try to get in on him. Much easier to close in on Range attacks, Spammers, zoners (Whatever they are called) with a block button. *Sigh* :(

You may want to invite yourself to a new mentality.

Look forward to Green Lanterns ring grab and Deathstrok's sword flip.

These are GREAT opportunities for you to punish these attacks into a combo. If you want, I'll play as GL and DS against you and I'll let you practice your reaction off of these moves.

Once you master that, any opponent you play will respect your counter ability and you will take these moves out of their game because they know they'll get punished for it.

Aquaman is a little harder since he's so balanced, GL and DS are balanced too and a really good GL or DS player will not rely on Ring Grab and Sword Flip to punish you...so these match ups always take a lot of practice because they're all very good characters.

Sometimes I play as Deathstroke so when I go up against him and I know what to expect. Lows/Mid/Overhead mixups combos, his frame traps and range.

I use to get bodied against Deathstroke when I first played the game, but once you get the blocking and getting inside to a range where he's uncomfortable you begin to do the bodying.

Supes Loves Wondy

Superman, Man of Steel, Husband of Wonder Woman <3
Is there a way to see how many online wins I have with specific characters? I want to know how many wins I am away from 100 with Wondy and Supes.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Does anybody else have trouble finding player matches? Not actually finding them, but finding people who accept. Everyone declines me, it is so annoying. I suspect it's because people prey on others with terrible records so they can get free wins for their own record, but c'mon, this stuff doesn't matter! So if any of you do this, please stop. Your record doesn't mean anything. I just wanna play some Injustice and level up.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
I find Catwoman's blatant use of the word "Bitch" insulting and infuriating.
She is not the cat's pajamas...

Joker's Shoes

Now Simply Extraordinaire
It seems part of my hero card has been reset. Longest combo and fastest win has been wiped out but the rest remains. Haven't been online in over a week if that matters. Anyone got any idea as to why?

Another question, unrelated. This may be a silly question but are the default controls the same as the controls found on cabinets?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Likely a compatibility pack for Zatanna and Supes new costume. I think they are still waiting before a new actual balance patch is put out.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
My question is what the hell is NRS putting in these patches to make them so damn big. Zod Patch was only like 650 MB and it had a few costume packs to go with it. MMH and Zatanna's patches are over 800 MB and there were no costume packs released, just the character and the compatibility skin. There is obviously more stuff IN THOSE patches other than the character and compatibility skin, but the people who could actually mine the data or whatever haven't said a damn thing.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
My question is what the hell is NRS putting in these patches to make them so damn big. Zod Patch was only like 650 MB and it had a few costume packs to go with it. MMH and Zatanna's patches are over 800 MB and there were no costume packs released, just the character and the compatibility skin. There is obviously more stuff IN THOSE patches other than the character and compatibility skin, but the people who could actually mine the data or whatever haven't said a damn thing.

Zod man of steel skin is in.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Zod man of steel skin is in.

It looks unfinished, otherwise Xbox players would be already showing off that skin in matches and those matches would be on Youtube. MOS Superman was in the Zod Patch wasn't it? And the Zod Patch was still only around 650MB, there has to be much, much, MUCH more stuff hidden in the MMH and Zatanna patch.

I'm unsure what exactly is causing this nonsense, but every time this game has had a patch, be it for new character, balance, etc, the game crashes numerous times with no end in sight. Generally the solution to this has been to delete the most recent patch, clear your system cache, and try again (Which is already unacceptable for the amount of times it has been necessary, and the lack of a statement from Netherealm on the issue.) With the Zatanna patch, there is no such solution, and I absolutely cannot play my game.

I have an older model 360, so I'm already more than often struggling to simply get my console to connect to the internet, despite having Fios. When I finally get a connection despite poor console optimization, I have to just hope my game doesn't immediately crash on the menu screen every time a new patch hits. Is this just an issue with older model 360's? You couldn't begin to fathom how ludicrous it is the amount of times I've had to restart my console just to get a chance at spending money on a new character, only to again crash and restart the process.

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one out there this has has been happening to. This reoccurring experience makes me dread every patch day and is completely unforgivable from the devs at this point in my opinion.