What's new

Injustice: GAU Balance Suggestions

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yes. Your reasoning is absolutely terrible.
Which part of "From about half a screen, Flash has the ability to connect an MB torpedo (30% of damage) that can lead to a knock down set up that can lead to a trait combo (50%+ of damage)" is terrible?

I would also like to know, do you believe that pre-patch Black Adam and Deathstroke should have remained the way they were?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I would be extremely happy with this change. Bane goes to town on me with my wake ups. And the Martian changes are amazing. And the zod changes would be much more balanced. I think mb catdash should be more punishable though it's like -14? But I swear it's hard to punish

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
2.5 seconds? Isn't that faster than what it is? That would be broken. I'd like to know who your gonna main for mkx. Since you like those zoning characters. Even though the haven't revealed one yet

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Yes. Your reasoning is absolutely terrible.

All terrible suggestions. Flash is fine as he is. The only thing I would change is certain strings like B22F3 whiffing on some opponents. And this is an issue that various characters have with their own strings. Those should have all been adjusted.
I at least would hope you would see your character needs to be toned down. How disappointing.

Reactions: JDM

M2Dave

Zoning Master
2.5 seconds? Isn't that faster than what it is? That would be broken. I'd like to know who your gonna main for mkx. Since you like those zoning characters. Even though the haven't revealed one yet
Full charge time is currently 1.66.

For now, Kano and Quan Chi appear the most interesting to me.

I at least would hope you would see your character needs to be toned down. How disappointing.
Notice how only pure 50/50 mix up players (or should I say "set play" players to make them feel better?) are crying. Nobody else has any problems with my suggestions and recognizes their characters strengths / weaknesses.

Reactions: JDM

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Batman with trait +down should have a KL like spin hitbox and juggles on hit.

Give batman a KL like spin wake up attack.

Make batmans pokes to reach longer.

And give him an overhead starter.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Which part of "From about half a screen, Flash has the ability to connect an MB torpedo (30% of damage) that can lead to a knock down set up that can lead to a trait combo (50%+ of damage)" is terrible?

I would also like to know, do you believe that pre-patch Black Adam and Deathstroke should have remained the way they were?
Sure I can land a MB LC from half screen but that's being used to punish something like Aquaman's FTD, Raven's soul crush, any other things that come to mind. It's not like I can just throw it out there whenever I feel like it because if the opponent is ducking, I waste a meter and get full combo punished. That's fair.

Your initial post saying his combo's should be "40-45%" with trait is absolutely retarded by the way. Flash has the longest trait cool down of anyone in the game and it grants me about an extra 20% damage on my BnBs which I can most likely only use once in a round. Why should I wait 18 seconds for my trait to come back just so I get an extra 7% on my combos? That's ridiculous. My normal BnBs without trait only get me about 33% which is quite a bit less than other characters like WoWo, BG, AM, MMH, etc. Not to mention the fact that Flash is on the bottom tier of interactable usage. There are very few interactables that I can use to get free OTG damage at the end of a combo whereas any power character (MMH and Zod especially) get free OTG interactables which are an extra 20% damage to a combo that's already at 40%.

If you look at other characters traits and compare the damage that they save or deal, Flash's extra 20% to his combos isn't that bad.

- AMs trait saves him from FULL combos and sometimes lets him punish you for something that should be unpunishable
- Zod gets free interactable damage and/or free chip damage that is well over 20%
- Sinestro gets to make everything he does safe and makes you scared to press a button
- Batman gets a free method to approach you, mixups, combo extentions
- MMH gets footsies that are basically broke which lets him get full combos on you that he otherwise couldn't do
- Bane gets armor for free and a damage boost which lets him get much more than 20% damage
etc etc.

The common thing between all these characters and more is that they don't have to wait 18 seconds to get their trait back (and that doesn't include it getting reset by a transition/clash/super). People that bitch and complain about the Flash are fucking nuts. He's a very good character (Top 5 imo) but he isn't broke. He has weaknesses but many people don't take the time to figure them out. Anyone that just decides to pick him up and expect to do well without any effort will never stand a chance in a tournament setting. Their's a reason I'm the only player placing with him.

And I can't really answer your question about pre-patch BA and DS because I never really played them before 1.06.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Deathstroke

IMO is a mid tier character. These suggested changes are minimal, but would probably make him top 5.

Give back his original pre-patch sword spin vortex.

Give his MB b+3 two hits of armor. Or add a hit of armor to his trait.

They can keep low gun shots the way they are.

Sami

Noob
Do you even know what would have happened if that was the case?

1. She would get a VORTEX. B1 is 16 frames, B2...16 frames. Pure guessing game. Freddy 2.0 shit here.

2. She would outclass Killer Frost in a heart beat.

3. She's just about fine as is anyway. She doesn't need to be more "broken" than she already is.
1) Where's the vortex? It's a 50/50 yes but it doesn't create a loop that can only be broken by guessing correctly which is what a vortex is.

2) Again, it's not a vortex. Also, plenty of things outclass KF these days :p

3) Raven has 3 issues in the game. I won't argue about tier list placement or her strengths, just gonna list the issues:

a) difficulty opening up defensive players.
b) difficulty getting out of any knockdown setups.
c) difficulty dealing with advancing armoured moves.

An overhead b2 would help with the first one but does nothing for her nightmare match-ups against Bane/Doomsday/Grundy who exploit b and c the most.

If Raven were to get a 50/50 (she won't because the game is done but whatever) then both options don't need to lead to a full combo. b123 can still be the full combo option (b12~lift MB combo), while b2 removes the special cancel and can only do the string b23. Rather than being a blind guess there's actually some mindgames happening as to whether the Raven player will be trying to create space or go for damage. Saying that, if I were still playing I'd much rather have tools to get off the ground and deal with armour.

Oh and trait needs a start-up reduction so she can b3 - trait - continue combo with ease. She totally needs it.

Totally.

1) Where's the vortex? It's a 50/50 yes but it doesn't create a loop that can only be broken by guessing correctly which is what a vortex is.

2) Again, it's not a vortex. Also, plenty of things outclass KF these days :p

3) Raven has 3 issues in the game. I won't argue about tier list placement or her strengths, just gonna list the issues:

a) difficulty opening up defensive players.
b) difficulty getting out of any knockdown setups.
c) difficulty dealing with advancing armoured moves.

An overhead b2 would help with the first one but does nothing for her nightmare match-ups against Bane/Doomsday/Grundy who exploit b and c the most.

If Raven were to get a 50/50 (she won't because the game is done but whatever) then both options don't need to lead to a full combo. b123 can still be the full combo option (b12~lift MB combo), while b2 removes the special cancel and can only do the string b23. Rather than being a blind guess there's actually some mindgames happening as to whether the Raven player will be trying to create space or go for damage. Saying that, if I were still playing I'd much rather have tools to get off the ground and deal with armour.

Oh and trait needs a start-up reduction so she can b3 - trait - continue combo with ease. She totally needs it.

Totally.
all she mIGHT Need is one better wakeup option. even though DS teleport is ok but you dont have that when you are corner locked against bane/doomsday etc.

anyway raven is already a really strong character and doesnt need to be touched

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Realistically the only thing I think Lobo actually needs to help him out in his tough matchups without making his winning matchups that much better is a better backdash. He has trouble dealing with pressure with his floatly jump, slow walkspeed, and horrendous backdash.

...Also anyone who thinks Raven's B2 should be an overhead is an insane person...

Edit: Question for @General M2Dave : I know how badly you want Manhunters teleport to cost a bar of meter...but are you sure that would even really do anything significant given how insane Manhunter's meter game is? He'd still pretty much always have access to it....

Aquaman:
-reduce chip and hit damage from 15/30% to 12/24% and reduce meter build on chip by 2/3rds, or more. Let him do 6 trident rushes in a row for 72% chip as opposed to 12 for 180%.
-Trait recharge timer is eliminated, and he now has a hard coded limit on the number of uses. Lets say...4. 4 times, at any point in each life bar, where he can activate trait to stop a combo. After that....he's on his own. Trait duration also immediately ends the second a combo is interrupted (IE, no more waiting for trait to run out before you can start opening him up again. Also, you're damn right I'm biased, which is why in a Frozen state trait is nullified :p .
-D2 startupframes increased to 12 from 7.
-Something needs to be done about FTD for Zatanna's sake but I'm not sure what.....

Martian Manhunter:
-remove invincibility frames on telekenetic push or adjust the hitbox to allow a crossup option on wakeup for more characters.
-All orbs on screen dissapear when manhunter is hit
-remove splash hitbox on overhead teleport.
-Traitcooldown increased. Either reduce damage buff or increase damage taken while trait is active.

Green Arrow:
Electric arrow damage increased to 8% with 2% chip
Fire Arrow arrow chip damage now 2%
6 frame D1 maybe?
From Slips:
Low shot speed increased to make f2,d2,3 string unfuzzyable
When holding arrow, forward dash to have same recovery as his normal dash
223 string to do more damage (bnb's do 30%)
Overhead arrow to come down at a sharper angle to mixup with low arrow better on pixie characters
Arrow trait recovery increased to match Lobo's trait recovery

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Sure I can land a MB LC from half screen but that's being used to punish something like Aquaman's FTD, Raven's soul crush, any other things that come to mind.
...pretty much anything else that comes to mind. Deathstroke's high and low gunshots, Green Lantern's bullet (when crouched), Martian Manhunter's alien pillar, Sinestro's fear blast, Zod's side arm (when crouched), etc.

MB torpedo controls vertical mobility by punishing back dashes. It also forces opponents to crouch occasionally because no opponents want to be at a disadvantage with Flash in their face. This "occasional crouch" allows you to close the gap with one of the best forward dashes in the game.

By your own admission, MB torpedo creates 7:3 match ups against large characters like Bane, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor because they cannot duck the second hit.

No offense, but I am not sure whether you are stupid to realize that the only reason Flash is top 5 and a character like Wonder Woman is not is because of MB torpedo. It is one of the best special moves in the game. And no you cannot have it and 60% combos. One or the other has to go.

Deathstroke

IMO is a mid tier character. These suggested changes are minimal, but would probably make him top 5.

Give back his original pre-patch sword spin vortex.
Come on, fool!

More vortex? Use the other 15+ characters who already have it.

Buffed low gunshots all the way.

Harley:
+ F+2 startup decreased from 27 frames to 20 frames
+ MB version of Silly Slide that grants two hits of armor
+ Better priority on D+2 hitbox

There might be more, but I feel these, especially the mb version of silly slide, would be fair buffs to Harley.
Remove the Dud
Controllable Trait