What's new

Injustice character design grades (balance and creativity)

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Flash gets a B, I feel like barry when am playing him.
so fast, breaking armor all day.
Needs to be a power character when on trait to get an A.

I really like DD design, mindless beast, not much thinking needed.
never lets you breath.
as m2dave would is very hard to distinguish high level DD from scrubs lol

I like Doomsday's design. He's big and scary fast and ruthless, I thought that was pretty well covered in his game play. It can't be a good adaptation of DD if he's just really easy to keep out and keep off of you, when he's wrecking shop in the comics or other DC media he doesn't give you a chance to catch your breath

He should be that way, but it is so incredibly braindead, mainly because that corner wakeup reversal shit that, that i can't give it a good grade in my meanlingless opinion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Tier lists is one thing, character design another.

Venom was meant as a check for Bane. You do HELLA more damage prepatch ( I remember lvl 3 venom doing basic meterless bnbs at 52-56% ), your command grabs are on Zangief lvl of damage and exact same oki setups. Then because he wasn't as good he got nerfed damage and buffed everything else, the grab remained though.

Man... :( I miss back when he could OTG with b.2 and got 60% damage boost

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I got tired by time joker came up, your probably right he is so unviable and the only the that makes him viable is stupid filthly ugly resets
Joker is 100% viable. His design is stupid though.

He was meant as a character with bad mobility in a game where anti airs don't exist so he can jump around and dominate in air footsies. Then you had characters that severely countered and destroyed him, the game was patched with anti airs which ruined his gameplan, in vanilla he couldn't combo half the cast, 11 was a high, 21 whiffed and 32 didn't cancel into low rlg.

Also, good job on giving him a 2f high parry for 11%, a low 2-3f parry for 2% damage and not even make it a reversal. He has no true trait. He should've been able to trade half a bar for one ha.

mfkaoz

Banned
I wouldn't say Aquaman's trait is the laziest idea, I feel like Shazam's is lazier.
It's literally just a damage boost on punches. Shazam had so much potential as a character but I guess NRS didn't want him to outshine Superman or something and just made him a shitter.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Note on Aquaman: He does not have hydrokinesis and it's the trident that allows him that ability (along with storms/lightning), he couldn't even summon fish without the trident as there's no way he could get the water. You can say it "doesn't need to be realistic" but I'm sure WB/DC cares about accurate depictions of their characters and not Aquaman sending Sharks flying from off screen or something cuz that's what people think he does.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
this thread is an awesome idea just a fe things that stuck out to me

Flash should be a B i mean he has the best dashes in the game and he has lightning charge and speeed dodge, from a design standpoint how is he not the fastest? he should have had the 2 frame fullscreen super tho and lol of course his footsies are bad how would they be good?

Martian Manhunter should be an A+ from a design standpoint he's perfect they got all his powers down and represented him accurately he's just broken as fuck

Superman should be B+ or A, prepatch Supes is accurate af OP and does the same 2 punches over and over is how he actually fights

Aquaman is at least a B, he DOES summon a Shark have you not seen his super?

trufenix

bye felicia
Injustice should definitely be more like those shitty accurate anime games where all the characters play identical but they really nailed all the powers and traits.

Keep these threads comin'

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
If we're talking pure designs of characters...
Looks, animations, voice work, etc. Then everyone is easily an A.
NRS captured the characters greatly. If you don't like the effectiveness of their strings or reasoning to frame data on their move-sets, well that's different.

Harley Quinn: I am getting tired of this she is fine (B), probably needs different normals though, cute zoning tools, meh on the trait
...and yeah. Soon as you get to Harley.

:DOGE

Im out this thread.
:p

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I think Harley's trait randomness completely fits the character. She's nuts and you expect her to be so random. So IMO you were wrong on the "meh on trait".

You were correct about Nightwing. Switching between Escrima and Staff and his special moves are SUPER swag, but, as you said, he's an acrobat that can't jump in this game...

this thread is an awesome idea just a fe things that stuck out to me

Flash should be a B i mean he has the best dashes in the game and he has lightning charge and speeed dodge, from a design standpoint how is he not the fastest? he should have had the 2 frame fullscreen super tho and lol of course his footsies are bad how would they be good?

Martian Manhunter should be an A+ from a design standpoint he's perfect they got all his powers down and represented him accurately he's just broken as fuck

Superman should be B+ or A, prepatch Supes is accurate af OP and does the same 2 punches over and over is how he actually fights

Aquaman is at least a B, he DOES summon a Shark have you not seen his super?

fighting games are supposed ot balanced, not imbalanced, doesn't matter the real abilities, im talking about movesets a super is a super, its a visual thing.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
It's wouldn't even take much for Arrow to be good:
  • Buff Electric Arrows so they have more Hitstun, Blockstun, and cause more float on airborne opponents. There we go, he'll now have more combo options, frame traps, and it'll be easier to continue the combo after Queen's Gambit into Electric Arrow.
  • Savage Blast: Slightly Faster start-up, larger hitbox so you can combo into SB and MB SB from b2, and F2D1. To prevent a block infinite, if savage blast is blocked just slightly increase the distance both characters are pushed on block.
  • Flame Arrow: Cause Hard Knockdown
I sure he might need other stuff, but this is what I think he needs right now.

Note on Aquaman: He does not have hydrokinesis and it's the trident that allows him that ability (along with storms/lightning), he couldn't even summon fish without the trident as there's no way he could get the water. You can say it "doesn't need to be realistic" but I'm sure WB/DC cares about accurate depictions of their characters and not Aquaman sending Sharks flying from off screen or something cuz that's what people think he does.
so in the comics he can stab the ground and have tridents pop out of the ground? how does he make a water shield without hydrokinesis?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
fighting games are supposed ot balanced, not imbalanced, doesn't matter the real abilities, im talking about movesets a super is a super, its a visual thing.
ahh okay well yeah martian isnt balanced so i see why he's a B lol but Aquaman summoning sea creatures as a move in game isnt realistic at all that wouldnt work from a gameplay standpoint so thats nothing to dock about its like when people ask to put beast boy in this game that couldnt/wouldnt realistically happen