What's new

Il be the first to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ban him....JUST NERF HIM TO THE FUCKING GROUND

Scorpion has one of the most broken specials in recent fighting game memory. It literally breaks the blocking system.

But then scrubby kids won't be able to pay to win. How else is NRS going to make money?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
It's things like Scorpion that make me worry about NRS' future and ability to make a fighting game in general. Injustice has a lot of downright stupid shit in it, sometimes I just think "No one thought to stop for a second and say 'this is a stupid idea'".

They can make a unique and interesting game, but when they seemingly don't understand what they're doing with characters like Scorpion or Kenshi or Kabal, it really makes me wonder whether they will ever be able to put together a good game that doesn't have moronic stuff in it.
I've said this a million times as well. NRS makes really fun games, but not necessarily good competitive games.

They make tons of questionable design decisions and patch way too quickly. I could write about 10 pages on the subject but I'll leave it at that one sentence. NRS just really doesn't understand how to balance their games, it seems.

I've said this a million times as well. NRS makes really fun games, but not necessarily good competitive games.

They make tons of questionable design decisions and patch way too quickly. I could write about 10 pages on the subject but I'll leave it at that one sentence. NRS just really doesn't understand how to balance their games, it seems.

Playing against 12 year old scrubby scorpion players online with lag is fun to you? Especially when you lose? This game is totally tournament worthy if NRS would just get their shit together for an hour and think about what they're doing.

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
That's another reason tym has gone down the fucking shitter recently. You can't even play a couple meaningless games on stream at 3 in the morning without being critized by someone random jerk off.

Why the fuck do you care? So some kid immature kid said you weren't good on the internet. Who gives a shit?

Goddamn i agree tym has become shyte but you can't take into account the comments of dumb stream monsters or even people here.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Give me a perfectly good reason why it's not logical to just let him rock until you know for sure? Because quite frankly, that means we should've done so when Kabal and Sonya were rocking block infinites.
Most of the MK competitive tourny active players have learned from MK9, and know that NRS will not really do anything about anything in the end, so why not be pro active if we have learned something?

It doesn't take a genius to see where this game is heading competitively.

Either way, we are going to see come CEO and Evo,

And honestly, who the hell wants to play scorpion just to flood a tourny with top 8 scorps, people wanna play who they wanna play when they travel to tournys, shit like making a point on dumb stuff like that could be done at big locals like the east and west coast Wednesday night fights. Kinda like how Black Adam wins those every week,

And either way, like the point was made before, CDjr took a 2 week Kabal to 2nd at EVO and nothing was done about the character, I don't honestly see anything happening with this, it's good that the attention is brought to it early in the games life before the damage is done.

We shall see I guess.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Playing against 12 year old scrubby scorpion players online with lag is fun to you? Especially when you lose? This game is totally tournament worthy if NRS would just get their shit together for an hour and think about what they're doing.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but you should reread my post. I'm saying that NRS doesn't understand how to balance their games. MK9 has a very small viable roster at high level; all patching was done insanely early in the life is the game before the game had time to develop, and then they stopped supporting it. I'd like to see Injustice not follow that example.

Look at SF4. Capcom has taken their time between each iteration and really let players work with the tweaks in each version. The current game has a giant portion of the cast viable at high level. Imagine how varied and fun MK9 would still be right now if the entire awesome, fun cast in that game was viable at high level.

Hey, I'm relatively new here, so don't blow me up on that, I know,
BUT
Could a possible 'nerf' to scorpion be to make his teleport punch only a teleport when his trait is activated? This would fit in the game pretty well, since a lot of characters have something that kinda 'breaks the game' as a trait. You could then tweak it to balance it better based on start up and cool down times. The non-trait version could just be a forward advancing punch, that behaves the same on hit and block, so combos would still be viable.
If this is stupid or unreasonable, please let me know why. I think it is a decent start to a discussion of how to make him fit in the game.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Sorry to budge in people but why is someone like Axel_Redd even posting in this thread? Like he knows anything about this game. Basically a scrub player defending a scrub character makes sense.
because im not a scrub? well not in mk anyway, and i know enough about how injustice works

Espio

Kokomo
That's enough guys, we're not gonna stop people from speaking because you think they're scrubs and think they're not entitled to an opinion.

And you're drifting way off topic, this has nothing to do with Axel.

So let me get this straight. The same community that lets Kabal (who is agreed to lose NO matchups and may be favorable in every matchup) and Kenshi (loses one matchup and flat out bodies most of the cast with his specials alone) to be usable in tournaments, but not Scorpion (a character who doesn't win every matchup and has been out for only ONE MONTH). Man this community is strange.

I love how people are always shocked when NRS does shit like this..
if you need to patch your game 5+ times within the first 2 months of the game and still have more patches coming then its pretty fuckin obvious that you dont know how to make games lol.

Its very sad tbh coz MK9 and Injustice are both alot of fun and can be sooooo much more if NRS knew wtf theyre doing..

Honestly if they just fix Scorps' stupid j3 and completely re-vamp his teleport he'll be alot more bearable, a hitting cross up teleport in a back-to-block game is just.. no.
Can you think of any other character that has a hitting crossup teleport in a back-to-block game? Strider is the only i can think of with a hitting teleport and even then his is slow as shit, unsafe and doesnt crossup.. not even capcom's marvel did dumb shit like this..
Teleport + assist is ALOT harder to deal with in Marvel js

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Teleport + assist is ALOT harder to deal with in Marvel js
I dont really agree with that, teleport+ assist is left/right mixup and you kinda need to set it up alot of the time and you cant just go for it if theyre pressuring you. You also have options on your side (chicken block, your assist, armor, sj, super, throw/airthrow if they mistime it etc). Its still stupid and some characters (vergil) can get really stupid with it. Not to mention that whole appeal of that game is that its retarded.

Scorpion's is a 3 way mixup thats done by simply jumping. For j3 you'll block crossup standing (sometimes front), for j1 you'll block front standing, for teleport you need to crouch, he can also throw in the teleport after one of the normals, and if you do guess right and block an MB teleport you're in that same situation again.. fun fun.
Its just so lame and mindless as he can keep jumping nonstop with no worries whatsoever.
Some character can deal with the bs but theyre like what? 5-10% of the cast? =__=

I dont really agree with that, teleport+ assist is left/right mixup and you kinda need to set it up alot of the time and you cant just go for it if theyre pressuring you. You also have options on your side (chicken block, your assist, armor, sj, super, throw/airthrow if they mistime it etc). Its still stupid and some characters (vergil) can get really stupid with it. Not to mention that whole appeal of that game is that its retarded.

Scorpion's is a 3 way mixup thats done by simply jumping. For j3 you'll block crossup standing (sometimes front), for j1 you'll block front standing, for teleport you need to crouch, he can also throw in the teleport after one of the normals, and if you do guess right and block an MB teleport you're in that same situation again.. fun fun.
Its just so lame and mindless as he can keep jumping nonstop with no worries whatsoever.
Some character can deal with the bs but theyre like what? 5-10% of the cast? =__=
I swear, I'm going to go to the lab hardcore tomorrow and find an answer to his j3 (unlike most of you who sit and complain)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I swear, I'm going to go to the lab hardcore tomorrow and find an answer to his j3 (unlike most of you who sit and complain)
Lol good luck with that mang, with Hawkgirl an early d2 can beat it. But with that I'm basically committing and I'll eat a combo if he teleports, plus if I do it a tad late the j3 will beat it or we trade.
I can also jump back then mace charge, but it also has to be done early.

Lol good luck with that mang, with Hawkgirl an early d2 can beat it. But with that I'm basically committing and I'll eat a combo if he teleports, plus if I do it a tad late the j3 will beat it or we trade.
I can also jump back then mace charge, but it also has to be done early.
Idk for sure but I'm willing to bet that Grundy's aa throw beats it clean with its fast startup. I feel like Scorpion has losing matchups in this game so idk what this thread is about. Broken characters lose NO matchups.

If players like S THTB, M REO, A Brady, R UFG, G Pig and myself are all consistent on the idea that Scorpion is fucked up, I'd think its fair to say he's fucked up. It's not like we're the players that don't look for answers. ASM
But you guys are the same players that rank characters higher on the tier list than Scorpion is, so why aren't they banned from tournament play too????

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Coz they dont break the game's mechanics.
Against Aquaman, KF, Supes etc you're still playing injustice. Against Scorpion you're playing "hold down and hope the Scorpion fucks up".

Coz they dont break the game's mechanics.
Against Aquaman, KF, Supes etc you're still playing injustice. Against Scorpion you're playing "hold down and hope the Scorpion fucks up".
So we should ban a character for TWO moves and not because he wins matchups? (even though it's only been a month est)

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
So we should ban a character for TWO moves and not because he wins matchups? (even though it's only been a month est)

Isn't that more of a reason to ban him? His match ups will eventually change but his tools will not. Aka dumb crouch match

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
And either way, like the point was made before, CDjr took a 2 week Kabal to 2nd at EVO and nothing was done about the character.
To be fair, he started using his Kabal on VSM streams around May. So it took about 2-3 months to prove that. If Scorpion isn't proven broken at CEO, then we'll have to wait until the next tournament that a top level Scorpion enters

Status
Not open for further replies.