What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I am betting that the mystery character skin will be MoS Zod, although i doubt they ll give it up for free.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
People saying BA is finished need to rethink that statement. He now requires an actual brain to use him. DD buff was ok, Lobo will rise in the tier lists for sure now. His damage alone will be something to fear. I am more interested in Zod's fixes cause i really wanna learn him. Batman is fine, stop crying. Fuck Superman. Shazam and Grundy are fine as well. Joker seems to be good too. CW and Bane buffs were ok i guess, but the most important thing.

WHY IN THE BLUE HELL DID THEY NOT NERF WW FFS?!

EDIT: Where is Raven :eek:?

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Who are you going to pick now for easy wins? B-)
I never had easy wins in this game. I was always one of the worst players online. Batman already had some issues regarding losing his trait. (it dissapearing after a pushblock..... What the fuck?) His best string is more unsafe now, but whatever I will still play the character.

Superman still has his 22 godlike mixup so he's fine, he is still a problem up close.

The flashes nerf doesn't make sense to me, his d2 was able to pressure you, characters that need to get in but have frame disadvantage suck in this game.

Scorpion didnt receive any damage buffs.

Batgirl and Killer Frost are now even bigger problems.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Batman already had some issues regarding losing his trait. (it dissapearing after a pushblock..... What the fuck?) His best string is more unsafe now, but whatever I will still play the character.

Superman still has his 22 godlike mixup so he's fine, he is still a problem up close.
Batman's trait was amazing so it had to have some downfalls. He could activate one Bat, which kept things safe, while another one is activating again. It's ridiculous.

Whozajiggawha? Godlike mixups from 22? 22 whiffs on some ducking opponents so you can't even scoop, the 3 in 223 is slow as molasses and can be blocked on reaction and scoop is really punishable. 22 3/scoop is not a Godlike mixup in any way, shape or form.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Batman's trait was amazing so it had to have some downfalls. He could activate one Bat, which kept things safe, while another one is activating again. It's ridiculous.

Whozajiggawha? Godlike mixups from 22? 22 whiffs on some ducking opponents so you can't even scoop, the 3 in 223 is slow as molasses and can be blocked on reaction and scoop is really punishable. 22 3/scoop is not a Godlike mixup in any way, shape or form.
I'd rather have 223 over strings that: Are easy to blocking, leaving you at frame disadvantage, unless you have a bat out bit since you lose it so easily it's a risk to have it out. Can be interrupted by mashing down 1. Then to top it all off his overhead option doesn't cause a ground bounce for big damage.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'd rather have 223 over strings that: Are easy to blocking, leaving you at frame disadvantage, unless you have a bat out bit since you lose it so easily it's a risk to have it out. Can be interrupted by mashing down 1. Then to top it all off his overhead option doesn't cause a ground bounce for big damage.

His strings may be easy to block, as is 223, but it's coupled with an outstanding J2 and, again, Bats that can give him all sorts of advantages. It's about trait management with Batman, if you're just activating Bats for no reason or doing random strings without think about Bats then that's on you. Even if his overhead can't be used for big combos he still has ways of opening people up to very good damage. To complain that Bats go away with push block is weird considering ALL the advantages he gets, to complain that his strings don't give him safe pressure when his Bats do is preposterous. Be smart while playing with Batman and you'll force people to respect your pressure instead of them trying to mash out with D1.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's weird that the MK community has completely forgotten not everything can be fixed via patch. It's also impossible to make a game without bad matchups.

I want a forum rule that everybody who says "my character is now x-tier" should be forced to list all the characters they consider equal and above them for validation or have their post deleted. All this meta talk based on online play is fucking ridiculous.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
tell us, how would you nerf aquaman ?
Um, there's lot's of ways. Make his MB trident rush 10% chip damage instead of 18% chip damage. Make it less safe on block

Make his From the Deep more punishable so more characters can punish it from a distance

Make his trait cooldown the same as Flash's. I think it's so retarded that Aquaman is breaking out combos every 10 seconds

He's the #1 character in the game right now in my opinion. Not that far ahead of the rest of the top 5. But in this patch, they are nerfing all the rest of the top 5 and barely nerfing Aquaman at all, so he is going to be far ahead of everyone else after this patch. I think Aquaman is going to be in S tier by himself after the patch, he will 0 losing matchups and MAYBE three or four 5-5 matchups

Mystery character skin? Something tells me that it's gonna be Deathstroke Arkham Origins Skin. There is a new Batman Arkham Origins game trailer showing Injustice Deathstroke Skin beeing implemented in the game :)

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
General Changes/Fixes

DLC Characters now in Archives – DLC Characters are now available in the Character Viewer located in the Archives.

Directional Hard Attacks
· Applying a Meter Burn to Directional Hard (Back + Hard or Forward + Hard) Attacks now inflicts 50% more damage.
· You now take 50% less damage when hit during the armored portion of a Meter Burned directional Hard Attack.

Meter Burning Interactive Objects – It now costs 2 bars of Meter to apply Meter Burn properties to Interactive Objects.

Input Buffering in Advanced Controls - After Blocking in Advanced Controls, you can now buffer special moves without resetting to a neutral position on the controller.

Aquaman
· The cool down on the Water of Life (character power) has increased to 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds).

Ares
· Improved the hit box on the Divine Order (Medium, Medium) combo.
· It is no longer possible to interrupt his Annihilator super move after is has connected.
· You can now Meter Burn the Warp Transmission special move to improve the recovery time.
· By holding towards during the Front Warp Transmission, you will now teleport further away from your opponent.
· By holding away during the Behind Warp Transmission, you will now teleport away from your current position.

Bane
· Bane now takes 95%, 85%, 70% damage while in Venom Boost (character power) levels 1, 2, 3 respectively.
· Bane can now apply a Meter Burn to the Venom Uppercut when it misses the opponent or is blocked.
· During the Meter Burn Venom Uppercut, Bane no longer has extended armor after the move is complete.
· Improved hitbox on Infinite Crisis combo (Forward Medium, Down Hard) and it is now -8 on block (up from -32).

Batgirl
· The size of her hurt box was slightly increased, meaning she will be vulnerable to a wider array of attacks.
· The ducking Light attack can now be parried correctly.

Batman
· Mechanical Bats (Character Power) regeneration has been increased to 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
· Increased recovery time for the Stay Down combo (Back + Medium, Hard) when it is blocked or misses.
· Straight Grapple can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.

Black Adam
· Reduced duration of Orbs of Seth (Character Power) to 4.5 seconds and increased the cool down to 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds)
· Boot Stomp now has a block advantage of -21 (down from -15)
· Lightning Strike now only hits grounded opponents when performed outside of a combo.
· The Meter Burn version of the Lightning Strike is now -1 (down from +8)
· The Meter Burn version of Black Magic no longer conflicts with hard attack bounce/juggle limiting.
· Reduced the distance Black Adam covers when back-dashing
· Increased the duration of the back dash to 31 frames (up from 26)
· Increased the duration of the front dash to 18 frames (up from 16)
· Slightly increased the amount of damage scaling on combos.
· Fixed an issue where the Orbs of Seth were labeled UNBLOCKABLE during Practice mode when they hit Mid.
· Fixed an issue where Black Adam could stack two sets of the Orbs of Seth.
· Improved Hit Advantage on the Eye Of Horus combo (Back + Medium, Hard, Up, Medium)

Green Arrow
· Now correctly enters a crouching state when firing low arrows.
· The Stinger special move now has a frame advantage of -13 (up from -25) and can now be Meter Burned when blocked for frame advantage.

Joker
· The Acid Blossom now consistently has a block advantage of +5 regardless of stance switch.
· The Crowbar now has a block advantage of -4 (up from -25) and has a better hit advantage when Meter Burned.
· The Joker’s Wild (character power) High Parry now has 1 startup frame (down from 2) and the Low Parry now has 2 startup frames (down from 3).

Lobo
· The Hook Charge special move now hits as an overhead, has an improved startup of 13 frames (down from 16), and has improved viability as a wakeup attack.
· The Meter Burn version of the Hook Charge now has 2 hits of armor.
· Now loads two rounds for his Nuclear Shells character power (up from 1).
· All Pump Shot blasts now have extended reach when Nuclear Shells are loaded.
· When a Nuclear Shell is loaded, the 2nd Meter Burn Pump Shot blast will have significantly increased damage.
· The Main Man super move now hits the opponent overhead.

Superman
· Increased the amount of damage scaling on some combos.
· The Kryptonian Smash Super Move now has 5 frames of startup (up from 2) and is now a Mid attack.
· The Ground and Air Heat Vision attacks now have additional recovery frames.
· Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
· Increased the amount of damage scaling after using the Heat Zap special move.

Zatanna
· Activating Sargon’s Hat Stance (Character Power) no longer forces the end of a ground combo.
· Loosened the input requirements of her Teleport moves.
· The Meter Burn version of her Fire Kiss can no longer be ducked by certain characters.
· Catwoman and Wonder Woman can no longer parry her Ground Magic special move (in Sargon’s Hat Stance) while standing.
· Reduced the start up frames of her ducking Medium attack to 8 (down from 10)
· Reduce the start up frames of her jumping Light attack to 6 (down from 8).
· The Master Puppet special move now works correctly online.
· Increased the size of the hitbox on the second hit of her Multi Kick special move so that some characters can no longer duck under it.

Zod
· The Phantom Wraith (Character Power) Slash can no longer be parried.
· Fixed an issue where missing an opponent with the Phantom Wraith grab would result in undesirable effects.
· Improved the hit box on the Fallen Kryptonian (Toward + Medium, Light) combo.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Mystery character skin? Something tells me that it's gonna be Deathstroke Arkham Origins Skin. There is a new Batman Arkham Origins game trailer showing Injustice Deathstroke Skin beeing implemented in the game :)
I think by character skin they meant a new character as a skin. Like John Stewart for GL /Cyber Superman for Supes.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I love that all the previews we got of characters labelled as "just a taste" were actually the full patch lists for each of them.
That's not nrs' fault. Its not their fault people assumed there would be more changes per character, posted it on TYM, then ran around saying their assumption was actually correct over and over again. It was a misinterpretation by randoms.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
O

Ow its true? fans waiting for Black Canary, Red Hood or Power Girl, and Zatanna is not moved for the heroes side? empty slots?
yes, fans should have stopped waiting a while ago
the patch is probably the end of any type of dlc/support for this game at all

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
But tell me why in gods name, the community with the exception of REO did not bitch about a meterless, guaranteed +6 OTG in the corner, that gives you, an overhead, a combo attempt, and a reset attempt all in one shot, that ALSO just like GLs disables wake ups and is dumb.
GLs OTG is from a B13 which can be used anywhere in multiple scenarios, on top of that B13 is generally his best move and is used in nearly all situations.

WoWos OTG is only practical in the corner, and BY DESIGN would be completely useless if they made it not OTG. I'd actually like players on this site be able to point out when a WoWo player is +6 from her OTG, its height dependant and therefore limits her options after due to pushback.

This is the reason I dont really talk about changes in other characters, nobody understands what they're talking about unless they've really gone into depth with their character.

I'm fairly certain REO isn't clued up on WoWo, at least to a fine critical level.