What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

That's not nrs' fault. Its not their fault people assumed there would be more changes per character, posted it on TYM, then ran around saying their assumption was actually correct over and over again. It was a misinterpretation by randoms.

When you say here's a taste of what's to come with that character, how else should people interpret it? They inferred there were more each time they posted a preview. It isn't a big deal, but it absolutely is NRS's fault.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Joker's MB crowbar will probably now give him some nice teeth setups and I think the biggest buff to Lex was adjusting the hitbox of his normals which are really good. His standing 2 is one of the better AAs in this game.

I also think HG vs Lex will finally be as bad as HG players say it is because of the Lex buffs but I think that with the nerfing of some of the other characters, we might see her more often in tournaments but then again I'm just secretly wishing more HG players place so I can finally say that she is dumb and back it up with results.

I also think that Batgirl will actually drop slightly because her biggest strength was the fact that you couldn't even touch her because of her smaller-than-servbot hurtbox.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
When you say here's a taste of what's to come with that character, how else should people interpret it? They inferred there were more each time they posted a preview. It isn't a big deal, but it absolutely is NRS's fault.

I mean.... that's REALLLY stretching and focusing on semantics. Wouldn't advise that.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
GLs OTG is from a B13 which can be used anywhere in multiple scenarios, on top of that B13 is generally his best move and is used in nearly all situations.

WoWos OTG is only practical in the corner, and BY DESIGN would be completely useless if they made it not OTG. I'd actually like players on this site be able to point out when a WoWo player is +6 from her OTG, its height dependent and therefore limits her options after due to push-back.

This is the reason I dont really talk about changes in other characters, nobody understands what they're talking about unless they've really gone into depth with their character.

I'm fairly certain REO isn't clued up on WoWo, at least to a fine critical level.
But Foxy, even with that being said, its still a brain dead situation. Every time you end a string in the corner you get to OTG and go in for more pressure. Even if you are not at frame advantage, you still are well out of range to be punished or pressured am I correct? GL's OTG was a 2 frame window that he had to pay meter for. I mean there is some sort of unwritten law that in a fighting game if you have to pay meter for something its fair, or at least with most fighting games I see that seems to be the case.

So if I pay meter for that OTG isn't it fair? I mean at least GL did have to pay meter for it and it was a really small window. WWs is guaranteed, hell Id even say Id be a happier if her OTG could be done at mid screen but was full combo punishable on block like Superman's. GL lost it even though it really didn't make him broke, it just forced players to not be so wake up happy all the time. Even then as far as I can tell no GL player that I have seen abused that option very much anyway. And even if its brain dead tbh honest I still don't actually care that WW has it. I think its a perfectly fine character move, I think that it forces people to respect certain options WW has in certain situations where your first instinct is to "noobe" out.

Hell I'm probably one of the only people in this community that will honestly admit that even before I realized GL had OTG capabilities I was ok the OTGs being in the game.I'm also probably one of the very few people that thinks killer frost isn't broken, just a really solid and good character, but I digress.I just wanna know if its ok when NW burns meter to be at like +18 on staff spin, or other characters burn meter to be at some sort of ridiculous advantage or force their opponent in a situation, with no one saying shit about it, why is it when GL get something that he can abuse my paying a bar of meter for, its suddenly the end of the world. Its suddenly broken, and he suddenly doesn't need it, and its suddenly stupid and unfair.

So basically when NW switches to staff stance, or WW switches to sword and shield mode, and then they pay that one bar of meter and are at retarded frame advantage, and get to put you in a damn near block infinite in the corner and chip you to death (And before I get flamed, I know I have the push block option for a reason, and no I actually don't have a problem with these things, they are just examples.) that is fine, cause after all, as long as its not GL, and they had to pay meter for it its cool.
And besides Foxy, it wouldn't be worthless, it would be just like turbine....just there to take up a special move slot. (Totally trolling with that last comment btw, I would not even wish turbine on Raven, and I hate that bitch.)

I've read through half this thread and some comments got a homie like WTF? all this GL is too good, b1 can't be punished, sinestro is this or this character is that, DAMN lol. Enough with the whining and what not, let's play the damn game yall. I'm looking forward to how NEC will be with this patch put into play.

zaf

professor
I've read through half this thread and some comments got a homie like WTF? all this GL is too good, b1 can't be punished, sinestro is this or this character is that, DAMN lol. Enough with the whining and what not, let's play the damn game yall. I'm looking forward to how NEC will be with this patch put into play.
im happy you are going to nec so we can get some mk9 in =]

im happy you are going to nec so we can get some mk9 in =]
haha fo sho, I wanted to play mk9 at TFC, but my bro was on the system all day (he played khaotik in hella matches haha, my bro won most of the matches, but khaotik definitely looked very good as usual).

zaf

professor
haha fo sho, I wanted to play mk9 at TFC, but my bro was on the system all day (he played khaotik in hella matches haha, my bro won most of the matches, but khaotik definitely looked very good as usual).
i love playing khaotik. always solid matches.
i want to play your brothers cyrax.
who do you use at this point? i want to play your Liu.

i love playing khaotik. always solid matches.
i want to play your brothers cyrax.
who do you use at this point? i want to play your Liu.
I'm still maining sonya, but I still play all the other characters that I usually play :p, i'm willing to use almost the whole cast in casuals haha.

zaf

professor
I'm still maining sonya, but I still play all the other characters that I usually play :p, i'm willing to use almost the whole cast in casuals haha.
play whoever you want. as long as i get you at your best.
if it means sonya, bring it!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Good news, mystery skin is not a Superman.

...its Batman.. probably. Batman arkham origins costume showed up in the IOS game.
Related, the Injustice Deathstroke costume is in the Arkham Origins game as an unlock or something.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
There is nothing wrong with the walk speed.. I swear a few guys start complaining about something and it spreads like wildfire.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Awesome, I see there were frame adjustment fixes all around. Zatanna appears to have received some love... Which is good, because she really needed to be fixed. I might jump back into this game again.

Lulzlou

Noob
But Foxy, even with that being said, its still a brain dead situation. Every time you end a string in the corner you get to OTG and go in for more pressure. Even if you are not at frame advantage, you still are well out of range to be punished or pressured am I correct? GL's OTG was a 2 frame window that he had to pay meter for. I mean there is some sort of unwritten law that in a fighting game if you have to pay meter for something its fair, or at least with most fighting games I see that seems to be the case.

So if I pay meter for that OTG isn't it fair? I mean at least GL did have to pay meter for it and it was a really small window. WWs is guaranteed, hell Id even say Id be a happier if her OTG could be done at mid screen but was full combo punishable on block like Superman's. GL lost it even though it really didn't make him broke, it just forced players to not be so wake up happy all the time. Even then as far as I can tell no GL player that I have seen abused that option very much anyway. And even if its brain dead tbh honest I still don't actually care that WW has it. I think its a perfectly fine character move, I think that it forces people to respect certain options WW has in certain situations where your first instinct is to "noobe" out.

Hell I'm probably one of the only people in this community that will honestly admit that even before I realized GL had OTG capabilities I was ok the OTGs being in the game.I'm also probably one of the very few people that thinks killer frost isn't broken, just a really solid and good character, but I digress.I just wanna know if its ok when NW burns meter to be at like +18 on staff spin, or other characters burn meter to be at some sort of ridiculous advantage or force their opponent in a situation, with no one saying shit about it, why is it when GL get something that he can abuse my paying a bar of meter for, its suddenly the end of the world. Its suddenly broken, and he suddenly doesn't need it, and its suddenly stupid and unfair.

So basically when NW switches to staff stance, or WW switches to sword and shield mode, and then they pay that one bar of meter and are at retarded frame advantage, and get to put you in a damn near block infinite in the corner and chip you to death (And before I get flamed, I know I have the push block option for a reason, and no I actually don't have a problem with these things, they are just examples.) that is fine, cause after all, as long as its not GL, and they had to pay meter for it its cool.
And besides Foxy, it wouldn't be worthless, it would be just like turbine....just there to take up a special move slot. (Totally trolling with that last comment btw, I would not even wish turbine on Raven, and I hate that bitch.)
Not saying nightwing needs it to be +18 but it has to be some sort of advantage to allow a mix up. If he didn't have it then getting out if staff stance pressure and mix ups would be easy. His overhead is -3 and you can get out of 1f1~ground blast. Doing multiple staff spins is very situational and a waste of meter most of the time. If flying Greyson hit mid and maybe 0 on block or he had better mobilty, I'd agree on toning down the advantage. I feel like they would have made the advantage less already if it wasn't intended for nightwing to follow up with more pressure or mix ups.

Edit; not blowing you up for it. Just giving my opinion as a nightwing player.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Not saying nightwing needs it to be +18 but it has to be some sort of advantage to allow a mix up. If he didn't have it then getting out if staff stance pressure and mix ups would be easy. His overhead is -3 and you can get out of 1f1~ground blast. Doing multiple staff spins is very situational and a waste of meter most of the time. If flying Greyson hit mid and maybe 0 on block or he had better mobilty, I'd agree on toning down the advantage. I feel like they would have made the advantage less already if it wasn't intended for nightwing to follow up with more pressure or mix ups.

Edit; not blowing you up for it. Just giving my opinion as a nightwing player.
No I hear that, I started out playing NW and I'm not bitching about that character, its just I;m tired of this community bitching and whining so hard about the tools GL has and saying its broken when it really isn't. In fighting games there are always going to be strong, medium, and weak characters, that just how it is, not matter how many times you patch the game that isnt going to change. It just like when they nerfed Kung lao, Raiden, and Sub, cause they were stupid, then Kabal, Kenshi, and Sonya took their place, and people still bitched. Becasue you do away with one evil or "injustice" another simply takes its place. They took away subs ground freeze reset, and then he became absoule shit, not that that happened to GL thank god, but my argument, is if I had to pay meter for that OTG, and it was arguably the hardest OTG in the game to do, and was not being abused or gave him anything ridiculous why should I loose it? I paid meter for it, the very thing that character needs to do anything. I mean when NW mb staff twirl and is at +18 he deserved it, he spent meter, isnt that the justification for most fighting game bullshit? "Oh that the dumbest fucking think I have ever seen, but it ok they have to spend meter on it." That ALL of the characters that kept their OTGs have it for free, no meter need. Supes can score his of of everything practically, and yes I know because I play superman, and WW gets to end all of her corner combos in it and not a damn word is said....GL has one and the whole community wants him to die.