What's new

How much would "One More Patch" mean?

My scene died because they were sick of the same 3 people who actually understood win, and I haven't found a way to get them back. They feel going 0-2 in sf makes them look better than going 1-2 or 2-2 in injustice. I will quote the great Bronn from Game of Thrones - "There's no cure for being a cunt." It is really hard to play this game with no scene, I know the struggle, that is why the THEOs and Jupiters exist. Look at the weekly competition. Mine is some washed up DS player, mace charge tossers, a decent trident rusher, and thats it. It's hard but we gotta do what we gotta do.
That makes 0 sense lol, people care that much about going 2-2 in a local? And washed up Dstroke. @Srryimwhte :DOGE

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
It's not a new concept, I agree 100%. It's just that the top in this game have some really stupid shit compared to a lot of other games. The game is fun but I can see why some people tend to not play seriously anymore. Not to mention the games terrible online and spread out community, so many match ups haven't even been explored...
I get what you mean, but my main point is that these characters do still lose or go even with lots of characters. If every one of their match ups were advantageous then I would get the complaining, but they're not. There are answers to these characters, people just find it easier to complain than do the work required to beat them.

If we compare Aquaman and MMH to Kabal why are ony one MMH and 1 Aquaman winning? Its REO with Kabal all over again? And why the fuck si 16bit making everyone else in the community look bad with CATWOMAN, obviously the game needs work if catwoman can win. Why has there been nothing but further diversity in top 8s. Oxygen bodied east coast aquas at CW, LOBO. Hawkgirls fucking up top supermen. I saw the top MMH lose to Catwoman, I saw the lobos and killer frosts only lose by a hit to sonic. I saw Grundy fuck everyone up. Ive even seen ares do well. Deathstroke still make top 8s? After he RULED injustice and got the nerf hammer. Still supermans in top 8s after getting nerfed into the ground. Black adams. My god what has NRS done to make this game so imbalanced. Its like if everyone picked aquaman they would make top 8. It's like he doesnt have to work for wins, shit i probably have one of the best aquamans and even I struggle. And MMH, fuck trying to master that guy, i mean if PL cant beat everyone then hes obviously not braindead enough. (Hold that). This rant could never end, and if someone says something ill continue it. Point is, we still dont know shit about the game, keep trying to level up, and stop crying.
You seriously need your own spot on the front page of TYM. Like, replace the "Recent Threads" area with "Mr. Aquaman says" area. I love reading your posts because they counter a lot of the pessimistic crap that plagues TYM and keeps the community from growing. Keep it up! :)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
My scene died because they were sick of the same 3 people who actually understood win, and I haven't found a way to get them back. They feel going 0-2 in sf makes them look better than going 1-2 or 2-2 in injustice. I will quote the great Bronn from Game of Thrones - "There's no cure for being a cunt." It is really hard to play this game with no scene, I know the struggle, that is why the THEOs and Jupiters exist. Look at the weekly competition. Mine is some washed up DS player, mace charge tossers, a decent trident rusher, and thats it. It's hard but we gotta do what we gotta do.
I hear you man. We couldn't keep our weekly going because nobody would show up even if we offered $100 pot bonuses and free food. At least we have a monthly going strong though.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I think that part of the problem this community has is that we let the perception of something dominate the reality.

Take MK9, for example. It's been said that a lot of people quit because of Kabal and Kenshi.

I ask you: How many people were playing Kabal at such a level as to 7-3/8-2 the cast?

I can think of: REO, Perfect Legend, CD Jr., Cat, SoonK, and Lulzlou? Am I forgetting anyone?

The number is even smaller for Kenshi: Pig of the Hut and Blind Man, unless there are a few others I'm missing.

That is a very small percentage when looking at the community as a whole. The chances of your average player even running int0 these people in tournament aren't extremely high. Why would people quit over characters with such small representation?

The same is true for Injustice. How many people play MMH and Batgirl at the highest level? How many High level General Zod mains can you find if you try? It's not like just anyone picks up these characters and wins tournaments with them. If they did, Floe would have won MLG, right?

So why are we taking The Prophet of Doom route with Injustice and its balance?

I think there is this idea that starts when people say, "This character is broken," or "you can't win." Other people, people of average or lesser skill see this and immediately feel as though they will never overcome the match-up. I've been guilty of this myself. Whether this is a matter of a lack of confidence or other issue is up for debate, but we all start parroting the same opinion until everyone is saying, "This character is broken" and "you can't win." We discount that in any match, at any time, anything can happen.
This needs to be a thread on its own. I 100% agree with you.

Last edited:

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
@BiPolarExxpress yeah lack of caring to win or practice
@Mr Aquaman fine ill play the damn game again if you're suffering that much from lack of competition

the problem with the va scene is most the capcom(street fighter) players think they can sweep into nrs games and body people with their "superior footsies" then all the marvel players get pissed when something retarded safe and brain dead gets hit with the nerf hammer dive kick(@Hatake Osawa ) f23 (@PTH Keyzer Soze aka fuerte) so that made us lose over half our scene the other half of what kills us is people just not wanting to play casuals because they dont want people to know their tendencies but will play scrubs or advantageous match ups all night @Blackula if we really want to have a stronger scene people need to just fucking play the game and learn

and no its not a complete shot at the capcom scene just a shot at arrogant players in general

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
I just don't see why people talk about how broken a character is when most the time the MU is still 5-5. Outside of Zod, MMH. What common MU is 3-7 in most tourneys?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@BiPolarExxpress yeah lack of caring to win or practice
@Mr Aquaman fine ill play the damn game again if you're suffering that much from lack of competition

the problem with the va scene is most the capcom(street fighter) players think they can sweep into nrs games and body people with their "superior footsies" then all the marvel players get pissed when something retarded safe and brain dead gets hit with the nerf hammer dive kick(@Hatake Osawa ) f23 (@PTH Keyzer Soze aka fuerte) so that made us lose over half our scene the other half of what kills us is people just not wanting to play casuals because they dont want people to know their tendencies but will play scrubs or advantageous match ups all night @Blackula if we really want to have a stronger scene people need to just fucking play the game and learn

and no its not a complete shot at the capcom scene just a shot at arrogant players in general
Bro it is not a bad time to, with that I got planned in the works, it will bring some fun back

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You have spectators and stream monsters that trash every game at tournament simply for the sake of it. Isn't that just a matter of taste? How many spectators believe things about Injustice that aren't founded to this day, such as Superman and BA being the best in the game

Which is worse, I wonder? Seeing a match on stream where any number of real-life tournament factors(monitor lag, tourney nerves, lack of sleep, etc.) could contribute to the win/loss?

Or being a spectator and watching the game's own community trash it and call it broken?
By "spectators" I mean people who follow competitive events of particular game who, considering context of our discussion, also play that game. I don't mean random dude who just happen to watch some stream or something, and still has a year old preconceptions he've probably overheard on another stream quite some time ago.

What I mean, I'm online scrub at best, and I couldn't care less if some character dominates tournaments - at my level it doesn't matter most of the time, and that is exactly what you were talking about I believe. However seeing anyone trying to pick some character that isn't from very stale top-5 (that's mostly MK9 experience, IGAU is slightly more diverse still) getting bodied by autopiloting top-tier player isn't fun in any way. Such a disappointment in competitive MK made me consider IGAU (thankfully latest patch came about that time so it started to look like actual FG and not projectile trading simulator), and now I'm finding myself launching Skullgirls instead more and more (even though the game is clearly beyond my causal ability I have no time to actually improve these days). And the reason is simple, I don't want to watch repetitive footage from stale discipline tournaments, and what I watch affects my game choice as well. That said, please, don't get me wrong, IGAU is nowhere close to the state of boredom MK9 was in when I stopped caring about competitive scene of that game. At most I'm disappointed that some characters weren't given a chance to fly, and unfortunately it isn't autumn 2013 when it almost looked like everyone may be viable.

And that's experience of a casual. Now I can imagine what that means for competitive player who is actually affected by meta, and is not just a bored spectator.

Last edited:

VOR

Noob
No, they would not. People need to stop parroting whatever CD Jr. posts and think for themselves.

Most characters in the game already have good mobility whether they be offensive characters (i.e., Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman) or defensive characters (i.e., Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro). Characters who are weak at mid range and/or have mediocre mobility have either been given a teleport (i.e., Batgirl, Zatanna) or armor (Bane, Lex) or other types of miscellaneous tools (i.e., Batman and bats, Killer Frost and slide). Characters who have terrible walking speeds (i.e., Green Lantern, Zod) usually have terrible walking speeds by design to prevent brokenness.

Some low tier characters are low tier regardless of mobility. Ares, Cyborg, and Scorpion have decent mobility. Nonetheless, they are bad because they lack tools. Just like every low tier character in every fighting game ever made.
No, they would not. People need to stop parroting whatever CD Jr. posts and think for themselves.

Most characters in the game already have good mobility whether they be offensive characters (i.e., Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman) or defensive characters (i.e., Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro). Characters who are weak at mid range and/or have mediocre mobility have either been given a teleport (i.e., Batgirl, Zatanna) or armor (Bane, Lex) or other types of miscellaneous tools (i.e., Batman and bats, Killer Frost and slide). Characters who have terrible walking speeds (i.e., Green Lantern, Zod) usually have terrible walking speeds by design to prevent brokenness.

Some low tier characters are low tier regardless of mobility. Ares, Cyborg, and Scorpion have decent mobility. Nonetheless, they are bad because they lack tools. Just like every low tier character in every fighting game ever made.

I'm not parroting CD Jr. in the least bit. It's not a matter of that. People are speaking their minds on how they feel about movement in Injustice. I also like how you deleted the second sentence of my statement. I'm speaking from my own experience having gotten into Tekken, MK9, Soul Calibur, some Street Fighter, and Killer Instinct. Of course you'll most most likely consider my opinion to be invalid, since I'm not a top player, but Injustice has hands down the most limited movement of all of these games.

I don't think most Capcom and Tekken players left Injustice because of balance issues, or the game has too much cheap shit. They even LIKE imbalance and cheap tactics. They left the game because movement wise (and net code wise), the game feels like shit in comparison to their main game. The tactile feeling of movement in Injustice leaves a lot to be desired. My statement has very little to do with balance. You are most likely speaking to people's issues with the game who exclusively play NRS games, while my statement tries to address people's concerns from people who play other games as their main. I think my number is bigger.

Last edited:

Optimator

Casual Aspirations
First off:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsTheSameNowItSucks

Also, I am sick of seeing people complain about walk speed in Injustice. Go load up Tekken or SF4 or Soul Calibur and walk around--this works with most fighting games but not all, I'll admit. Look at the ground covered between the characters' legs. It's the goddamn same. It just doesn't seem that way since the screen zooms out. It's an optical illusion and you're all falling for it. Walk speeds vary in the game and slow walkers are indeed slow but there are tons of mobility options and footsies available.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Look at the ground covered between the characters' legs. It's the goddamn same. It just doesn't seem that way since the screen zooms out. It's an optical illusion and you're all falling for it.
When people complain about movement, they mean that it takes several times longer to go from fullscreen to face-to-face than in most FGs, including those you've brought up, and that they can't close a step of distance within like 10 frames and must rely on longer range of their character's normals - which may or may not be the case.
Yes, I agree it's not bad per se. This is something to take in account when you balance the game - which just didn't truly happen to all characters at least.