What's new

How Balanced is Injustice really?

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
This game is very balanced in my opinion. Manhunter is a cool character, so I don't really care when he does trait d1 force push every time I manage to fight through the apocalypse to get near him. Aquaman, on the other hand, is a giant tool and it becomes slightly aggravating when his d2 penetrates the upper level of the atmosphere or hits me 2 character lengths behind him. The game really is balanced and is fun to play so long as you aren't fighting Aquaman or Zod.

This game is very balanced in my opinion. Manhunter is a cool character, so I don't really care when he does trait d1 force push every time I manage to fight through the apocalypse to get near him. Aquaman, on the other hand, is a giant tool and it becomes slightly aggravating when his d2 penetrates the upper level of the atmosphere or hits me 2 character lengths behind him. The game really is balanced and is fun to play so long as you aren't fighting Aquaman or Zod.
No way man. MMH is clearly broken beyond belief. That is why this is the first "major" that he has ever won. I'm sure if all the other MMH players out there wanted to win any or all of the previous majors, they would have done so easily.

NRS..............please fix this badly broken character before everyone quits the game.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Oh, this thread breaks down to Manhunter? Well, I'll just say this then: Despite the fact that we know how strong MMH is who knows how to fight the guy right now? I have played 1 set with a good/competent MMH, whether online or off, and I'm playing regularly. People still aren't blowing up some of his stuff, I mean, most the top eight was afraid to move when regular orbs were out. They sat there and let the pressure continue because they didn't know how to deal with orbs even though regular Orbs don't explode on contact so Jupiter was getting a lot of free nonsense. There's still no forward dashing/walking/MBing his teleports and his mixups are still catching people off guard because they're not familiar with his strings and what to look for. MMH is #1 in the game and not a lot of people know how to deal with him yet, once people are more comfortable with the matchup it's not gonna look nearly as free. Also, this is easily a case of "easier said than done" and I'm by no means an expert on the Martian character nor matchup but it's clear that MMH players are getting away with murder right now.

SEV

Noob
As good as MMH is, the character is pretty hard to use to max out his capabilities, and to take advantage of his tool set you need to make extremely good reads. The character is no where near broken, and honestly doesn't really have anything that is necessarily cheap in a game that almost everyone has cheap options. His 50/50s are within the realm of reaction, he has tricky set ups in the corner but he doesn't have broken damage like many others either. Also, like others have pointed out, many players still over respect him in many regards, especially when he doesn't have meter, and this just comes from lack of match up experience against him.

And the argument being made that he isn't being represented in enough areas to gather the match up knowledge to make him more dominant could also go the other way as well; limited representation can also prevent people from learning the weaknesses/counters to the character.

Also the limited number of people playing the character could also be a testament to how difficult the character is to play to be able to make his winning match ups winning or even, even; not everyone can just pick up the character and be a god without putting in a considerable time or we'd be seeing more MMH dominance.

I'm not disputing that fact that MMH is among the very top characters in this game, but when I lose to him I at least feel I was outplayed considering he has to open you up honestly, whether that be by making the right reads or his opponent not respecting his numerous options, when there are other tippy, top tiers that also do considerably well against the greater majority of the cast with very limited bad match ups that have cheap tool sets such as Batgirl that only need to touch you once to win a round, or Zod that can trait up and throw interactibles at you for free(not to say Zod is nearly as cheap as Batgirl, because he isn't in my opinion at least).

I don't know the numbers for his match ups but 6-4's are far from unwinnable so if the issue is that he just has an abundance of 6-4's and 5-5's with a few 7-3's and no losing match ups, I don't see him as the potential boogeyman that many are making him out to be. He's definitely a scary character to play against, being too well rounded, but no where near broken.

can you please stop trying to tell me what i meant/what my intentions were
Can you please stop pretending you don't understand that saying X insinuates Y. Can you please stop acting as if this is all some kind of misunderstanding?

What's next? No offense, but your mothers cunt? No offense, doesn't invalidate the mother's a cunt part, just like none of the option select garbage before saying MMH is the new Kabal doesn't either.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Ok I'm gonna be nice about this and as nice as I can. The @Fred Marvel regardless of what you said you have completely come online and flamed a player for winning with a character you have issues with. I was at Civil War yesterday I watched matches I saw Jupiter's performance as well, what I saw was nothing new and nothing different with MMH that hasn't been seen before. Is the character good, yes he is, is OP maybe, likely no. MMH is honestly one of the most well rounded characters in the game being that he has the tools to deal with anything. He isn't like Kabal and the fact that you weren't around for the MK9 stuff, you have no idea how bad Kabal was. You play NW judging by your avatar, well I'm sorry you play a character that has many bad MUs and isn't considered a to tier character, this means one thing and one thing I preach to everyone who plays FGs and that is LEARN OTHER CHARACETRS. If you know MMH is a problem for you, then you have to learn a character that will give you less stress with him. I main HG and I am not even anywhere near an exception to this, so I learned how to use others for those MU I have to struggle hard with. I learned yesterday why Bane is going to require me to use someone else. It bothers me that you have decided to devalue the worth of one player's achievements just to argue with everyone that you believe that MMH is broken. Have you gone to the tourneys have you shown off your skills OFFLINE to the community yet. Until then you have no place to speak over a character being broken and to dominating at tourneys. Jupiter earned his wins like everyone else.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Can you please stop pretending you don't understand that saying X insinuates Y. Can you please stop acting as if this is all some kind of misunderstanding?

What's next? No offense, but your mothers cunt? No offense, doesn't invalidate the mother's a cunt part, just like none of the option select garbage before saying MMH is the new Kabal doesn't either.
if you havent noticed i havent insulted anyone in this thread at all so that wouldnt be next try again

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
ok i think were starting to see the dominance of Martian Manhunter (shout out to Jupiter your character is broken tho)a few other characters are bad too *looks at Zod and Batgirl* but the green man is obviously a notch far above the rest, now i wasnt around for all of the MK days but i played the game and saw how broken Kabal was and im not gonna say MMH is as bad as that or worse because he probably isnt but could he at least be the Injustice equivalent? Injustice is very balanced in the sense that there arent many useless characters but at the "highest level" is it really that much more balanced than MK was? in the next few months we could surely see more wins from Martian with the occasional Batgirl or Zod (or a character nobody knows how to fight may win due to character expertise and lack of familiarity). to me it seems like Injustice is just gonna become martian land to anyone who wants to win and in MK Kabal wasnt the only character who was played you still had Lao, Cyrax, i think even Cage etc so the entire tournament wont be MMH but he is just stronger than the rest of the cast and its gonna become more and more noticeable, Jupiter is really good props to him but is he really the best at Injustice? (he might be just asking) or just really good with a broken character? again im not saying he's the Kabal v2 but lbsh he's OP and i think in the mid and even somewhat high tiers the game is balanced there are just a few characters who snuck under the radar and now were all paying for. So are we all just victims of the skill gap and scrubs who need to level up? or is there really no stopping the long arm of the law?
NRS PLS you know what must be done

we had the death of Superman now make this happen :)
EDIT: the point wasnt to say "MMH is the Kabal of injustice" that thread was already made, im not expert on how bad Kabal was but MMH seems pretty broken and in a class of his own

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
1. There will always be a best in the game, no matter what.

2. The game hasn't even been out a year yet.

3. This thread was made after Jupiter won with Martian.

Here is the answer to that question though. "How many characters haven't been in top 8 yet?"

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
I feel like this game hasn't been out long enough to tell, but I do think that the game is quite balanced. This game has only been out for a year so there are still many things to discover. I feel that there is a decent counter to every character in this game and for some characters a counter is a 5-5 matchup. However, with all of this tech and new setups coming out for Mmh, batgirl, and zod they might be too hard to beat. Zod is getting new tech constantly, Mmh still has a lot of new crossup orb setups and methods of zoning, and batgirl if played with patiently at times can be unbeatable. If in the right hands, I think these 3 characters will triumph over all other characters in tournaments.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
no. i'm saying that mmh's full potential hasn't been revealed yet and still remains to be seen UNTIL we have a player who travels to every major and knows the ins and outs of all of mmhs mus. so can you stop judging how good mmh is from 2 guys who barely travel? i suggest you push for jupiter to get sponsored so he can become that player that can bring out the full potential in mmh at every major

and kabal wasn't a "win button". kabal took dedication and plenty of time investment just like any other top tier requires
and until that happens, this argument can't be made which was my original point. This discussion should be over by now.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I think it's interesting that 3 of the 6 DLC characters are in most people's top 5/and or OP discussion. Maybe they weren't flushed out enough before actually being patched?

Also, whether people want to admit it or not, it seems to be everyone's gut reaction that MMH is straight up demonic. (remember when Pig announced his retirement and called for the job of Paulo, lol).

Jupiter is just plain good. Great instincts, good reads, smooth movement....I mean, it's not the character, it's him. However, almost everyone believes MMH is TOO strong.

The most balanced NRS fighting game to date. That said, every game before Injustice was an unbalanced mess, so don't expect too much from Injustice even if it's the most balanced.