What's new

How Balanced is Injustice really?

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
IMO this game is more balanced than MK9, but unbalanced as a whole. (FGC standpoint)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Raven is not even. Orb placement and oki make it quite challenging. By far not her worst matchup and certain stages are better than others, but it defiantly is not in her favor and will only get worse. Martian has an answer to all her options, out damages her, and gains far more meter in the matchup.
Soul crush may seem like a saving grace, but orb placement makes it where a landed crush turns into a bad trade since the hit animationtakes so long. Before the patch it was manageable since the orb hitboxes were smaller, but now navigating them while dealing with trait, mb pillar and teleport is like threading a needle while on fire. Not to mention teleport makes her game much more unsafe. The grounded teleport can be interrupted by pillar into pillar, but instant air teleport stuffs those attempts and does 40% plus oki. To me I am gambling 2% against 40%.
It would probably be even if any one of a few things changed, but as it stands Martian just has too much to deal with for it to be even.
Baited teleports get you at least as much damage as he would deal with them though.

And when he places orbs it gives you time to move away from them, plus you can check him on orb startup with soul crush. F2 is such a great tool against his nuts MB B3 too. I really think she controls the full screen game decently well.

Again I said that it could be even or slight MMH advantage but I think she has a really good chance in the matchup.

I play this matchup in particular a lot for some reason lol

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Why is it every time there is a tourney some one has to come on TYM and make claims that the character that won the tourney was broken and they are OP. STOP LOOKING FOR THE NEXT KABAL THIS IS NOT MK9. Have a nice day :)

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I think so. Just talk to pryce about it. I'm just not the best at it.
I've played the MU with Jupiter online and offline a bunch and we've talked about it a lot. I know the MU, and IMO its 6-4 manhunter. Still easily winnable.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
MMH is good but not as broken as people make him out to be. He does have a lot of really good matchups but there are (imo) a lot of even or better matchups against him including quite a few good characters.

Aquaman
Lex
MMH
Deathstroke
Shazam (I swear)

arguably
Flash
Batman
Superman
Raven
Grundy
Catwoman
Doomsday

I mean even if some of these matchups are MMH advantage, I feel like at least most of these and maybe more at least have a very good chance against him.

GRUNDY FTW HOLD THAT SHIT BANE

macro

Eezeepeezee
I've played the MU with Jupiter online and offline a bunch and we've talked about it a lot. I know the MU, and IMO its 6-4 manhunter. Still easily winnable.
Well if we can i would like to go over it in the matchup thread.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Why not just close this?

Fred is becoming the king of making pointless threads.
Because I read through the entirety of the argument he made, and there's actually some reason/truth in it.

While most people will obviously be distracted by the title, his point is that while there are few "bad" characters in this game, it's possible that an overlooked character like MMH could eventually run away end up dominating the top end of the cast.

He should have chosen a better title -- but whether or not you agree, it's still a valid opinion.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
he is winning tournament after tournament and we knew he was top 5 before the patch hit,
and like i said he takes some skill so if nobody else skilled and willing enough or compatible with his playstyle to use him at the highest level emerges then he isnt OP? umm what, nah hes broke
What other tournaments has he won besides Apex? No one is disputing that he isn't top 5 or maybe even top 1, but your saying he's Kabal calibur and destroys a lot of the cast, which probably isn't true.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
What other tournaments has he won besides Apex? No one is disputing that he isn't top 5 or maybe even top 1, but your saying he's Kabal calibur and destroys a lot of the cast, which probably isn't true.
this is legit proof you didnt read my post, soooo why are you here insulting me with preconceived opinions? i just asked some questions guess i cant do that without getting shitted on called an idiot/troll etc

SZSR

Noob
this is legit proof you didnt read my post, soooo why are you here insulting me with preconceived opinions? i just asked some questions guess i cant do that without getting shitted on called an idiot/troll etc
You aren't being persecuted. These people just want you to clarify.

im a knowledge seeker i like to ask questions, if thats pointless how do i learn? or how do you learn???
Go to the forum for your main and ask the other mains there?

Heck, even ask Martian players. I had trouble with the GL MU and simply asked GL mains how to beat GL and they told me.

Honestly, no matter what side you're on, this shows how bad it was for NRS to hit Lex with the collateral-nerf on the hotfix.

Every nerf to Lex is an indirect buff to MMH.

I was hoping the hotfix was just a placeholder and that they would un-nerf Joker, Cyborg, and Lex who got unfairly hit, but as more time goes on, I'm worried they won't revisit the issue.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
We have seen characters like Shazam and Hawkgirl win majors along with the majority of post patch majors having the most diverse top 8s in terms for character usage.
I think Injustice is pretty damn balanced. There's alot of bullshit in it, but pretty much every character has their own bullshit.