What's new

How Balanced is Injustice really?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
ok i think were starting to see the dominance of Martian Manhunter (shout out to Jupiter your character is broken tho)a few other characters are bad too *looks at Zod and Batgirl* but the green man is obviously a notch far above the rest, now i wasnt around for all of the MK days but i played the game and saw how broken Kabal was and im not gonna say MMH is as bad as that or worse because he probably isnt but could he at least be the Injustice equivalent? Injustice is very balanced in the sense that there arent many useless characters but at the "highest level" is it really that much more balanced than MK was? in the next few months we could surely see more wins from Martian with the occasional Batgirl or Zod (or a character nobody knows how to fight may win due to character expertise and lack of familiarity). to me it seems like Injustice is just gonna become martian land to anyone who wants to win and in MK Kabal wasnt the only character who was played you still had Lao, Cyrax, i think even Cage etc so the entire tournament wont be MMH but he is just stronger than the rest of the cast and its gonna become more and more noticeable, Jupiter is really good props to him but is he really the best at Injustice? (he might be just asking) or just really good with a broken character? again im not saying he's the Kabal v2 but lbsh he's OP and i think in the mid and even somewhat high tiers the game is balanced there are just a few characters who snuck under the radar and now were all paying for. So are we all just victims of the skill gap and scrubs who need to level up? or is there really no stopping the long arm of the law?
NRS PLS you know what must be done

we had the death of Superman now make this happen :)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
We have to wait and see. Yes MMH is strong, but as you saw he isn't unbeatable. Jupiter is a great player and has great reactions and reads. The game is balanced in my opinion, if not a scrub like me wouldn't be able to even compete at the level that I do (even though I'm free to GL).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There will always be imbalance in fighting games no matter what... this is part of the diversity of the game's cast. I think that Injustice is very well balanced. Every character has some really cheap shit, some more than others.

However, I do feel that MMH and Zod are a bit too strong.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
MMH is good but not as broken as people make him out to be. He does have a lot of really good matchups but there are (imo) a lot of even or better matchups against him including quite a few good characters.

Aquaman
Lex
MMH
Deathstroke
Shazam (I swear)

arguably
Flash
Batman
Superman
Raven
Grundy
Catwoman
Doomsday

I mean even if some of these matchups are MMH advantage, I feel like at least most of these and maybe more at least have a very good chance against him.

macro

Eezeepeezee
We have to wait and see. Yes MMH is strong, but as you saw he isn't unbeatable. Jupiter is a great player and has great reactions and reads. The game is balanced in my opinion, if not a scrub like me wouldn't be able to even compete at the level that I do (even though I'm free to GL).
I'm just happy that Nightwing MMH is a 5-5

Fred Marvel

im willing to bet he doesnt have alot of Catwoman exp (i could be wrong tho), no offense to Astronaut he played great when he beat him, but he came back beat him and won the tournament lol. and i think its balanced for the most part and every game has OP characters but can we end this trend pls lol

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
im willing to bet he doesnt have alot of Catwoman exp (i could be wrong tho), no offense to Astronaut he played great when he beat him, but he came back beat him and won the tournament lol. and i think its balanced for the most part and every game has OP characters but can we end this trend pls lol
Remember, games like this are made for the casuals first and then us second. That's why Supes was strong in the beginning because that's what the causals would expect him to be. Patches in general are made for us competitive players and to fix system imbalances.

Fred Marvel

How many months did it even take for MMH to win a major? And you had REO playing him as well. The gun might be getting jumped right now.
all that shows is that he wasnt braindead or dumb easy to pick up, just because he takes skill doesnt mean he isnt broken lol

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
ok i think were starting to see the dominance of Martian Manhunter (shout out to Jupiter your character is broken tho)a few other characters are bad too *looks at Zod and Batgirl* but the green man is obviously a notch far above the rest, now i wasnt around for all of the MK days but i played the game and saw how broken Kabal was and im not gonna say MMH is as bad as that or worse because he probably isnt but could he at least be the Injustice equivalent? Injustice is very balanced in the sense that there arent many useless characters but at the "highest level" is it really that much more balanced than MK was? in the next few months we could surely see more wins from Martian with the occasional Batgirl or Zod (or a character nobody knows how to fight may win due to character expertise and lack of familiarity). to me it seems like Injustice is just gonna become martian land to anyone who wants to win and in MK Kabal wasnt the only character who was played you still had Lao, Cyrax, i think even Cage etc so the entire tournament wont be MMH but he is just stronger than the rest of the cast and its gonna become more and more noticeable, Jupiter is really good props to him but is he really the best at Injustice? (he might be just asking) or just really good with a broken character? again im not saying he's the Kabal v2 but lbsh he's OP and i think in the mid and even somewhat high tiers the game is balanced there are just a few characters who snuck under the radar and now were all paying for. So are we all just victims of the skill gap and scrubs who need to level up? or is there really no stopping the long arm of the law?
NRS PLS you know what must be done

we had the death of Superman now make this happen :)
First fighting game?

haketh

Noob
MMH is good but not as broken as people make him out to be. He does have a lot of really good matchups but there are (imo) a lot of even or better matchups against him including quite a few good characters.

Aquaman
Lex
MMH
Deathstroke
Shazam (I swear)

arguably
Flash
Batman
Superman
Raven
Grundy
Catwoman
Doomsday

I mean even if some of these matchups are MMH advantage, I feel like at least most of these and maybe more at least have a very good chance against him.
Tom also did a good job on commentarry bringing up that people were respecting Non MB Orb to much, we're still learning the MU right now so people need to chill.

Glass Sword

Nobody

Aquaman
Lex
MMH
Deathstroke
Shazam (I swear)

arguably
Flash
Batman
Superman
Raven
Grundy
Catwoman
Doomsday

Raven is not even. Orb placement and oki make it quite challenging. By far not her worst matchup and certain stages are better than others, but it defiantly is not in her favor and will only get worse. Martian has an answer to all her options, out damages her, and gains far more meter in the matchup.
Soul crush may seem like a saving grace, but orb placement makes it where a landed crush turns into a bad trade since the hit animationtakes so long. Before the patch it was manageable since the orb hitboxes were smaller, but now navigating them while dealing with trait, mb pillar and teleport is like threading a needle while on fire. Not to mention teleport makes her game much more unsafe. The grounded teleport can be interrupted by pillar into pillar, but instant air teleport stuffs those attempts and does 40% plus oki. To me I am gambling 2% against 40%.
It would probably be even if any one of a few things changed, but as it stands Martian just has too much to deal with for it to be even.

Fred Marvel

That goes both ways as well. Once MMH starts winning tournament after tournament, or more MMHs start making top 8s, then this argument can be made.
he is winning tournament after tournament and we knew he was top 5 before the patch hit,
and like i said he takes some skill so if nobody else skilled and willing enough or compatible with his playstyle to use him at the highest level emerges then he isnt OP? umm what, nah hes broke