Hitoshura's Noob Saibot Matchup Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Noob Saibot' started by Hitoshura, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Hitoshura

Hitoshura Dream a little dream, or live a little dream.

Ok here is my Noob Saibot Matchup Chart as of the recent patch. I was able to get the help of Flawedzilla Altaire and other various members of the TYM forums to help me complete this MU Chart.

This thread is not only meant to show off the current MU Chart for Noob Saibot but as a means of discussion on whether you agree with these numbers or not. As well as discussion for tips on how to handle these Mu's

5.5-4.5 vs Baraka
    4-6 vs Cyber Sub Zero
    4-6 vs Cyrax
    5.5-4.5 vs Ermac
    4-6 vs Freddy
    5.5-4.5 vs Jade
    5-5 vs Jax
    5-5 vs Johnny Cage
    3-7 vs Kabal
    6-4 vs Kano
    4-6 vs Kenshi
    5-5 vs Kitana
    4-6 vs Kung Lao
    6-4 vs Liu Kang
    4-6 vs Mileena
    5-5 vs Nightwolf
    5-5 vs Noob Saibot
    5-5 vs Quan Chi
    4-6 vs Raiden
    5-5 vs Rain
    3-7 vs Reptile
    5-5 vs Scorpion
    5-5 vs Sektor
    6-4 vs Shang
    6-4 vs Sheeva
    5-5 vs Sindel
    3-7 vs Skarlet
    3-7 vs Smoke
    4-6 vs Sonya
    5.5-4.5 vs Stryker
    6-4 vs Sub-Zero
    ***This 1st post will consistently be updated due to changes in MU #'s, Patch changes, or more info is added towards certain MU Descriptions.***
  2. DanCock

DanCock Cock Master!! Staff Member

PSN:
    SINH3LL
    Question

You guys have all been using noob way longer then myself. But I actually prefer to use noob when facing kabal, sindel is my main and noob is my direct bad match up character. What makes the match up so hard for noob? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
  3. Wemfs

Wemfs Child of the night

XBL:
    WemfsFomer
    I fucking hate all of you Reptile players out there. ;p
  4. DetroitBalln

DetroitBalln tupac aint dead

Kabal can land the 2~ndc infinite on Noob all day. He can also EX dash any of Noobs projectiles from full screen.
    Flawedzilla and DanCock like this.
  5. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    At least we're viable ;)
  6. DanCock

DanCock Cock Master!! Staff Member

PSN:
    SINH3LL
    Yea that stuff I knew, I thought there was something I wasn't aware about. We should play this match up some soon.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    DetroitBalln313 likes this.
  7. DetroitBalln

DetroitBalln tupac aint dead

Sure, hit me up whenever you see me on.
    DanCock likes this.
  8. 1man3letters

1man3letters OBS - Alpha Tarkatan - Hellfire Moderator Staff Member Premium Supporter

im not too sure on mileena losing 4-6,
    id really like to hear your opinions on it Hitoshura

noob wins in trades, not that mileena can go crazy with her sais because of noobs tele,
    only really time mileena can tele noobs shadows is full screen apart from a lucky random one,
    upknee hits mileena out of both tele and roll and to punish a whiffed upknee u have to be as close that u cant avoid tackle on reaction,on a read sure but not on reaction,
    i feel mileena footsies are limited because of noobs tools

even if you take jer and deaths matches against chris g at FR as example (yes chris g has great fundamentals but he doesnt really play the game full on) and he beat jer and death barely got by him,i feel mileena has to work harder than noob in the MU

on another note totally agree with baraka losing 5.5-4.5
    DanCock likes this.
  9. Hitoshura

One thing that needs to be said is this. Jer doesn't know the noob matchup at all and he was rlly nervous in that fight. you can even tell. He didnt rlly d4 him at all.

Now Chris G beat Death one round and took some of his life in another. Idk what you were watching and I was there and Death slaughtered Chris G's noob.

If you wanna know my thoughts I updated the first post.
    1man3letters likes this.
  10. Whackojack

Whackojack Active Member

Something to note against Mileena:

If you catch her with an upknee out of her teleport (Not Enhanced) at the correct time you can dash forward and catcher with f333xxteleslam.

Just something to ponder.

EDIT: Also, you can punish a blocked roll with f4,3 teleslam/charge/slide for around 3% more than b2, 12xxwhatever.

Personally I like to punish with f4,3xxbehind portal, then dash forward and block. From my experience they'll likely wake up teleport or ball for another punish
    DanCock and Hitoshura like this.
  11. 1man3letters

1man3letters OBS - Alpha Tarkatan - Hellfire Moderator Staff Member Premium Supporter

ah now i would say death steam rolled over him but yea he did seem to know that matchup better

thanks man, that matchup really messes me up at times, i do play it with raka more than mileena though
  12. Hitoshura

I like how you punish with f43 a string no one uses. Guess I wasn't thinking on that LOL but still u cnt rlly punish that bitch! >: (
  13. 1man3letters

Hitoshura

thanks for the update with your opinions on the mileena MU, i try work on it how u said,
    again thank you :D
    Hitoshura likes this.
  14. Mikemetroid

Mikemetroid WHO'S NEXT Staff Member Premium Supporter

Agreed with the Cage numbers.
  15. Whackojack

Whackojack Active Member

That's exactly why I punish with it actually. It puts them in the same fall scenario as b214, and since it's such an uncommon string to see when you follow it with the portal (even though it wouldn't land if they didn't move) they typically panic and either roll (into the portal :p) or wake-up for a punish.
  16. Wemfs

Wemfs Child of the night

XBL:
    WemfsFomer
    Not to mention F43 gives you the most advantage out of all his strings.
  17. Whackojack

Whackojack Active Member

Does it? I assume you mean on hit, considering on block you'll never land the second hit since they can simply duck it :(
  18. Wemfs

Wemfs Child of the night

XBL:
    WemfsFomer
    Yup on hit it's +47.
  19. Hitoshura

b4 any special move were to hit obv
  20. Whackojack

Whackojack Active Member

I assumed haha, but still even after using portal you're still at a 1 frame advantage! That's intense!
  21. Ezreal

Ezreal no Premium Supporter

Thanks for the matchup chart, would like to see you go in depth on the Baraka VS Noob matchup. I'm not sure what all Baraka can do but I think he has a chance. He can burn a bar of meter to get in from far away, or try to bait whiffed up knees up close so he can blade charge punish. But he probably has difficulty staying on Noob and pressuring him.
  22. AK Walker

AK Walker Kneel before me

Good stuff Hito *Pats on Back* The only things I have to say is that the Noob VS Mileena matchup is 5-5 IMO. I've played against Pig of the Hut's Mileena enough to think this. In this match Noob has to get the life lead and make Mileena come to him. Mileena has a low comeback factor so she has to either A: dash block in or B:get risky and throw a telekick out. You just have to lame this match out in order to win. I also want to go on record and say that the Raiden VS Noob match is a pain in the ass for noob. I think I may hate that match more than Reptile VS Noob.
  23. Death

Death PSN: EMPR_OBS_Death

Mileena beats Noob. Mileena will only lose if shes being risky and telekicking all day. Mileena controls the MU. She can IAS/Ground sais from range and bait a Noob teleslam. If noob throws a shadow slide/tackle she can telekick on reaction and use the stagger for free pressure. Noob Saibot is not going to rush Mileena down and beat her that way. This MU played at the highest level has Mileena winning this MU. Mileena doesnt even have to roll or to one random tele kick to win. D+4 also is a big problem for Noob. The best he can do is whiff punish with a tackle or slide.

I'm starting to think Sonya may beat Noob as well but may need more time with that MU.

@1man, I dont know if you were watching WB but mine and Chris G match wasnt close at all. I beat him pretty badly and controlled the whole fight. I just know how to fight Noob with Mileena. Its one of my favorite MUs in the game.
    Hitoshura and Pig Of The Hut like this.
  24. Metzos

Metzos Ultimate Destruction Staff Member Premium Supporter

Agreed with the Ermac vs Noob MU. Although i still believe its abit worse, like 6-4 in Noob's favor imo.
  25. Wemfs

Wemfs Child of the night

XBL:
    WemfsFomer
    It's better than being at a -1 frame disadvantage.