What's new

Hitoshura's Noob Saibot Matchup Discussion Thread

Hitoshura

Head Cage
He is good and viable. Just because it's harder to win with him doesn't mean he's incapable of doing so. I don't care what anyone says.

Also, Sage makes a good point.
yeah but when the opponent is just as good as u u still loose just as much. Some people just dnt seem to understand what Mu's rlly r about. People of the same skill fighting each other.

He is viable but he CAN NOT win a major alone. You need a secondary or a third to help with all his bad Mu's

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
yeah but when the opponent is just as good as u u still loose just as much. Some people just dnt seem to understand what Mu's rlly r about. People of the same skill fighting each other.

He is viable but he CAN NOT win a major alone. You need a secondary or a third to help with all his bad Mu's
You make a good point Hito. No character in this game can win a major alone. The only time I wouldn't use Noob is in his 3-7 match ups. That's it. And I feel like Noob only has two, maybe three 3-7 match ups.

Enenra

Go to hell.

Who would you recommend? If Sub/Smoke/Reptile count than I could be gettin it in...

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
You make a good point Hito. No character in this game can win a major alone. The only time I wouldn't use Noob is in his 3-7 match ups. That's it. And I feel like Noob only has two, maybe three 3-7 match ups.
Which is both depressing and hilarious, because you can count the number of 7-3 MUs on almost one hand :(

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Who would you recommend? If Sub/Smoke/Reptile count than I could be gettin it in...
Well Cage covers all of Noobs bad mu's except for reptile and kabal. I use Raiden against reptile and kabal. Jax would be a nice secondary for noob as well.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Yeah I don't think the Raiden match up is a 7-3.

For Raiden, you have to restrain yourself from throwing out any projectiles at all. You just wait til he teleports in and punish him for it. If he throws a projectile you slam his ass. I'll stand there all day blocking if he's expecting me to throw a tackle/slide. I have no problem with that.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Yes, and while ive fought Raidens on level with the FOREVER clan, thats nothing compared to upmost tournament material.
I feel that Smoke is 5.5-4.5 in his favor, only because of the reset and Shake.
If it becomes a CQC game, Noob and Smoke dominate each other in different aspects.

It is a biblical match to fight, honestly.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yes, and while ive fought Raidens on level with the FOREVER clan, thats nothing compared to upmost tournament material.
If it becomes a CQC game, Noob and Smoke dominate each other in different aspects.

Noob vs smoke is def a 4-6. Theres no points at all. Yeah sure Noob can keep up with smokes pokes or what not but ur forgetting one thing tht smoke players don't use a lot, except cd jr and kt smith,which is smoke teleport.

The move where he turns to smoke and teleport either forward or backwards...yeah this fucks with noob a lot. Yo try and get in and its FOOOM FOOM FOOOOOM and he can turtle u like tht if he has the life lead. Try and throw a projectile hell just shake.

You can try teleslaming him out of it bu tif he anticipates it he can easily just block and punish you for another huge chunk of your life.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?

if i make good reads vs smoke im all like:REO
but if i make bad reads im all like:16Bit
sorry had to ..

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Please elaborate on the Smoke match up, Sage.
Once upon a time...

CQC: Smoke revolves around swift pokes because he has no low starter.
Thankfully, Noob has d3 in times of need.
Smoke can create the illusion of harm with frequent low pokes, causing opponents to block low.
He accels in poke mixups. Noob is, too, above average with this, but not on par with Smoke.
Noobs own mixups come from blockstrings and pokes.
Id say that Noob has the slight upper hand in the blockstring-mixup category,
but Smoke has it in the poke-mixup category.
*if it matters, Noobs throw is far better than Smokes.

Fullscreen: If predicted, Smoke can shake shadows on reaction/anticipation.
Note that i wrote "predicted." A smart Noob wont be predictable with projectiles, and will stay in an appropriate range.
In addition, Shadows are usually far too fast from 3/4 screen inward for a Smoke to Shake them tempore (on time).
Tackles/Slides negate the effect of a Smokebomb. If traded perfectly, Smoke cannot combo afterwards.

Noob has a superior corner game, Smoke (anywhere but the corner) has a higher damage output.
Add in the f4 lottery and it doesnt make things better.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Smoke, on hit of Tele, is guaranteed a free whiffed Tele after.
If he continues to do this, he can be foiled by Upknee.

iroku

Noob
whaat ??? smoke eats d4 like candy.You said it yourself it stuffs his telle and makes him mad! he starts doing that telle on jump dist its an upknee followed by 2 free tackles!! that FOOM FOOM FOOM ? i just mash d3!! no grab or poke from smoke beats that. but yea he turtles for free smoke bomb and meter. but smoke bomb doesnt chip.

Noob vs smoke is def a 4-6. Theres no points at all. Yeah sure Noob can keep up with smokes pokes or what not but ur forgetting one thing tht smoke players don't use a lot, except cd jr and kt smith,which is smoke teleport.

The move where he turns to smoke and teleport either forward or backwards...yeah this fucks with noob a lot. Yo try and get in and its FOOOM FOOM FOOOOOM and he can turtle u like tht if he has the life lead. Try and throw a projectile hell just shake.

You can try teleslaming him out of it bu tif he anticipates it he can easily just block and punish you for another huge chunk of your life.
I also play a Smoke who uses this tactic, but I'm not sure what I would call the match up. He will eventually get into the corner, and you have got to try to keep him there (it's hard when he can smoke out, also), but after playing this match over and over with a good smoke player, I really am unsure. It honestly doesn't feel that bad. It's just showing extreme patience, imo.

You're right, though, Hito. That Smoke away/towards is annoying, and I don't know 100% what can knock him out of it at close range. Can you just d3 him?

iroku

Noob
smokes d1 is 6 frames. it beats noobs d3 in a mash war, but his d1 is +1 on hit so its as much as neutral and -13 on block. smoke cloud + d1 is not smokes most viable option. he does have some 9 frame strings so besides a poke war theres not much noob can do.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I also play a Smoke who uses this tactic, but I'm not sure what I would call the match up. He will eventually get into the corner, and you have got to try to keep him there (it's hard when he can smoke out, also), but after playing this match over and over with a good smoke player, I really am unsure. It honestly doesn't feel that bad. It's just showing extreme patience, imo.

You're right, though, Hito. That Smoke away/towards is annoying, and I don't know 100% what can knock him out of it at close range. Can you just d3 him?
d3 range is & its quick but the hitbox wont catch him. D4 will but it starts up in 12 frames so tht wont work either.

Only thing you can do is projectile him or teleslam if u see it coming