What's new

General/Other GTTV Reveals Raven for Injustice: Gods Among Us

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
that is the weirdest thing ever - if Batman doesn't know Joker's real name - than he is not as good of a detective as everyone thinks he is :p
Theres a writer of the Justice league named Joseph Kur, might be how his name came to be. Or he saw a playing card lol.

The difference between the Joker and other Batman villains is you don't really know how he got to where he is, which adds a bit of mystery to him.

Actually, on the screenshot of Injustice from the Spanish Facebook page, Raven is on the left side w/ Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Latern, Nightwing, etc., not on the right side with Joker, Catwoman, Black Adam (probably), Bane, and the other bad guys. So it makes how evil she will be an interesting issue.

Also interesting is that they are split that way, not by Regime or Insurgency.

I can imagine a nice background story on Joker :D they should do it sometime!!
They had one. It was told by the Joker in The Killing Joke. This was also told to Hugo Strange in Arkham City. Both ended with a variation on the following phrase: "The way I figure it, if you're going to have an origin story, you're better off making it multiple choice."

Basically, Joker is so demented at this point he no longer remembers or even cares about his life prior to the acid bath. Any attempt to delve into that history would probably be met with fan venom the likes of which none have seen.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Batman fans would be pissed.
haha they don't need that to be pissed - they are always pissed :D
I would have to agree. I want it turned into an animated film. So long its the same team that did Batman: Year One. Amazing.
Read "Killing Joke" by Alan Moore, probably the best Joker comic IMHO. Awesome background story.
thank you- i'll see if i can find it or order it online
Theres a writer of the Justice league named Joseph Kur, might be how his name came to be. Or he saw a playing card lol.

The difference between the Joker and other Batman villains is you don't really know how he got to where he is, which adds a bit of mystery to him.
What is the purpose of a mystery if it is never going to be solved? Besides not knowing who real Joker is, is giving His-Overratedness Mr. The Greatest Detective of All Times a bad reputation lol

that is the weirdest thing ever - if Batman doesn't know Joker's real name - than he is not as good of a detective as everyone thinks he is :p
Joker is probably a drifter who eventually decided to settle in Gotham and only moves from HQ to HQ but mostly stays in the city. When you're a drifter it's easy to not leave clues of who you really are since moving so often means leaving so much personal belongings behind.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
haha they don't need that to be pissed - they are always pissed :D

thank you- i'll see if i can find it or order it online

What is the purpose of a mystery if it is never going to be solved? Besides not knowing who real Joker is, is giving His-Overratedness Mr. The Greatest Detective of All Times a bad reputation lol
What's with the Batman hate? What do you honestly have against the character, beyond his popularity being more than you think it should be(an ignorant reason to hate something)?

It all comes down to opinion, taste, and personak preference, sure...but I would love to hear your reasons for constantly insulting the character and mocking those who like the character.

Because honestly, if a character stands the test of time and remains not only relevant, but has only grown in popularity to a pop culture icon, over the past 70+ years...there's obviously something to this character that makes them compelling and lovable. He's not just some flavor of the month flash in the pan for companies to get money out of it's target audience, he's more than proven himself with some of the best comic book stories written, best rogues gallary, and some of the best movies and animated showings.

So please...enlighten me.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What's with the Batman hate? What do you honestly[/b] have against the character, beyond his popularity being more than you think it should be(an ignorant reason to hate something)?

It all comes down to opinion, taste, and personak preference, sure...but I would love to hear your reasons for constantly insulting the character and mocking those who like the character.

Because honestly, if a character stands the test of time and remains not only relevant, but has only grown in popularity to a pop culture icon, over the past 70+ years...there's obviously something to this character that makes them compelling and lovable. He's not just some flavor of the month flash in the pan for companies to get money out of it's target audience, he's more than proven himself with some of the best comic book stories written, best rogues gallary, and some of the best movies and animated showings.

So please...enlighten me.
Someone struck a chord :p

Batman is awesome, but he has plot armor like NOBODY else lol.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Someone struck a chord :p

Batman is awesome, but he has plot armor like NOBODY else lol.
Lol, I don't take it personally. I just find the "Batman is dumb because of how popular TDK trilogy" bandwagon that has been going around for the past few years ever since TDK made so much money and pulled in so many casual fans, quite childish. It's a cycle that goes with everything that becomes "too popular". People like it, then once too many people like it, all of a sudden it's not cool anymore, so they bash it as if it's the lamest most overrated thing ever. Eventually, the casual audience will move on, and then it will be "cool" enough to like again.

Just thought i'd see what his reasons are specifically. Not trying to come across as "YOU MUST LIKE teh BATMANS!!". Like whoever you want, but if you are going to hate on something, at least have legitimate reasons why, not just because it's the "in" thing to hate on Batman...

Wait, I'm confused now. So is it "in" to like Batman or "in" to not like Batman? I want to sit at the cool kids' lunch table.

Lol, I don't take it personally. I just find the "Batman is dumb because of how popular TDK trilogy" bandwagon that has been going around for the past few years ever since TDK made so much money and pulled in so many casual fans, quite childish. It's a cycle that goes with everything that becomes "too popular". People like it, then once too many people like it, all of a sudden it's not cool anymore, so they bash it as if it's the lamest most overrated thing ever. Eventually, the casual audience will move on, and then it will be "cool" enough to like again.

Just thought i'd see what his reasons are specifically. Not trying to come across as "YOU MUST LIKE teh BATMANS!!". Like whoever you want, but if you are going to hate on something, at least have legitimate reasons why, not just because it's the "in" thing to hate on Batman...

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member

Well your first mistake was to think that I HATE Batman - I don't hate any character in DC or Marvel, and I actually love the TDK movies especially the second one with Joker. So when i say he is overrated i am not talking about TDK - I speak generally - how many solos does he have - well i havn't counted but i think it must be at least 5. Which I think is absurd when there are characters that are being totally ignored, same would go for Superman :)
DC's movie history is also sad - Batman, Superman, Batman, Superman, Batman, Superman, Batman, Superman, they only have like Watchmen, 1 HORRIBLE Catwoman movie and apparantly 1 Aquaman and 1 not very good GL
now see this is where Marvel has the clear advantage - X-men, Wolverine, Avengers, Hulk, Iron-Man, Captain America, Fantastic 4, Blade, Elektra, Daredevil, Spiderman, Punisher and soon they are even gonna do an ANT-MAN movie - yes FREAKING ANT MAN and I hope the rumors are true and they are gonna do a Deadpool movie.
I am saying that if they put half, 1/4 of attention and effort that they put in their star characters like Batman and Superman into other characters - those characters can become quite famous too, but no instead they had to cancel YJ and GL to make another BATMAN animated series and Teen Titans Go (let me not even comment on teen titans go).
So while i think Batman is a very good character - I also think he is TOO much in everything DC does, even more than Superman actually.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
OK so guys i basically tweeted Injustice yesterday saying this
@InjusticeGame I am glad that @JaeRoar is getting Black Adam - I am sad that i am not getting MMH - guess will have to wait for DLC
and they replied me this
@midapollo Were either of those things officially announced? -
This gives me hope that not everything is black and white and that maybe MMH is in the game - i hope i am not acting in denial here lol and that maybe the select screen is not a final version ^_^

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
OK so guys i basically tweeted Injustice yesterday saying this
@InjusticeGame I am glad that @JaeRoar is getting Black Adam - I am sad that i am not getting MMH - guess will have to wait for DLC
and they replied me this
@midapollo Were either of those things officially announced? -
This gives me hope that not everything is black and white and that maybe MMH is in the game - i hope i am not acting in denial here lol and that maybe the select screen is not a final version ^_^
if there are only 24 characters there is no MMH
if there are more than 24 characters he has a small chance but I doubt it Boon asked if we wanted MMH or Zoom for dlc kinda kills is chances imo

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
if there are only 24 characters there is no MMH
if there are more than 24 characters he has a small chance but I doubt it Boon asked if we wanted MMH or Zoom for dlc kinda kills is chances imo
coz they seem to put the accent on things being OFFICIALLY announced - maybe it means that some things we see are not fully done ?
I don't know - I think i am starting to become Paranoid and Delusional :D

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
coz they seem to put the accent on things being OFFICIALLY announced - maybe it means that some things we see are not fully done ?
I don't know - I think i am starting to become Paranoid and Delusional :D
thing is we have 12 officially announced heroes on the left side of the screen and the right side of the screen is villains which have 10 officially announced characters
of there are only 24 slots the rest to be announced will be villains although I doubt we will only be getting 24 characters