What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Im not sure if its mentioned any where but did you all know that d4 punchwalk is a true blockstring?
Funny you mention this because I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Up close d4xxpw doesn't jail, but close to max range of the d4 it does. Really, really good to know tbh. Especially once people start trying to armour your d1 or d3 pw's, jailing with d4xxpw could punish them for trying to armour.

Funny you mention this because I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Up close d4xxpw doesn't jail, but close to max range of the d4 it does. Really, really good to know tbh. Especially once people start trying to armour your d1 or d3 pw's, jailing with d4xxpw could punish them for trying to armour.
If you hold block you're never punished for trying to armor

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
It sucks but considering one of our best moves is literally armor central we'd be complaining against our best tools.

Speaking of I must learn it better.

And just play better in general.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
The worst is that Kuatan's mainline feature, the ground stomp was given to Tremor in all three variants. I mean, not the same character and all that, but if you're playing KW you should probably be giving Tremor a spin just in case.

Wish they'd done more with it. Chest Lunge/Charge is cool and all but for -12 on block and a high I expected a goddamn launcher.

Actually, I looked at this myself and unless I'm mistaken, d4's max range is at round start. Going in training and immediately doing d4 xx punchwalk = the opponent can armor out, BUUUUUUUUUUUUT if you inch forward just barely, it's 100% guaranteed.

The really cool thing about this is, you can easily replicate this spacing with f212+4 and get the guaranteed punchwalk cancel. So f212+4 kinda has a use now sorta? I'm actually kinda excited about this and hope it's a thing lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The worst is that Kuatan's mainline feature, the ground stomp was given to Tremor in all three variants. I mean, not the same character and all that, but if you're playing KW you should probably be giving Tremor a spin just in case.

Wish they'd done more with it. Chest Lunge/Charge is cool and all but for -12 on block and a high I expected a goddamn launcher.
Well I coincidentally I also main Tremor(and Kotal, I got a nice trio going) and I agree.

---

I'm sure it's old news but even though f212+4 is slow as shit, I find that it's a great spacing tool on block(safe) and does a good chunk of damage on hit, where even that last delayed hit(which'll catch even slides trying to punish the string gap) does 11% raw. I often use to to catch people trying to get up without a good and/or armored wake-up by doing it and then d4'ing immediately into punchwalk, all of which does decent chip.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The really cool thing about this is, you can easily replicate this spacing with f212+4 and get the guaranteed punchwalk cancel. So f212+4 kinda has a use now sorta? I'm actually kinda excited about this and hope it's a thing lol.
Well fuck, I guess it wasn't old news.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I need neutral tips. I know his good buttons like f3, 11, his down pokes. But overall I feel really hindered by his slow movement. I played against cassie and her being quicker and have good pokes just makes neutral so . . . . Unsure. How do you compensate for his suck speed. I'm playing Tigrar Fury btw.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I need neutral tips. I know his good buttons like f3, 11, his down pokes. But overall I feel really hindered by his slow movement. I played against cassie and her being quicker and have good pokes just makes neutral so . . . . Unsure. How do you compensate for his suck speed. I'm playing Tigrar Fury btw.
Thats goros downside he is fucking great once he gets in, with an 8 frame command grab, good armored specials, good pokes, plus strings. But his slow movement you cant really compensate for, in tigrar at least you have decent zoning against alot of the cast, so thats good, and you can use reg or exx stomp to get in, and if they backdash use far low fireball.

Status
Not open for further replies.