What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

E

Eldriken

The bosses definitely need tweaking. They're merely bullet sponges. No phases or anything.

Just adds and lots of health.

But like I said, I'm enjoying it. Almost 22.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
That's probably planning for the francise more than the single game.

But they're definately supporting the shit out of Destiny for at least a year , probably 2 if DLC sells well.

Only thing i'd really want is better strategy / teamwork based bosses like an MMORPG.

I really don't have a problem with the amount of content ( and we already know they're gonna expand that ) , i played the shit out of a game called Monster Hunter when ps2/psp were out and you know what?They were kinda barebones contentwise but the game itself was tight , hard as fuck and bosses were cool. And that series was awesome and one of the best multiplayer experiences i've had since forever , i'm getting the same feeling from Destiny ( but this time it's a shooter instead of an action game ).
I bodied Lagiacrus free.

GG no Re(thalos)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What's the verdict on this game? My brother got it yesterday and I am wondering whether to play it or not.

mfkaoz

Banned
What's the verdict on this game? My brother got it yesterday and I am wondering whether to play it or not.
It's a lot of fun but the story is really lacking. I haven't even gotten on pvp yet I've just been playing through the story missions to level up.
A solid 7/10 at least but if you don't care about the story it's closer to 8 or 9.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
As an MMO shooter: 8/10
As a story: 3/10
Net code: 10/10
Class variations/unique playstyles: 7/10
Voice acting: -67/10
Difficulty past lvl 20: 10/10
PvP: 5/10

Overall: 7.5/10

The game will be significantly better once raid gear, raids, higher item levels, and addional classes are introduced.

Some of the most fun I have had was running an iLevel 27 strike and the Glass Vault raid on the 16th is sure to be a blast.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Is he the voice of the Ghost? If so I agree 150%.
Yep. He is also Terion Lanister from Game of Thrones. Once again we see that good acting DOES NOT equal good voice acting.

He is so bad in this that in supposed tense moments I would lmfao at the terrible tones he put forward

Fractured_Shadow

Also it is official, Defender Titan and Blade Dancer Hunters are the best PvP classes while Defender Titan and Sunsinger Warlocks are the best PvE classes.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's a lot of fun but the story is really lacking. I haven't even gotten on pvp yet I've just been playing through the story missions to level up.
A solid 7/10 at least but if you don't care about the story it's closer to 8 or 9.
I mostly play games for story lol. Ill probably try it out anyway.

Fractured_Shadow

The bosses definitely need tweaking. They're merely bullet sponges. No phases or anything.

When you get to iLevel 26 raids the entire game changes.

You do not respawn, you must be revived by a teammate, Leroy Jenkins can cause a wipe quickly, bosses start at highest aggro, and the adds are insane.

However I agree that most bosses are just bullet sponges and as long as you have a Defender Titan you can beat pretty much everything free.

cyke_out

Noob
How to know of you will like this game?

Do you like halo? Not the story or world, but the feel of the shooting style.

Do you like diablo? Looting and co oping and grinding for gear and replaying dungeons over again.

For me, as long as the game play is fun then I will love a game. A story is done after you finish it, but good gameplay lasts forever. Running strikes and pvp just feels so good and smooth.

E

Eldriken

When you get to iLevel 26 raids the entire game changes.

You do not respawn, you must be revived by a teammate, Leroy Jenkins can cause a wipe quickly, bosses start at highest aggro, and the adds are insane.

However I agree that most bosses are just bullet sponges and as long as you have a Defender Titan you can beat pretty much everything free.
I'm looking forward to the 16th to see what raiding is like in this game.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
It took me a while to get the basics of this game down, but am loving it.
there is so much I love and hate about it.
I fucking love warlock, I love magic and shit
what's the most broken PvP gun?
Am looking for something to take me back to cod Black ops galil l0l
I love the map designs
How do fusion rifles work?
I got a few ones, seem to be decent by the stats.
am so clueless

I'm on PS3. Have a 13 Titan and a 10 Warlock.
am level 8 or 9 warlock.
I need someone to do strike missions with, haven't done any yet :(
Would be nice to have someone holding my hand on crucible l0l

Fractured_Shadow

what's the most broken PvP gun?
Am looking for something to take me back to cod Black ops galil
Best gun for PvP would be a toss up between pulse rifle or auto rifles. It isnt the selct fire (3 round burst or full auto) that makes them good but it is the abilites they possess at level light level 30. Mine heals me when I kill things lol and gets more accurate the longer I shoot.

Best PvP class is Blade Dancer byyyyy far. Blade Dancer Hunter is the Kabal of Destiny PvP and Defender Titan is the Cyrax.

Best class for PvE is Defender Titan.

Best armor so far is a toss up between crucible armor and raid armor. Below that (like right below) is Vangaurd armor and then below that is your exotic armors.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Gameplay is phenomenal so far, as far as control, response, and fluidity.

Yeah, boss fights are nothing but tedious and annoying. The bosses don't require strategy or you to have skill... just camp and try not to die while the boss has nearly infinite health. That's not fun, that's poor design.

E

Eldriken

Only up til 1/15/2015 (Which is my birthday =O) and I don't even know if I'll get a Xb1 by then.

Also omg we should totally play together when I get out of the level gutter.
Dude, you can get the free upgrade through Xbox.com the second you buy the digital version. By doing that, it's in your transaction history indefinitely. It never expires that way. ;)