What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Main storyline is pretty short. Already beat it and I work full time. Game is awesome though. The main reason people are hating is because of all the hype. I'm going to wait awhile before I give it a proper review. Hmu on xb1 tonight if you wanna play.
Main story is a moot point. Unlocking the Vangaurd Strikes is what it was designed around.

Hell really everything you do up until you obtain Light Level 20-29 is like a tutorial lol. The most fun I have had is running level 28 Strikes in search of that baller Lengendary gear....

On a side note, holy fucking shit playing as a Defender Titan is beast. If played correctly they are easily the best PvE coop class. With my upgraded melee shield I am like impossible to kill.... drawing aggro for daaayyys and resing fools like it is cool. Not to mention when enemy's decide to walk into The Ward of Dawn, or as I like to call it, THE THUNDERDOME. Bitches get punched to death because of my over shield lol.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Game is fucking awesome. Did a little TOO many crucible bounties though so I'm level 19 without beating the moon yet. Almost got a full stock of nothing but blues.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Main story is a moot point. Unlocking the Vangaurd Strikes is what it was designed around.

Hell really everything you do up until you obtain Light Level 20-29 is like a tutorial lol. The most fun I have had is running level 28 Strikes in search of that baller Lengendary gear....

On a side note, holy fucking shit playing as a Defender Titan is beast. If played correctly they are easily the best PvE coop class. With my upgraded melee shield I am like impossible to kill.... drawing aggro for daaayyys and resing fools like it is cool. Not to mention when enemy's decide to walk into The Ward of Dawn, or as I like to call it, THE THUNDERDOME. Bitches get punched to death because of my over shield lol.
See this is why I'm underwhelmed, story for me is absolutely NOT a moot point. I don't like the whole design mentality around "oh no wait the fun really starts after you beat the game". That's backwards as hell for me. It's still good and I'm still playing, just not sure for how long.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Game is fucking awesome. Did a little TOO many crucible bounties though so I'm level 19 without beating the moon yet. Almost got a full stock of nothing but blues.
fuck you bitch.
I need some glimmer in my life
I feel like am fighting with a baby gun
looks like nobody plays it on ps3 :(

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
So got myself to level 10 tonight. Running a hunter class with handguns. To be successful in this game I highly recommend a good scout rifle, sniper, and an auto or machine gun that can be easily accessed and swapped as the situation permits.

Haven't touched crucible yet... but all in good time.

This game is my new addiction.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Hey, so once you hit 20 how do you level up your sub class tree? Does the experience go towards that instead of leveling up?

Rickyraws

Hey, so once you hit 20 how do you level up your sub class tree? Does the experience go towards that instead of leveling up?
You have to equip that subclass and gain XP. Best way to do this is to pick up bounties and turn them in with that class equipped. Do the same for weapons you want to upgrade but not use: use your current class and weapons, complete bounties, then BEFORE turning the bounties in equip your subclass and weapons so that THEY level up without you having to be a weak low level subclass and suffering to level up

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
/offtopic

Asking TYM people; Does this game warrant a ps4 purchase?

edit: To clarify, I want to buy a PS4 anyway for Bloodborne next year, but they're giving away Destiny for free right now with a ps4 console purchase and I was thinking of buying it now (since this game won't release on PC and I don't wanna play it on previous-gen consoles).

Last edited:

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
Don't know if you guys are interested or not, but my bro has been playing and I'll be joining him next week (gotta get da monies from the man y'know?). But he gets on most weeknights cause of the late shift so if you wanted to check out his vids, you are more than welcome to jump in there those nights.

Here's a video from earlier tonight.
http://www.twitch.tv/wolfenmcgunz/b/567735882

Maybe pointers can be given to him to help him out with multiplayer.

mfkaoz

Banned
/offtopic

Asking TYM people; Does this game warrant a ps4 purchase?

edit: To clarify, I want to buy a PS4 anyway for Bloodborne next year, but they're giving away Destiny for free right now with a ps4 console purchase and I was thinking of buying it now (since this game won't release on PC and I don't wanna play it on previous-gen consoles).
After about 6 or so hours with it I do think it's worth it. The story is definitely lacking but the gameplay more than makes up for it. If you have some buddies to play with it'll make everything that much more fun.

What class and level is everyone? I'm currently a level 9 Titan. I'm thinking about switching to a Hunter though.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Game is beast. I'll be on for hours and hours tonight. Just hit level 20 with my Hinter class and I'm almost done story.

Strikes are my favorite part of the game so far. Hours and hours and hours of fun so far just from those.

PVP is fun and I'm still getting the hang of it but getting better.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This game is DEF. not made to play by yourself.
Sure it is fun doing the PvP

but the storyline, the strikes, etc etc are all built to have 1 of each class participate.
Hell even playing with just 2 people, you'll notice a huge difference in the overall experience. The AI acts in accordance to who's a threat... which actually lets you tactically fight through maps, and not just go guns ablazing.
The Strikes are unforgiving as anything in the game

I think the story is bleh... and that sucks. Id' def. like for the story to be expanded upon with the DLC... and it probably will be.

PvP right now is chaotic because people are still learning what to actually do. Because you can just sprint EVERYWHERE...... people are tending to just ditch all long/midrange weapons.

I've been super duper killing it with just a pulse rifle and a shotgun on most maps. The great thing about the game .... as well as the downfall right now... are that headshots are SO REWARDING. No matter what gun.... headshots just blow up opponents. Body shots do jack all with just about every gun.
However, because targets are moving at RAPID paces as well as having the ability to double jump in a direction, and or WARP and or throw up a shield........ things get tricky when trying to snag a target at range.

Crathen

Death is my business
Absolutely not. 6/10 game. But if you're getting one anyways, you might as well buy it now so that you have an extra game.
Dem Polygons reviews.

It's nowhere near as that bad , it's actually awesome , sure it's nothing really "new" but the mechanics are fun and fluid , also do mind that they'll support the shit out of it through DLC / Patches.

E

Eldriken

Dem Polygons reviews.

It's nowhere near as that bad , it's actually awesome , sure it's nothing really "new" but the mechanics are fun and fluid , also do mind that they'll support the shit out of it through DLC / Patches.
From what I've heard, they apparently have a 10 year plan for Destiny. I've seen nothing directly from them, so I'm not saying it's true. But if that's the case, it WOULD explain why it's so bare bones at the moment.

I'm enjoying the game a great deal, mind you. It's just annoying seeing the same enemies/landscapes all day, every day.

I really hope the raid coming out on the 16th really spices things up.

mfkaoz

Banned
The gameplay definitely makes up for the lack of story. Even with the repetitive enemies/environments I just have so much fun shooting shit. The Titan basically having Jax's ground pound is also really fucking hype. I love just letting all my enemies get in the same area and taking them all out in one fell swoop with it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
obv I know I'll end up finding out eventually, but does it have a rogue type char? i'm a cowardly stealth killer:cool:

Rickyraws

Been melting faces in PVP and Warlocking it up in PVE.

Also leveling up my Sunsinger subclass. Dem 2 second grenade refills ...

Level 21 and only just set foot on Venus. Thought I screwed my self story wise by making the game too easy due to my level. THANK GOODNESS they've got level 20 and above story missions that open up when you reach the cap.

At the rate I'm going I could start and max out another character and not even be bored with the game. Ton of strikes and story missions I've yet to see, simply because of crucible and bounties.

Crathen

Death is my business
From what I've heard, they apparently have a 10 year plan for Destiny. I've seen nothing directly from them, so I'm not saying it's true. But if that's the case, it WOULD explain why it's so bare bones at the moment.

I'm enjoying the game a great deal, mind you. It's just annoying seeing the same enemies/landscapes all day, every day.

I really hope the raid coming out on the 16th really spices things up.
That's probably planning for the francise more than the single game.

But they're definately supporting the shit out of Destiny for at least a year , probably 2 if DLC sells well.

Only thing i'd really want is better strategy / teamwork based bosses like an MMORPG.

I really don't have a problem with the amount of content ( and we already know they're gonna expand that ) , i played the shit out of a game called Monster Hunter when ps2/psp were out and you know what?They were kinda barebones contentwise but the game itself was tight , hard as fuck and bosses were cool. And that series was awesome and one of the best multiplayer experiences i've had since forever , i'm getting the same feeling from Destiny ( but this time it's a shooter instead of an action game ).