What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

mfkaoz

Banned
In the mmo world, they generally charge a monthly fee to play. They input mechanics like grinding for gears to keep you playing (and paying) every month. It's a time sink and nothing more. Casuals will generally avoid it but hardcores will do it keeping in mind the goal of end-game content.
I just wish the grind was more worth doing though. Once you hit 20 it becomes super tedious grinding for loot because 95% of the stuff you pick up doesnt benefit you. Not only that but the drops are so rare and far apart unless you use a farming location like on Earth. The reward does not match the amount of work you gotta put in.

Bad Genez

Green
I am so hella late to this threat but can we still join the group? I need people to Raid and run crucible lobbies with ): I'm on dat yung Xbox One if that makes a difference

Edit: Also I'm reading lots about grinding and farming. Is no one actually playing Crucible for the gear? The rewards from that are much better than any farming I've done so far. I've got about 8 Legendary equips at this point (granted, 2 of them aren't for my class)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I am so hella late to this threat but can we still join the group? I need people to Raid and run crucible lobbies with ): I'm on dat yung Xbox One if that makes a difference

Edit: Also I'm reading lots about grinding and farming. Is no one actually playing Crucible for the gear? The rewards from that are much better than any farming I've done so far. I've got about 8 Legendary equips at this point (granted, 2 of them aren't for my class)
Yeah the guys farming don't like PvP

I've played probably half if not a quarter as much as farmers and probably have just as equal gear... just not as many.

To each his own in this respect. I don't mind doing Control in the Crucible.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

Yeah I think Crucible is the way to go for endgame gear honestly. PVE is just suuuuuuper tedious beyond doing dailies/weekly Strikes and the occasional just "for funzies" Strike. PVP is at least dynamic gameplay and can reward you even if you lose. I think that's what I'm going to switch to. It's just dominated by Hunter/Shotgunners at the moment and that left a really bad taste in my mouth.

E

Eldriken

Yeah the guys farming don't like PvP

I've played probably half if not a quarter as much as farmers and probably have just as equal gear... just not as many.

To each his own in this respect. I don't mind doing Control in the Crucible.
I've spent probably a grand total of 8 hours farming the Earth farming spot and I only need a legendary helmet to be decked out in full legendaries. That's not too bad if you ask me.

So, if you've only played two or four hours of PvP and are fully decked out, you got super lucky.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Speaking of your Armor stat...it's something that REALLY annoys me.

Why is it that my Armor rating is like 50x higher than it was at the beginning of the game.
Your character must get scaled down to some degree because I'm spamming level 12 Phogoth and he still takes a little while and can still kill me quite quick.

Bad Genez

Green
I've spent probably a grand total of 8 hours farming the Earth farming spot and I only need a legendary helmet to be decked out in full legendaries. That's not too bad if you ask me.

So, if you've only played two or four hours of PvP and are fully decked out, you got super lucky.
I've only played a total of 14 hours, story, strikes, and bounty time included. I've completed my legendary set, save for the helmet as well, and have a full set of legendary weapons including the Exotic shotgun so I mean, it would seem that it's a bit quicker in comparison but I can't really be absolutely sure.

@Saboteur-6 The shotgun gets whored quite a bit in Crucible, but Clash makes it a little less so since there are no objectives to be taken, so you can stay out in open space as much as you see fit. I think it's a bit of an issue though as well

E

Eldriken

Your character must get scaled down to some degree because I'm spamming level 12 Phogoth and he still takes a little while and can still kill me quite quick.
It must be something like that, which is quite stupid. If we want to do lower level content, we shouldn't get penalized for it. :| Or, if this is the case, it should be indicated as such upon entering, y'know?

I've only played a total of 14 hours, story, strikes, and bounty time included. I've completed my legendary set, save for the helmet as well, and have a full set of legendary weapons including the Exotic shotgun so I mean, it would seem that it's a bit quicker in comparison but I can't really be absolutely sure.

@Saboteur-6 The shotgun gets whored quite a bit in Crucible, but Clash makes it a little less so since there are no objectives to be taken, so you can stay out in open space as much as you see fit. I think it's a bit of an issue though as well
It's all a matter of RNG (luck), really. Some people may not have the same results as you, myself or anyone else. All that matters is what works best for you (and them), right? =D So long as you're having fun.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

Yeah good point, I've been sticking with Capture predominantly. Invis / Shotgun / CQC = RAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!! Also slide // shotgun looks hella swag. Sometimes I don't even get pissed about it....sometimes.

Bad Genez

Green
It must be something like that, which is quite stupid. If we want to do lower level content, we shouldn't get penalized for it. :| Or, if this is the case, it should be indicated as such upon entering, y'know?

It's all a matter of RNG (luck), really. Some people may not have the same results as you, myself or anyone else. All that matters is what works best for you (and them), right? =D So long as you're having fun.
trudat trudat, I just feel like with the time you spend grinding you could have 100 Crucible marks by the end of the day and a Legendary in your hands, but it's whatever you prefer. I enjoy the crucible, and i'd rather enjoy the game than play it how someone else wants me to. Grind on, grinders. You're the real MVPs

E

Eldriken

trudat trudat, I just feel like with the time you spend grinding you could have 100 Crucible marks by the end of the day and a Legendary in your hands, but it's whatever you prefer. I enjoy the crucible, and i'd rather enjoy the game than play it how someone else wants me to. Grind on, grinders. You're the real MVPs
Another reason I do this farming method is because it levels up my Cryptarch relatively fast. When you get 2-3 levels a day on him, it really increases your chances of getting legendaries, Strange Coins, Ascendant Shards, Motes of Light, etc.

Bad Genez

Green
Another reason I do this farming method is because it levels up my Cryptarch relatively fast. When you get 2-3 levels a day on him, it really increases your chances of getting legendaries, Strange Coins, Ascendant Shards, Motes of Light, etc.
I was actually really curious as to what the levels on the Cryptarch meant (I haven't done any research on it, which I probably should've.) Does that actually increase the drop or decryption chance of getting Motes and Shards? If so, i'm so salty right now. I would've been farming ages ago. I missed out on the Exotics because i didn't have enough strange coins last week :(

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah good point, I've been sticking with Capture predominantly. Invis / Shotgun / CQC = RAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!! Also slide // shotgun looks hella swag. Sometimes I don't even get pissed about it....sometimes.
it is funny

because I typically set up shop OUTSIDE objectives and don't really worry about the shotgunners. I like the added bonus points of "protecting" a zone when they go barreling in. Some maps you don't have a choice (in any game type) and others are much better laid out for each type of site line.

Yes I get ragey when EVERYONE just says fuck it and goes shotgun. But then all it takes is a freaking Defense Titan to really fuck that all up.

But like @Bad Genez, i REALLY enjoy the PvP and the rewards I get from it. The random engrams as well as all the points for my faction. I basically know how I play right now, so I picked the faction with the weapon I wanted first. Level it up.... then move on. I don't get bored and sometimes you get the added bonus of having good teammates.

I still personally think that the game is 1000000x more fun with teammates regardless. It is just built to have all 3 classes working in tandem. I'm so close to having my Hunter be able to go invisible while crouching.... which is totally gonna level up my sniping.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So those of you with endgame gear, are you capping your skills (Str/Disc/Int) at 100%? As it stands, it seems to me like capped Str and Int is the way to go for pretty much every class. Grenades just don't seem as impactful and versatile enough to warrant a focus. If they could be specc'd more for crowd control (slow grenade) or enemy debuff (corrosive grenade) I could see more of an emphasis outside of the basic burst AoE damage.

E

Eldriken

I was actually really curious as to what the levels on the Cryptarch meant (I haven't done any research on it, which I probably should've.) Does that actually increase the drop or decryption chance of getting Motes and Shards? If so, i'm so salty right now. I would've been farming ages ago. I missed out on the Exotics because i didn't have enough strange coins last week :(
Leveling him up gets you something in the mail that has a high chance of being multiple legendary items when you retrieve it.

Apparently he caps out at 99 according to someone who dug through the game's code. Lots of rewards to be had.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
So those of you with endgame gear, are you capping your skills (Str/Disc/Int) at 100%? As it stands, it seems to me like capped Str and Int is the way to go for pretty much every class. Grenades just don't seem as impactful and versatile enough to warrant a focus. If they could be specc'd more for crowd control (slow grenade) or enemy debuff (corrosive grenade) I could see more of an emphasis outside of the basic burst AoE damage.
I'm not sure about the other guardians, but being a titan I do like adding to my grenade buff. Most do well in objective game modes. Flashbangs, suppressor grenades, that suppress guardian abilities. I like using the grenades that keep exploding over time (think its called the spike grenade). It give me a fighting chance if I'm caught off guard and they ran through it or if I want to go grab an objective I also have a fighting chance. That's my take though. For at least pvp.

E

Eldriken

We farmed that place for almost 3 hours yesterday and I got maybe 20 blues and a shitload of greens. :(
Look at it like this: 20 blues = guaranteed rank increase for your Cryptarch, which can in turn give you some legendary Engrams. Which, yet again, helps you increase your Cryptarch's rank. Legendary Engrams give 350 points towards the required 3000 to rank up. Depending on how close he is to ranking up for you, 20 blue Engrams and whatever you get after he ranks up could get him to rank up once or possibly even twice.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Look at it like this: 20 blues = guaranteed rank increase for your Cryptarch, which can in turn give you some legendary Engrams. Which, yet again, helps you increase your Cryptarch's rank. Legendary Engrams give 350 points towards the required 3000 to rank up. Depending on how close he is to ranking up for you, 20 blue Engrams and whatever you get after he ranks up could get him to rank up once or possibly even twice.
besides the fact that you don't like the PvP you say all the stuff I think.
There is typically always a bright side to look at in this game. You also have to remember that the Engrams you don't want turn into stuff you can salvage for future purchases and upgrades. You need weapons parts to upgrade guns later on.... as well as whatever material your specific armor is made of. Plus the glimmer.

So yeah.... it isn't all for nothing.

E

Eldriken

besides the fact that you don't like the PvP you say all the stuff I think.
There is typically always a bright side to look at in this game. You also have to remember that the Engrams you don't want turn into stuff you can salvage for future purchases and upgrades. You need weapons parts to upgrade guns later on.... as well as whatever material your specific armor is made of. Plus the glimmer.

So yeah.... it isn't all for nothing.
I just wish salvaged blues had a chance at giving Spirit Blooms and items like that. I need a shit ton of Helium Filaments to upgrade my chest and boots and they are such a bitch to farm.

I need about 80 or so to upgrade them.

The upgrades are available, I just don't have the materials.

Bad Genez

Green
it's true, there is always an upside, but i am enjoying the Crucible most out of everything at the moment. with a coordinate team, it's almost pure domination and that just gets me all giddy, nothing like taking a Control match 20,000 to 4,000.

Edit: Farming Helium filaments was pretty quick for me, you just have to know the spots. they spawn relatively close to each other in designated spots, and there's a formula to the chests (which usually hold more than normal). For every 3 caves, there's a chest, just ne diligent!

Justice

Noob
As a Void Wizard main I'm going all in on my grenades since I like to sit back behind the tank and "nuke" with my grenades and Sniper Rifle. Also, I get abilities where h2h powers my grenades and vice versa.

E

Eldriken

it's true, there is always an upside, but i am enjoying the Crucible most out of everything at the moment. with a coordinate team, it's almost pure domination and that just gets me all giddy, nothing like taking a Control match 20,000 to 4,000.

Edit: Farming Helium filaments was pretty quick for me, you just have to know the spots. they spawn relatively close to each other in designated spots, and there's a formula to the chests (which usually hold more than normal). For every 3 caves, there's a chest, just ne diligent!
It just annoys me that they so sparse compared to the rest.

If they were as easy to find as Relic Iron and Spirit Blooms, I'd be happy. =P

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Second exotic bounty and my final stage is to kill 10k people in crucible this game man.

Edit: Apparently its 10k points and I guessed wrong at kills again.