What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken, I still must be doing something wrong. I kill the Fallen spawn near the garage-type area on the hill right behind the cave. Some Hive pop out, I kill all of them....then the garage guys spawn again and I don't see anymore Hive until I kill the garage guys again. What am I doing wrong?
Are you making sure you keep your distance from the cave? If you're too close, they won't spawn.

Also, the Vandals don't need to be bothered with. Just kill all the Hive enemies behind the cave and slightly to the right of it. Then get in front of the cave and walk backwards until they start spawning.

Kill them while walking backwards some more until you're a fair distance from the mouth of the cave.

If any Hive (Acolytes and Thralls) get away, you have to go kill them and start the process over.

Also, make sure you're using a scout rifle. Other weapons make it harder.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Are you making sure you keep your distance from the cave? If you're too close, they won't spawn.

Also, the Vandals don't need to be bothered with. Just kill all the Hive enemies behind the cave and slightly to the right of it. Then get in front of the cave and walk backwards until they start spawning.

Kill them while walking backwards some more until you're a fair distance from the mouth of the cave.

If any Hive (Acolytes and Thralls) get away, you have to go kill them and start the process over.

Also, make sure you're using a scout rifle. Other weapons make it harder.
Yeah I was fairly close. That might've been it. Will try again, thanks man.

E

Eldriken

I've gotten at least 25 blue Engrams in total by doing this. It's far more effective with at least 2 people.

E

Eldriken

Another legendary!

And I got three more for ranking up ny Cryptarch again.

One was a legendary auto rifle. Ohhh, I love this place.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Another legendary!

And I got three more for ranking up ny Cryptarch again.

One was a legendary auto rifle. Ohhh, I love this place.
Nice! Yeah I haven't got much yet but I still think I'm doing it wrong. I can get them to spawn consistently but it's usually just 3 Hive acolytes that keep spawning. I've got a few Blue engrams but it's mostly been Green armor drops.

E

Eldriken

Nice! Yeah I haven't got much yet but I still think I'm doing it wrong. I can get them to spawn consistently but it's usually just 3 Hive acolytes that keep spawning. I've got a few Blue engrams but it's mostly been Green armor drops.
Move further back to make more spawn.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So I keep doing vanguard bounties and my vanguard rank hasn't increased at all. I've turned in like 4 and it's still at 1477/1500

E

Eldriken

Im so hype to try this place out. 2 more hours until I'm out of work :)
Make sure you bring someone along with you for better efficiency.

Make sure to use a scout rifle, too. Nothing else is as efficient.

Blind_Ducky

So i was grinding at that cave and some message popped up & like hundreds of hive enemies came flooding out of the cave. Also the fallen guys came over to attack too.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I've tried that too.
The most effective way to gain Vanguard rank is to grind the Moon Patrol. Do the first 3 missions that are right in front of you and then go to orbit. Rinse/Repeat.

You can also get into a fire team and take turns with the grind. The fireteam leader can do all the work while the otger memeber eat or whatever. Me and my fire team were able to grind Vanguard rank 3 in about 4 hours.

It is inevitable that you will need to do this because level 24 is the sticking point for gear. You wont be able to effectivly play higher level raids for gear (Glass Vault) but nothing will drop better gear consistantly.

Blind_Ducky

The most effective way to gain Vanguard rank is to grind the Moon Patrol. Do the first 3 missions that are right in front of you and then go to orbit. Rinse/Repeat.

You can also get into a fire team and take turns with the grind. The fireteam leader can do all the work while the otger memeber eat or whatever. Me and my fire team were able to grind Vanguard rank 3 in about 4 hours.

It is inevitable that you will need to do this because level 24 is the sticking point for gear. You wont be able to effectivly play higher level raids for gear (Glass Vault) but nothing will drop better gear consistantly.
The problem is my vanguard rank isn't increasing at all. It has been at 1477/1500 points level 0 forever. I keep turning in things and doing things that say they give me vanguard reputation points and it's still not increasing.

mfkaoz

Banned
I just finished a strike and only got one blue engram that ended up being an uncommon item. I swear the grind in this game is not worth it. 40 minutes of killing bullet sponges should offer better reward.

E

Eldriken

I just finished a strike and only got one blue engram that ended up being an uncommon item. I swear the grind in this game is not worth it. 40 minutes of killing bullet sponges should offer better reward.
Spend 40 minutes doing that farming method I posted earlier.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
To everyone:

Gonna be doing that skywatch grinding for a couple hours starting 11:00pm EST
Get at me if you want in on the action.