What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

Andromeda

I am Bard
I got this game over the weekend and began playing (and started streaming towards the middle of my playthrough). I started as a warlock because it seemed like the better of classes. Gonna try to do a hunter next and start streaming again with that character.

However, am I done with the story after destroying the heart? Doesn't seem like there's anything to do now except for the harder missions, patrols, and the multiplayer fights.

TKB

Noob
I got this game over the weekend and began playing (and started streaming towards the middle of my playthrough). I started as a warlock because it seemed like the better of classes. Gonna try to do a hunter next and start streaming again with that character.

However, am I done with the story after destroying the heart? Doesn't seem like there's anything to do now except for the harder missions, patrols, and the multiplayer fights.
That is the end of the main storyline, however the big focuses in this game are the PvP game modes and the multiplayer co-op Vanguard strikes. They will also be releasing expansions. You're nowhere near finished yet. :)

Andromeda

I am Bard
Yeah I'm thrilled for the expansions so I cannot wait for that!

I have yet to touch the PvP stuff because I wanted to get through the story first. So I guess now my focus will be on that as well as leveling my other character up. Sweet :)

Reactions: TKB

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Im trying to put together a TYM PSN team to run Glass Vault.

Requirments are:

1. Not a scrub (it is hard, really hard)
2. Must be iLevel 26+
3. Must have Skype or a mic (skype is better)
4. Class Skill Tree completed (running with half assed classes is pretty useless)

The run is pretty brutal but loads of fun. The gear that drops here is better than anywhere else however the raid requires a ton of teamwork (hence why the game prevents matchmaking to spare you from the derps).

I am looking to start the raid Saturday (it is a 6+ hour battle) which will give everyone plenty of time to obtain enough coins, Xur to spawn again, get 100 vanguard and crucible marks, become geared properly, complete their class tree, and complete the exotic bounty hunts.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Im trying to put together a TYM PSN team to run Glass Vault.

Requirments are:

1. Not a scrub (it is hard, really hard)
2. Must be iLevel 26+
3. Must have Skype or a mic (skype is better)
4. Class Skill Tree completed (running with half assed classes is pretty useless)

The run is pretty brutal but loads of fun. The gear that drops here is better than anywhere else however the raid requires a ton of teamwork (hence why the game prevents matchmaking to spare you from the derps).

I am looking to start the raid Saturday (it is a 6+ hour battle) which will give everyone plenty of time to obtain enough coins, Xur to spawn again, get 100 vanguard and crucible marks, become geared properly, complete their class tree, and complete the exotic bounty hunts.
You cannot survive without Rickyraws in your party

mfkaoz

Banned
Crucible is way easier to gain loot than doing strikes. I still get rare items while getting my ass handed to me in a quarter of the time lol.

Reactions: TKB

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm finding that leveling up beyond level 20 is quite the royal pain in the ass... -_-

Fractured_Shadow

So what's the best way to start earning light level gear? I'm approaching lvl 20 with my 3 classes.
To consistantly have access to higher level gear grind out 3 ranks in Vanguard and Crucible and get all the Strange Coins you can. With 200 marks a week and Xur's gear you can get iLevel 28-30 pretty quickly.

After that start running Glass Vault and whatever other Raids are put out. Raid gear is far and away better than anything else I have scene but it is very very tough to to get.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
To consistantly have access to higher level gear grind out 3 ranks in Vanguard and Crucible and get all the Strange Coins you can. With 200 marks a week and Xur's gear you can get iLevel 28-30 pretty quickly.

After that start running Glass Vault and whatever other Raids are put out. Raid gear is far and away better than anything else I have scene but it is very very tough to to get.
Thanks man. What's the loot table for the Raid anyway? Like...are talking guaranteed Exotic's/Legendary?

Fractured_Shadow

Thanks man. What's the loot table for the Raid anyway? Like...are talking guaranteed Exotic's/Legendary?
The raid gear isnt listed as guaranteed however I have yet to have it not drop a legi or exo. That being said I have only downed it twice. The drop rates in the raid are what make it awsome.

E

Eldriken

So what's the best way to start earning light level gear? I'm approaching lvl 20 with my 3 classes.
I'm almost level 26 from just farming and doing Strikes.

The Crucible is another way to speed it up if you're into that. But I hate PvP.

I haven't been able to raid yet, however. But come Friday, I'll be more than ready. I've got Strange Coins to spend. Also, when I cap out on my Vanguard Marks, I'll be able to get another legendary.

mfkaoz

Banned
What's the quickest way to level up vanguard and get marks? I hate doinh strikes so if there's another way ill gladly take it.

E

Eldriken

What's the quickest way to level up vanguard and get marks? I hate doinh strikes so if there's another way ill gladly take it.
Do patrol missions for reputation and farm Spirit Blooms, Helium Filaments, etc to turn into rep. You need 50 of each material to turn in for rep. To clarify, you don't need 50 all at once of EACH for ONE turn in. If you have 50 Spirit Blooms, you can turn that in for rep. The same applies to the rest. Just make sure you go to the Vanguard Quartermaster and not the Crucible Quartermaster.

Strikes are the best way to get Marks.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Naw. Fusion rifles are broken as fuuuuuck though.
that too

these weapons that are supposed to be CQB and MAYBE mid range just outclass anything else. Scout and Pulse rifles just.... don't stand a chance.

At least make them less accurate. IDK.

Unlimited sprint and the insane range of these two guns make them really really good.

I think I'm a tad salty from playing tired last night and doing stupid things though. Cuz sometimes I feel unstoppable with just a hand cannon.

Did you ever fix your vanguard issue?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
that too

these weapons that are supposed to be CQB and MAYBE mid range just outclass anything else. Scout and Pulse rifles just.... don't stand a chance.

At least make them less accurate. IDK.

Unlimited sprint and the insane range of these two guns make them really really good.

I think I'm a tad salty from playing tired last night and doing stupid things though. Cuz sometimes I feel unstoppable with just a hand cannon.

Did you ever fix your vanguard issue?
If you're getting salty just whip out a fusion rifle and kick ass lol. I seriously can't believe how broken they are. I love it lol. Yeah I figured it out. If you're wearing a factions gear, the points for crucible & vanguard count towards that faction. I was wearing dead orbit stuff so that's why it wasn't working. I feel very dumb.

Juffalo

Noob
If you're getting salty just whip out a fusion rifle and kick ass lol. I seriously can't believe how broken they are. I love it lol. Yeah I figured it out. If you're wearing a factions gear, the points for crucible & vanguard count towards that faction. I was wearing dead orbit stuff so that's why it wasn't working. I feel very dumb.
Woah.... I thought wearing faction stuff let you double up, I didn't know it took it away from the original faction. Thanks for telling us.

E

Eldriken

We should feel dumb for having not asked if you had a faction rep item equipped, lol.