What's new

Getting Destiny? Join the TYM Destiny group!

Interesting theory I read on the destiny subreddit. We are the darkness. The guy who came up with it was patrolling around sneaking up to NPC's to hear their banter, he came upon a dreg who detected him and yelled "ahh it's the darkness". It's an interesting theory given that our class type are Warlock, Hunter and Titan and we are killing Wizards and Knights. Just some food for thought.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Interesting theory I read on the destiny subreddit. We are the darkness. The guy who came up with it was patrolling around sneaking up to NPC's to hear their banter, he came upon a dreg who detected him and yelled "ahh it's the darkness". It's an interesting theory given that our class type are Warlock, Hunter and Titan and we are killing Wizards and Knights. Just some food for thought.
I always thought that... after I finished the one Hive mission with the shard piece...... maybe the traveler it self influences EVERYONE to think that the other races are the darkness. When in fact, it is the darkness creating the unrest between each race. So each race hits a "Golden Age" from the Traveler.... then needs it to protect itself against a race that has already survived this loop.

Basically the traveler "brings" about the darkness simply because the "strongest" race follows it so that they can recapture what it once gave them.
Maybe the traveler is simply trying to create a perfect race?

I always wondered why each group of "evil" that we fight also seems to have a 3 tier segregation amongst themselves. The most aggressive ones being the Fallen..... as they seem to invade or be apart of EVERY single mission you face.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I always thought that... after I finished the one Hive mission with the shard piece...... maybe the traveler it self influences EVERYONE to think that the other races are the darkness. When in fact, it is the darkness creating the unrest between each race. So each race hits a "Golden Age" from the Traveler.... then needs it to protect itself against a race that has already survived this loop.

Basically the traveler "brings" about the darkness simply because the "strongest" race follows it so that they can recapture what it once gave them.
Maybe the traveler is simply trying to create a perfect race?

I always wondered why each group of "evil" that we fight also seems to have a 3 tier segregation amongst themselves. The most aggressive ones being the Fallen..... as they seem to invade or be apart of EVERY single mission you face.
Thats deep bro

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's pretty hilarious.

I'm glad I got to level up before the patch.
No no

they patched the BETA build so that you would level up slower.
The beta actually had an increased level up

But leveling up is really not the problem. You still have to find out how you want to play, and then level up the armor/weapon/abilities etc etc

being level [level] means nothing. It just allows you to access MORE stuff.

E

Eldriken

No no

they patched the BETA build so that you would level up slower.
The beta actually had an increased level up

But leveling up is really not the problem. You still have to find out how you want to play, and then level up the armor/weapon/abilities etc etc

being level [level] means nothing. It just allows you to access MORE stuff.
Your level determines the damage you do based on the level of the mob you're attacking. If it's a higher level than you, you do lower damage. If it's much higher than you, it resists all your damage.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I was able to test the new Raid (the Glass Vault) and HOOOOLLLLY SHIT.... it is suuuuuper hard. You get 0 hints as to where you need to go or what you need to do and the AI is super aggressive and hurt realy really bad. With a full team of 6 fully geared people we wiped over 40 times and it took us nearly 10 hours over two days (you can save you progress and come back later) to complete.

While this is awsome, it pisses me off that content was withheld. Trust me, the current released version of the game is about 50% of total content NOT INCLUDING the DLC

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Your level determines the damage you do based on the level of the mob you're attacking. If it's a higher level than you, you do lower damage. If it's much higher than you, it resists all your damage.
Yeah but if you see someone with ?? ...... you shoudl run away like a little bitch anyway.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I was able to test the new Raid (the Glass Vault) and HOOOOLLLLY SHIT.... it is suuuuuper hard. You get 0 hints as to where you need to go or what you need to do and the AI is super aggressive and hurt realy really bad. With a full team of 6 fully geared people we wiped over 40 times and it took us nearly 10 hours over two days (you can save you progress and come back later) to complete.

While this is awsome, it pisses me off that content was withheld. Trust me, the current released version of the game is about 50% of total content NOT INCLUDING the DLC
It wasn't "withheld"
they def. stated that these are a timed thing anyway.

I'm liking the whole "we get no info because... we have no info" type thing.
Makes finishing it worth while.

Fractured_Shadow

It wasn't "withheld"
they def. stated that these are a timed thing anyway.

I'm liking the whole "we get no info because... we have no info" type thing.
Makes finishing it worth while.
"Timed" equals withheld. Shit... there is dialoge in game referencing the Glass Vault. There are also items you pick up that you CANNOT use yet...

E

Eldriken

Yeah but if you see someone with ?? ...... you shoudl run away like a little bitch anyway.
They don't even have to show up as ??.

That means they severely outlevel you. If they're like 4-5 levels higher than you, you can't do squat, but I believe it still shows you what their level is.

mfkaoz

Banned
Does the level of enemy affect what level loot they drop? When I was farming on Venus with @Blind_Ducky it was mainly green loot with a few blues here and there and we did it for a good half hour before I left.

Also where do you guys like to farm? I'm gonna try to find somewhere on mars.

E

Eldriken

Does the level of enemy affect what level loot they drop? When I was farming on Venus with @Blind_Ducky it was mainly green loot with a few blues here and there and we did it for a good half hour before I left.

From what I've gathered, no. I could be wrong.

Apparently the Nexus strike is the best place to farm.

You get to right before the final boss and you come across all those Goblins, kill them and then everyone jumps off the cliff to restart at the checkpoint, which is like 4 seconds away from the Goblins.

People say they average 10 blue Engrams an hour.

Fractured_Shadow

The Nexus grind is ok to level your Decrypter but other than that the Tiger Strikes drop the best blue gear you can get. Before I pushed past the level 24 sticking point and getting my Ledgies, I had farmed the highest level blue gear possible in under 4 hours.

After that though your best option for gear is to grind the Moon Patrol for Vanguard rank 2 and do all the Weekly Strikes for 9 coins.

mfkaoz

Banned
The Nexus grind is ok to level your Decrypter but other than that the Tiger Strikes drop the best blue gear you can get. Before I pushed past the level 24 sticking point and getting my Ledgies, I had farmed the highest level blue gear possible in under 4 hours.

After that though your best option for gear is to grind the Moon Patrol for Vanguard rank 2 and do all the Weekly Strikes for 9 coins.
Tiger strikes?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Im only level 20 :( I really need to step my light game up.
Nah man play it how you want to. Loot grinding treadmill is the least appealing part of this game to me so I'm in no hurry to blast through everything just to start farming. I've been spending my time with each class, playing through the story, strikes, pvp, and trying to do some general exploring. I'm taking all 3 classes to 20 before I start messing with all that.

mfkaoz

Banned
Nah man play it how you want to. Loot grinding treadmill is the least appealing part of this game to me so I'm in no hurry to blast through everything just to start farming. I've been spending my time with each class, playing through the story, strikes, pvp, and trying to do some general exploring. I'm taking all 3 classes to 20 before I start messing with all that.
I think I might start a new character today. I wanna see what the hunter is like.

mfkaoz

Banned
So I just started with my hunter and I see that I started off with 2000+ glimmer.
The fact that the glimmer you get stays with each character you have is fucking awesome.

Reactions: TKB

Solo

Shadow Priest
I'm still at like 7 or something. Idk.. the game didn't live up to the hype to me. Story is whatever. This game would be 100x better if I could use a sword. Nevertheless, the game is just okay to me.

Maybe it's because I play by myself. :( #ForeverAlone