What's new

GEC Forever King wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Kumite in Tennessee 2014!

yeah it was an amazing major...great turnout and great hype....marvel was no wear near as hype as this tourney was....Chris G didnt even make top 8 in this tourney....damn every pool had killers in it....the pop offs the stories ugh....injustice tourneys get more hype every time!!!

Thanks for the props everyone. . . It was great to get back to a major. @sn1kzZe yeh I definitely think about my reaction speed nowadays and it sucks to notice it is slowing down some but experience does help a lot to circumvent it. Major thanks to the GGA crew, Noobe, @General M2Dave, and others that let me play some casuals with them, it really was the highlight for me to play you all. I hope the Top 8 looked good enough to attract more attention overall and entertain people.

@Vandy Thank you for being extra accomodating to our scene. I hope we gave you something worth your countless hours of preparation for this tournament.

I can't forget @FOREVER KING Good stuff just wish we coulda gotten more time in.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I personally think this is one of the few tournaments where just about every competitor went home with something to be happy about:
Pig got 5th (YAY!)
King took the whole thing
Saltface made freaking 3rd place with Harley
16bit made top 8 with CATWOMAN!
Goomba brought the hype
Harold took names
Max showed that his Bane excels regardless of region
M2Dave showed that his Zod isn't to be messed with, and introduced us to his cousin who showed a very very impressive Flash
GGA did their thing
AK did their thing
Cleveland did their thing
Florida did their thing
Emperors did their thing

The whole goddamn thing was a blast to watch and I still haven't combed the archives for the matches I didn't see.

From Cowboy taking frosty, to DTN, to Apex to KIT, Injustice has proved to be a hype game in spite of everything with ever increasingly awesome tournaments. We've got a community of exceptional players and people and I hope we all remember these past few months.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Man i have to many shout outs to give because of all the awesome performances.
Everyone in top 8 is a must. @Pig of the hut for making it back despite work, fucking awesome dude. @GGA 16 Bit your catwoman looks fucking amazing, dat pussy got da competition whipped. @AK SaltFace man nice to see you in top 3 man, it has been a long time coming! and of course to the champ @FOREVER KING that batman is legit and now you are THE batman to beat.

Special props to my NRF brother @ImNewbieSauce great showing brother and your commentary was absolutely on point for top 8. Also to your partner in crime @Emperor DMS great job guys, hey DMS lets race to Superman of America!;)

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
FK's Batman is absolutely smothering. It kinda kills hype but is beyond impressive to watch.
Kills hype? Nah man that Batman vs Bane was some very Hype matches, unless you are referring to hoping that Max would reset the bracket in GF and FK denied that, which i was hoping too! Which would've allowed ever more HYPE!!!

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Kills hype? Nah man that Batman vs Bane was some very Hype matches, unless you are referring to hoping that Max would reset the bracket in GF and FK denied that, which i was hoping too! Which would've allowed ever more HYPE!!!
I mean I was hoping for the Max reset but I'm referring to the sheer amount of lockdown FK's capable of even when the opponent is guessing right. It looks so one-sided and puts a stranglehold on match pacing. Impressive to be sure on a skill level but less fun to spectate.

BlastX21

Noob
I mean I was hoping for the Max reset but I'm referring to the sheer amount of lockdown FK's capable of even when the opponent is guessing right. It looks so one-sided and puts a stranglehold on match pacing. Impressive to be sure on a skill level but less fun to spectate.
There is no guessing involved when defending against Batman. All his mixups can be blocked on reaction, there are no true 50/50s. You just have to have react quickly enough to his bat cancels and MB batarang cancels and know what his options are after each one. Its difficult because the pressure is so fast, but at the highest level (this tournament) most players can handle it, which is why you see King having to lose an extra bar and 2 bats in order to open the opponent up, and sometimes even that doesn't work.

Now if we're talking about locking someone down...that Bane corner pressure is nothing more than a dice roll, lol.

Delriach

Sindelly
Can we talk about how good Saltface and Max were at dodging interactables with a backdash? It was particularly impressive considering Harley's backdash doesn't go nearly as far as Bane's so it was definitely using iframes. I think Saltface only got hit once when trying to backdash near the end of the tournament.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Can we talk about how good Saltface and Max were at dodging interactables with a backdash? It was particularly impressive considering Harley's backdash doesn't go nearly as far as Bane's so it was definitely using iframes. I think Saltface only got hit once when trying to backdash near the end of the tournament.
Didn't Saltface backdash dodge a thrown interactable while managing to block a Zod wraith mixup? That was awesome.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
harold said i'm not whitewashed. he also has a slight southern drawl. i wish i had a southern accent...... anyways he is awesome