What's new

Question Gauging interest for Side MK9 Tournament at EVO Streamed by Pig of the Hut?

IF YOU ARE GOING TO EVO: Would you enter a MK9 Side tournament Streamed by Pig of the Hut?

• Total voters

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Do we have a time set for this? And location? That is more pertinent info then any pot bonus stuff imo.

Probably would have to be friday or saturday night. I would say saturday night would probably be a good time. Sunday is an option but I personally love watching finals of other games

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
details of this should be finalized tonight. If you are interested in adding a pot bonus (because you are obviously awesome) please put the amount here so we can advertise.

@REDRUM @flipkev
The way I was viewing this potential side tournament is one that is for people who want to watch MK9 - not to gain viewers/bring new people into the game. If people watch it and like it who don't know MK9, great, but what I was thinking is that it would be basically this:

-A list of the players who have committed to being part of this (this would need to be completed in the next couple of days to build brackets)
-Information about stream equipment - most likely 4G streaming will be capable (but understand that it IS in a hotel room, in Vegas, where people are no doubt using the internet quite heavily)
-Information about how the tournament will be structured (payouts, 2/3 until GF 3/5, etc)
-An 'ask' for donations of $1 from those who intend on watching the stream (if you want to add more, great)
-Clauses just in case the tournament gets setup to go and things go awry, promising refunding of the money back to those who donated

If I held more clout in the community, I'd offer to manage the money end of it to simplify but I'm sure there are people willing to handle this if given a little notice.

This is a fun idea for the community to have a good time with some MK9 hype, upsets, and salt.

@AK Pig Of The Hut @G4S Claude VonStroke thoughts?
Thanks for the ideas, I will be talking with Pig tonight about everything. Should have an update for everyone tonight or tomorrow.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Lol it takes 30secs to set a stream up.

Plug&Play.

I will not charge viewers to watch and I can promise great quality.
I mean for putting the brackets together, getting everyone involved to actually show up and coordinate, running the brackets as well as playing...if he's doing all of it, it's an annoying process and I'd have no problem giving him 10% of the pot (which likely won't be big) to do it.

Just saying.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
It is not donating if you are forcing people to pay. You are talking about charging in order to watch the stream, not asking for donations. If people want to donate they should be able to, but I guarantee you a lot of people will not want to pay to watch a side tournament stream.
2 days into donations and they're already over $1,000. This shit is gonna be hype, and I would love to see it draw more money than Injustice main stage.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
2 days into donations and they're already over $1,000. This shit is gonna be hype, and I would love to see it draw more money than Injustice main stage.
You obviously didnt read the whole thread. I said people should be able to donate if they want, but they shouldnt force people to pay to watch. Glad it is working for them though.