What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
gamemk
What's the most original story you've seen out there. I know probably 99% of stuff is a clever retelling or borrows from something else. Can anything ever be considered new or never seen before?
Read some of Charlie Kaufman's screenplays, I highly recommend "Adaptation.", "Being John Malkovich" and "Synechdoche, New York". Those are really fun, whacky and original. One of my favorite writers.

I write. Finished a novel around 80,000 words that I don't have the patience to edit. Been working on trying to get short stories published the past couple months to motivate me into continuing something bigger. I may just end up self publishing. These e-magazine publishers are a fucking joke. I'm not cocky about ANYTHING in life, except my writing. I'll get rejection letters, wait to see what they choose to publish, and vomit all over my keyboard. Those who've made it say it takes years....guess we'll see.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I write. Finished a novel around 80,000 words that I don't have the patience to edit. Been working on trying to get short stories published the past couple months to motivate me into continuing something bigger. I may just end up self publishing. These e-magazine publishers are a fucking joke. I'm not cocky about ANYTHING in life, except my writing. I'll get rejection letters, wait to see what they choose to publish, and vomit all over my keyboard. Those who've made it say it takes years....guess we'll see.
I'd love to read some of your short stories if you're willing to share them with us.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I just cant bring myself to write. I want to do it but all of a sudden I find myself watching a film or playing a game. Does anyone have any tips on how to start and keep focused in writing? I feel like I should rent a cabin with no electricity lol

Give away your system. That's what I'm doing. Then I'm through with gaming. Said it b4, but i'm positive this time. Almost hoping my ps3 will break. no self control i guess. gaming impulse turned into a monster. thing is netflix is all i have. just watched Dredd2012. happy my system works for movies.....but yeah......no more games. i has a plan.

Updates anyone? Still wrapping up my stuff. It's done, but still looking for better ways to put things in place. Can anyone upload anything yet?

I just can't write the beginning of my book lol. Have the plot, characters, ending etc...but i do not know where to being. It just sounds stupid

HellblazerHawkman

I really don't have much to offer on your written pieces because they aren't very lengthy. I think the story about the wolf could be more interesting if you were able to combine it somehow with the short tale about the star and comet. I looked over Rose and Pacman too, but, again.....they're quite short. Keep working on them. How did the wolf get in that cave? Ask questions. Story will follow.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Have any of you tried to keep a dream journal? It sounds interesting, I might give it a try. You could find some interesting stuff when you read them later.

I did for a short while. Tried to even base some stories on pieces of them. Inducing entity attacks and lucid dreaming is much better though. Scarier than anything you've ever experienced if done correctly. And lucid dreaming can be changed into something truly mindblowing with effort. It's more difficult to record and describe these though, so I just enjoy them and move on.

I suppose I've based characters off some of the darker figures of my dreams, but certainly no good story lines.....only interesting concepts maybe.

Last edited:
It came for me again the other night. I invited it though. Left my window open so you could barely hear the Venitian blinds rattle. Room was cold. So cold. A little light entered from cars casting shadows on the wall. Before I could tell, paralysis, then that terrible buzzing and whooshing. Fantastic. A face with incandescent eyes hovered. Then it pushed upon me. I swear there are some things out there that would even make Satan shiver.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Have any of you tried to keep a dream journal? It sounds interesting, I might give it a try. You could find some interesting stuff when you read them later.
Had to do it for Psychology last year. It was fairly interesting. I've gotten to the point now where I can control certain things in dreams but weird shit still tends to happen lol.

Where are you on that movie btw? Not rushing you at all, just wondering if you actually ended up starting it eheheh

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Been keeping my dream journal, nothing interesting has yet happened.

Where are you on that movie btw? Not rushing you at all, just wondering if you actually ended up starting it eheheh
Unfortunately I haven't been able to start working on it yet, I did some storyboarding for some of the scenes but thats about it.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Yes, I love to write Texas Chainsaw meets Stargate erotic fiction and Mortal Kombat vs Clayfighters on TRMK

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Been keeping my dream journal, nothing interesting has yet happened.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to start working on it yet, I did some storyboarding for some of the scenes but thats about it.
Lol its ok man :)

Let me know if you ever start working on it again.

Wrote a final chapter for Blue Shift. Changing the title though to Dhzvhtynzal's Conundrum. Still trying to clean it up so I can post the entire thing here. Hope everyone is still writing stuff. I guess we have to post it online somewhere else and put the link here still? Can't believe we can't get what we need to upload right here. :(