What's new

Fools, Zod is a well-balanced character.

Is Zod well-balanced?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I was making more of a general statement than I was targeting anyone specific and what I said is true, these types of thread literally have plagued TYM since the dawn of time.

As far as Birdsongs goes, who cares? It's someone I talk online to occasionally and to be honest I really couldn't care less what gender that person was. Your entire Birdsongs crusade last year didn't do anything else except make you look like an autistic moron with nothing better to do with the maturity of a 12 year old kid. Man, married with kids Pig, must be tough.
I exposed a liar

Fun times

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I feel that the walkspeed thing is kind of getting blown out of proportion a little bit as he has fantastic dashs to compensate for it.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Ok real talk, you're a lazy injustice player

Extremely lazy

Realtalk m2dave at KIT was put into my pool, I went to the lab and in FIVEEE MINUTES found a way to not only evade 100% w no problems all 50/50 full screen mixups but punish it w half the cast including NW full screen .

Maybe spend less time bitching about things u have no clue about and more time labbing for answers

Still to this day no one has ever done ,what I found, on me

Okay, I haven't read through this whole thread, but HOLY SHIT THIS!

I'm not even saying this just for Zod or just for one person. The amount of shit in this game that is just straight considered OP without labbing for a way around it is ridiculous.

I was just at Civil War and the amount of stuff I saw people get away with/complain about being OP (To which I usually could explain a way or two out of it for their character) was ridiculous.
I'm a low level player and I've found ways around this stuff; high level players shouldn't be complaining about a fuzzy-able full screen 50/50 and trait mixups that turn into a guessing game for both players once you introduce smart pushblocks and measured disrespect.

Also I agree; you shouldn't publicly post your findings; as a Zod player all it will do is make people cry and say your character is stupid and needs nerfs.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Reo went even w Dave and I w frost
Frost does alright against Zod. I think it is probably Zod favor but it isn't ridiculous. At least offline she can iceberg him calling out trait randomly so he can really only do it after combos or heavy block advantage. She has enough for him to worry about when she is in slide range. His large jump arc does make it a bit easier to trip guard him with slide. KF has to kind of respect Zod's phantom strike post slide because she can't punish on block, dash, or jump out...but on a read there is enough gap to punish with 111 or d1 slide.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I have seen the light.

I have thought to myself, "What if Zod is top 2 like people make him out to be? What if he needs the right player to use him? EVO is around the corner, what reason is there to not pick him up and get a free ride to top 8?"

How gullible my foolish, 20-year old brain was. I give massive props to people like Pig of the Hut, M2Dave, Viking305, Rahsaan, and Relaxedstate taking the abuse like men that their character is this supposed super-tier god and if you lose with him, you're just a fraud.

Upon playing this character, a few things stood out to me that I never noticed.

-A backdash that takes about 2 calendar years to recover.
-A walkspeed that makes Makoto in Street Fighter IV look like Akuma.
-T-rex arms that reinforce Sektor players' PTSD
-A force-push that has laughable recovery.
-A low laser that, if you meterburn, God help you if it whiffs. Oh, and it barely does chip, especially if a portion of it whiffs to which it does around 2-3%.

On the facade, of course one would think that Zod players should burn in hell because they use a character with a trait that gives him "free 50/50s". I will say this though...

...He needs it, people. He needs it.

I feel bad for Pig of the Hut having to put up with the awful matchup that is Zod and Aquaman, especially with a character with as humbug footsies as Zod's.

The poor guy probably has to put up with matchups such as:
-Aquaman, Bane, Batman, Raven, Sinestro, Superman, Martian Manhunter.

There is even talks that C-A-T-W-O-M-A-N could hang with Zod. Last time I checked, it was only Catwoman's place to beat Cyborg and Ares and nobody else.

What exactly do Zod's "free mixups" do for him in those matchups? Its not the Zod players' fault that characters like Ares, Green Arrow, and Shazam suck, therefore Zod beats them.

An example of Zod having to work
overtime in some matchups below:

Aquaman's role in the Zod matchup.
FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD x 100 (Can be interchanged with Zod vs. Sinestro to which Sinestro's role is Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast x 100)
Zod's role in the matchup.

Immaculate laser placement, strong reads with the force-push, strong footsies with the 15-frame F2, risky reads with the Zod charge, well-timed forward dashes so you wont get punished with D1-trident rush, etc.

Zod is an immaculately well-balanced character.

Supporters
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@General M2Dave
Why worry about the recovery time on backdash when you can just pull out trait and shot from full screen for free: then after that zod charge to switch your opponent position and back dash repeatedly and do the same method. Nerf his back dash and he will be balance. Not every character that is put in the game is a well balance character. Mmh orb should be plus 20
When he meter burn it should be plus 35. That is how you balance a game. Why would you give zod a great backdash when most of his move sets and grab almost push you full screen. In order to balance him make his backdash lame because he can already push his opponent full screen. Why you need a great back dash for when you have these tools. So just nerf his back dash and he is well balance

If they don't nerf it. I'm a good adapter. I will try to find different options .

Skeezer12

Kinetic
Zod is balanced in my Opinion! There's Ways around his Zoning Just Gotta find a way in its not hard at all! Now he is a pain in the ass to play against sometimes but i feel he's balanced in my opinion.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Zod is top 3. Although MMH is on a level of his own, and I think thats why other zod players get upset when they make it seem like he is a close second to MMH, I know thats why I get mad when they treat me as if im playing MMH who is in my opinion an S++ tier character while every other top tier is just an S.

I feel that no matter the match up MMH plays relatively the same way. He does not need to adjust according to match ups where as every other character in the game does. All he has to do is rush down a lil more or less but hes not really limited in his options in any matchup.

I have seen the light.

I have thought to myself, "What if Zod is top 2 like people make him out to be? What if he needs the right player to use him? EVO is around the corner, what reason is there to not pick him up and get a free ride to top 8?"

How gullible my foolish, 20-year old brain was. I give massive props to people like Pig of the Hut, M2Dave, Viking305, Rahsaan, and Relaxedstate taking the abuse like men that their character is this supposed super-tier god and if you lose with him, you're just a fraud.

Upon playing this character, a few things stood out to me that I never noticed.

-A backdash that takes about 2 calendar years to recover.
-A walkspeed that makes Makoto in Street Fighter IV look like Akuma.
-T-rex arms that reinforce Sektor players' PTSD
-A force-push that has laughable recovery.
-A low laser that, if you meterburn, God help you if it whiffs. Oh, and it barely does chip, especially if a portion of it whiffs to which it does around 2-3%.

On the facade, of course one would think that Zod players should burn in hell because they use a character with a trait that gives him "free 50/50s". I will say this though...

...He needs it, people. He needs it.

I feel bad for Pig of the Hut having to put up with the awful matchup that is Zod and Aquaman, especially with a character with as humbug footsies as Zod's.

The poor guy probably has to put up with matchups such as:
-Aquaman, Bane, Batman, Raven, Sinestro, Superman, Martian Manhunter.

There is even talks that C-A-T-W-O-M-A-N could hang with Zod. Last time I checked, it was only Catwoman's place to beat Cyborg and Ares and nobody else.

What exactly do Zod's "free mixups" do for him in those matchups? Its not the Zod players' fault that characters like Ares, Green Arrow, and Shazam suck, therefore Zod beats them.

An example of Zod having to work overtime in some matchups below:

Aquaman's role in the Zod matchup.
FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD x 100 (Can be interchanged with Zod vs. Sinestro to which Sinestro's role is Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast x 100)
Zod's role in the matchup.

Immaculate laser placement, strong reads with the force-push, strong footsies with the 15-frame F2, risky reads with the Zod charge, well-timed forward dashes so you wont get punished with D1-trident rush, etc.

Zod is an immaculately well-balanced character.

Supporters
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@General M2Dave
are you seriously this out of touch? thought you understood high level play but i highly doubting it now. literally everything you said is wrong.

this has to be a troll... right?

Ra Helios

Zod is balanced in my Opinion! There's Ways around his Zoning Just Gotta find a way in its not hard at all! Now he is a pain in the ass to play against sometimes but i feel he's balanced in my opinion.
How about his Back dash SKeezer12? I remember while we were in the party together the whole party agreed his back dash need to be nerf including peckapowa. Peckapowa main Zod!!!!!!

Ra Helios

Another point id like to add is recent post in my ZOD tech thread

Many of them say shit like "wow w this tech how is he not #1-2"

Well have any of you actually gone through and seen from July till now the plethora of tech I've posted pubicily? Now compare that to MMH and sinestro and others who never post their tech

Maybe my character looks most broke and OP because I actually am not a pussy and not scared to post my tech?

I will say this however, due to all the recent ZOD hate I will never post future tech again nor help any one person in the ZOD MU who complains about him. I tell Jupiter all the time he's the reo/ kabal pig/Kenshi pl/Lao Of injustice w MMH

He's incredibly good w a top character and only him and Reo. I continually ask for games looking for answers at same time respecting what he is

Edit: I will only share My ZOD tech and findings w ZOD brothers privately who have no affiliation w people I dislike
Why?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I'm perceftly fine with Zod and martian

Now sinestro bane and aquaman those are some broken characters ( looks at my avatar) just kidding.