What's new

Fools, Zod is a well-balanced character.

Is Zod well-balanced?

• Total voters

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I have seen the light.

I have thought to myself, "What if Zod is top 2 like people make him out to be? What if he needs the right player to use him? EVO is around the corner, what reason is there to not pick him up and get a free ride to top 8?"

How gullible my foolish, 20-year old brain was. I give massive props to people like Pig of the Hut, M2Dave, Viking305, Rahsaan, and Relaxedstate taking the abuse like men that their character is this supposed super-tier god and if you lose with him, you're just a fraud.

Upon playing this character, a few things stood out to me that I never noticed.

-A backdash that takes about 2 calendar years to recover.
-A walkspeed that makes Makoto in Street Fighter IV look like Akuma.
-T-rex arms that reinforce Sektor players' PTSD
-A force-push that has laughable recovery.
-A low laser that, if you meterburn, God help you if it whiffs. Oh, and it barely does chip, especially if a portion of it whiffs to which it does around 2-3%.

On the facade, of course one would think that Zod players should burn in hell because they use a character with a trait that gives him "free 50/50s". I will say this though...

...He needs it, people. He needs it.

I feel bad for Pig of the Hut having to put up with the awful matchup that is Zod and Aquaman, especially with a character with as humbug footsies as Zod's.

The poor guy probably has to put up with matchups such as:
-Aquaman, Bane, Batman, Raven, Sinestro, Superman, Martian Manhunter.

There is even talks that C-A-T-W-O-M-A-N could hang with Zod. Last time I checked, it was only Catwoman's place to beat Cyborg and Ares and nobody else.

What exactly do Zod's "free mixups" do for him in those matchups? Its not the Zod players' fault that characters like Ares, Green Arrow, and Shazam suck, therefore Zod beats them.

An example of Zod having to work overtime in some matchups below:

Aquaman's role in the Zod matchup.
FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD x 100 (Can be interchanged with Zod vs. Sinestro to which Sinestro's role is Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast x 100)
Zod's role in the matchup.

Immaculate laser placement, strong reads with the force-push, strong footsies with the 15-frame F2, risky reads with the Zod charge, well-timed forward dashes so you wont get punished with D1-trident rush, etc.

Zod is an immaculately well-balanced character.

Supporters
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@General M2Dave

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Beautifully written

I support this 100%

If you guys think ZOD = free wins and easy mode then do me three favors

1. Grab a bicycle, remove the seat now jump on it ass first

2. Pick him up and use him 100% and only him, no batman, no lex, no MMH. Just him

3. Get back to me after the above 2

Theo, the best Aquaman player and a top 3 overall Evo and MLG favorite is preaching the truth

I suggest listening, funny thing is when people ask me "pig how do I beat ZOD" I can tell you exactly

When I ask the other top players "hey how do I beat jup w ZOD or _____" the answer I get usually is "dude idk good luck"

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
This thread is true. He's got great stuff, but when people know how to block all your bullshit you just have to chip your way into victory, and Zod's zoning is not easy-button.

Aqua MU is hard. Honestly I think it's 6-4.

Pig Of The Hut

Another point id like to add is recent post in my ZOD tech thread

Many of them say shit like "wow w this tech how is he not #1-2"

Well have any of you actually gone through and seen from July till now the plethora of tech I've posted pubicily? Now compare that to MMH and sinestro and others who never post their tech

Maybe my character looks most broke and OP because I actually am not a pussy and not scared to post my tech?

I will say this however, due to all the recent ZOD hate I will never post future tech again nor help any one person in the ZOD MU who complains about him. I tell Jupiter all the time he's the reo/ kabal pig/Kenshi pl/Lao Of injustice w MMH

He's incredibly good w a top character and only him and Reo. I continually ask for games looking for answers at same time respecting what he is

Edit: I will only share My ZOD tech and findings w ZOD brothers privately who have no affiliation w people I dislike

I have seen the light.

I have thought to myself, "What if Zod is top 2 like people make him out to be? What if he needs the right player to use him? EVO is around the corner, what reason is there to not pick him up and get a free ride to top 8?"

How gullible my foolish, 20-year old brain was. I give massive props to people like Pig of the Hut, M2Dave, Viking305, Rahsaan, and Relaxedstate taking the abuse like men that their character is this supposed super-tier god and if you lose with him, you're just a fraud.

Upon playing this character, a few things stood out to me that I never noticed.

-A backdash that takes about 2 calendar years to recover.
-A walkspeed that makes Makoto in Street Fighter IV look like Akuma.
-T-rex arms that reinforce Sektor players' PTSD
-A force-push that has laughable recovery.
-A low laser that, if you meterburn, God help you if it whiffs. Oh, and it barely does chip, especially if it a portion of it whiffs, to which it does around 2-3%.

On the facade, of course one would thing that Zod players should burn in hell because they use a character with a trait that gives him "free 50/50s". I will say this though...

...He needs it, people. He needs it.

I feel bad for Pig of the Hut having to put up with the awful matchup that is Zod and Aquaman, especially with a character with as humbug footsies as Zod's.

The poor guy probably has to put up with matchups such as:
-Aquaman, Bane, Batman, Raven, Sinestro, Superman, Martian Manhunter.

There is even talks that C-A-T-W-O-M-A-N could hang with Zod. Last time I checked, it was only Catwoman's place to beat Cyborg and Ares and nobody else.

What exactly do Zod's "free mixups" do for him in those matchups? Its not Zod players' fault that characters like Ares, Green Arrow, and Shazam suck, therefore Zod beats them.

An example of Zod having to work overtime in some matchups:

Aquaman's role in the Zod matchup.
FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD, FTD x 100 (Can be interchanged with Zod vs. Sinestro to which Sinestro's role is Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast, Fear Blast x 100)

Zod's role in the matchup.
Immaculate laser placement, strong reads with the force-push, strong footsies with the 15-frame F2, risky reads with the Zod charge, well-timed forward dashes so you wont get punished with D1-trident rush, etc.

Zod is an immaculately well-balanced character.

Supporters
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@General M2Dave
-Names soon to be added.
zod destroys supes

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I think everyone understands Zod is a bit harder to play. But you're joking if guaranteed interactables and fullscreen safe 50/50s is "fair and balanced".

Pig Of The Hut

I think everyone understands Zod is a bit harder to play. But you're joking if guaranteed interactables and fullscreen safe 50/50s is "fair and balanced".
Ok real talk, you're a lazy injustice player

Extremely lazy

Realtalk m2dave at KIT was put into my pool, I went to the lab and in FIVEEE MINUTES found a way to not only evade 100% w no problems all 50/50 full screen mixups but punish it w half the cast including NW full screen .

Maybe spend less time bitching about things u have no clue about and more time labbing for answers

Still to this day no one has ever done ,what I found, on me

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Get this through your f*cking heads, He WINS HE ALWAYS WINS! why dont you get that through your thick headed skulls? smh lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly, if Bane got the free interactables and 50/50, I still wouldn't trade it for that cooldown and the lack of wake-ups.
Maybe its just my perspective from my character, but having no wake-ups is one of the worst things to endure in this game.
You only have so many intractable to throw, and some people can avoid them.
You can block a full-screen 50/50.

You can't fix a lack of invuln. The moment you hit the ground, you have to hold it until you are fortunate enough to get up again.

Also his backdash isn't great. Not many people have run it through the grinder, but he loses invuln about a third of the way in.
I know, at the least, Bane's d.2 can knock him out mid-backdash. I know, all I know is Bane, but that doesn't make what I say any less valid.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I was always an up-player of how hard Zod was. That's why I've only said his trait needs to have different cooldown.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Ok real talk, you're a lazy injustice player

Extremely lazy

Realtalk m2dave at KIT was put into my pool, I went to the lab and in FIVEEE MINUTES found a way to not only evade 100% w no problems all 50/50 full screen mixups but punish it w half the cast including NW full screen .

Maybe spend less time bitching about things u have no clue about and more time labbing for answers

Still to this day no one has ever done ,what I found, on me
Wait, so because Nightwing can maybe get in a groundpound somehwere in there it's ok? Wow thanks. NW- Zod MU just became 5-5.

Not that it matters. Zod is free to Martian anyways.