What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

D4G

Win At All Cost
Marksman is easily Erron's most technical variation.
That's what I was betting, so much so that I wish there was a seperate thread for marksman, but no worries I have a lot of time on my hands. Going to study these last 14 pages like I have exams tomorrow.

It gets easier after a while, trust me

Gun cancels are so rewarding, just keep practicing and you will destroy anyone without MU knowledge
I'm learning quickly that everything with Erron Black is tight, tight, tight! I'm already starting to get it down a lot more consistently though, took a break for an hour came back and my success rate shot up. Whats more troublesome for me now is getting 21122 to come out, and run canceling after DB2, SO TIGHT.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
do u buffer the run?
I hit the njp, land, input run, then cancel the run into f24. There's too many recovery frames after a forward dash to hit it. If you're struggling with that, you can just skip the njp an do f24 after b32u1 in the same bnb to sacrifice 1 percent.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
I hit the njp, land, input run, then cancel the run into f24. There's too many recovery frames after a forward dash to hit it. If you're struggling with that, you can just skip the njp an do f24 after b32u1 in the same bnb to sacrifice 1 percent.
ok thanks for the tips dude!

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Tip for landing the run cancel after Marksman DB2, try inputting the forward-forward just as they're starting to slow down and then moving from block to your intended button as a smooth motion. The only hard part for me when I do that is making sure I run cancel ASAP, there are some strings like 112 that you can act out of when it doesn't look like you can.

Last edited:

KNX

Noob
I'm learning quickly that everything with Erron Black is tight, tight, tight! I'm already starting to get it down a lot more consistently though, took a break for an hour came back and my success rate shot up. Whats more troublesome for me now is getting 21122 to come out, and run canceling after DB2, SO TIGHT.
With 21122 it's just one of those things you'll get used to over time.

And regarding the run after db2 there's a lot more time than you'd think. You can wait until the animation of db2 is over (when he puts his Rifle away) before you even input the run command. You only need a short run and keep in mind the hitbox of his 2 is massive.

lDlDub

Noob
This may already have been covered in the thread so I'm sorry if there's any overlap. What do you guys think are the two best strings to use after a jip? I was thinking b3,2,u1. I'm using the outlaw variation and trying to work on my jump in combos

InFlames

dead
This may already have been covered in the thread so I'm sorry if there's any overlap. What do you guys think are the two best strings to use after a jip? I was thinking b3,2,u1. I'm using the outlaw variation and trying to work on my jump in combos
either go straight into his f13/b32 mix-up or go 21122

Mason

Noob
Any tips for getting gun cancels consistently? If I practice doing it from the same string I can get it ~90% of the time but I can't do it from any other opening strings because the timing is slightly off. If I practice enough to get it consistent with one of those strings then it throws off my timing for the string I was originally doing it on.

D4G

Win At All Cost
this is what scrubs do

always do b12 and then regardless if it hits or not mash over head jump kick or slide for a p sick mixup
hmm, not sure if serious....

Any tips for getting gun cancels consistently? If I practice doing it from the same string I can get it ~90% of the time but I can't do it from any other opening strings because the timing is slightly off. If I practice enough to get it consistent with one of those strings then it throws off my timing for the string I was originally doing it on.
I've run into that roadblock as well, practice holding 1 during the long shot animation, once you see him take aim for a split second then input the run cancel. This has worked for me in getting it more consistently across different strings.

Mason

Noob
I've run into that roadblock as well, practice holding 1 during the long shot animation, once you see him take aim for a split second then input the run cancel. This has worked for me in getting it more consistently across different strings.
Yeah that's what I started doing, making sure to hold down 1 seems to be the trick, also seems like you can buffer the directional input relatively early before you need to hit block. Got all my cancels and BnBs down pretty consistent. Now I just need to be able to do everything in the opposite direction...

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
The d4 reset seems interesting, but imo you're giving up too much damage for it. You could get maybe 14/15% more damage and a bit more meter by finishing the combo (jip, b32u1, njp, f24, 211, sand tackle) or could even end in f24xGrenade or f24xCaltrops if you prefer that oki.

That grenade->MB Slide is nice if you've confirmed they're gonna get hit by the grenade. Particularly if you're lower on life, you get in and get to apply your pressure. Situational, but nice.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
I'm having trouble getting the command grab to connect after the 21122 combos an ender, any advice on getting it to connect more reliably?

I'm having trouble getting the command grab to connect after the 21122 combos an ender, any advice on getting it to connect more reliably?
All i can say is keep practicing and the way i started landing it was doing 21122 then the sand toss move or rifle swing for marksman untill i got the hang of the timing i started doing 21122dbf2 and now i can land it constently

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
It's a timing thing, you have to delay the grab so the whole 21122 string connects in order to have the opponent air born to grab. The grab will only connect if the opponent is airborne. If you input 21122 Sandtackle straight in succession Erron will do 2112sandtackle which will only connect on certain juggle combos or will connect the tackle in a block string.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
It's a timing thing, you have to delay the grab so the whole 21122 string connects in order to have the opponent air born to grab. The grab will only connect if the opponent is airborne. If you input 21122 Sandtackle straight in succession Erron will do 2112sandtackle which will only connect on certain juggle combos or will connect the tackle in a block string.
thanks, hittinh 1/10 times so I'll use f12 into command grab as my ender in the meantime!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
There is no secret, you gotta practice a lot.

You can start by doing 211 command grab (finish the input on the last hit). For example : b32u1, NJP, RC, f24, 211 command grab. You won't drop and you'll get 2% less and much easier execution.