What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

This seems to be my go-to-post whenever I seem to need help with Erron Black lol.

That being said I'll try to list some of my faults, in hopes that some more experienced players could help me.

I main-spec Outlaw and to be fairly honest - I rarely use EXs in general. Hell, I barely use Sand Grenade, Caltrops, and Tark Stab a meanwhile I overuse Sand Slide.

Now I know I may sound like a scrub, but what do you guys do to incorporate these into your playstule? Because as it stands I rarely use meter burns outside of x-ray (yeah I know, it's a big no-no), enhanced sand trap, and the occasional breaker. Most of my combo's seem to net 20-29% rarely venturing into the 30's and I'm hoping to fix this.

Also, what is the purpose of ex'ing tarkatan stab, sand trap and caltrops? Sorry for the long post :(

This seems to be my go-to-post whenever I seem to need help with Erron Black lol.

That being said I'll try to list some of my faults, in hopes that some more experienced players could help me.

I main-spec Outlaw and to be fairly honest - I rarely use EXs in general. Hell, I barely use Sand Grenade, Caltrops, and Tark Stab a meanwhile I overuse Sand Slide.

Now I know I may sound like a scrub, but what do you guys do to incorporate these into your playstule? Because as it stands I rarely use meter burns outside of x-ray (yeah I know, it's a big no-no), enhanced sand trap, and the occasional breaker. Most of my combo's seem to net 20-29% rarely venturing into the 30's and I'm hoping to fix this.

Also, what is the purpose of ex'ing tarkatan stab, sand trap and caltrops? Sorry for the long post :(
Well for one you kinda need to drop overusing sand slide because its unsafe and predictable and 2th non ex sand gernade is pretty decent to use when your far away and caltrops can be pretty insane when doing pressure and for second exs are used for high dmg combos if you wanna go over 30% like for example f13bf3(ex) njp f24 211xxdbf2 36% i think and for armored now the last point is that ex caltrops and tarkstab do more dmg over time and ex sand trap ,sand slide , sand toss(outlaw) are used for armor so if you do them while whoever your against is hitting you your gonna go through his attack , i hope i made myself clear because my english sucks lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I don't understand why people are using the standar BnB ending by f24 211(22) command grab in Outlaw variation like Sonicfox actually do whereas we can get more damage with easier execution using the tartakan sword. Not having the neutral for a while is not that big deal.

b32u1, NJP, RC, f24, ex df2 is 38.5% one meter (outlaw > marskman midscreen).
b32u1, NJP, RC, f24, df2 is 34% meterless.
b32u1, NJP, RC, f24, 211 command grab is 30% meterless.

f12, db4, b32u1, NJP, f24, ex df2 is 39.5% one meter.
f12, db4, b32u1, NJP, f24, df2 is 35% meterless.
f12, db4, b32u1, NJP, f24, 30% meterless.

f13, ex bf3, NJP, f24, ex df2 is 42.5% two meter.
f13, ex bf3, NJP, df2 is 38% one meter.
f13, ex bf3, f24, 21122 command grab is 34% one meter.

So basicly, finishing with the sword give much more damage, and the execution is much easier. You can either do 12 tartakan instead of f24 tartakan if you wish.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are using the standar BnB ending by f24 211(22) command grab in Outlaw variation like Sonicfox actually do whereas we can get more damage with easier execution using the tartakan sword. Not having the neutral for a while is not that big deal.

So basicly, finishing with the word give much more damage, and the execution is much easier. You can either do 12 tartakan instead of f24 tartakan if you wish.
So? We need corner carry sometimes his df2 isn't gonna carry you to the corner but the 21122dbf2 will...

I still feel like even with the advantages of the wall carry, the tarkatan dmg ender is very useful when you use it constantly. That extra 5 or 10% adds up quick

I still feel like even with the advantages of the wall carry, the tarkatan dmg ender is very useful when you use it constantly. That extra 5 or 10% adds up quick
Yeah i guess but i mean if you could carry him to the corner and managed to do a setup or a high dmg combo its gonna take like 50% of your health still tho i get your point

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

If you aren't using EXs in outlaw, then you kind of lose out on one of the variation's only benefits over the others. EX sand toss is an armored launcher, which is a huge tool to have, for (i hope) obvious reasons. EX sand grenade (not variation specific) can lead to a big combo on hit confirm, and is very plus on block so you can continue pressure if they block it. EX slide (not variation specific) has its place, armoring through projectiles, good armored position reversal, etc.

i really hate to be that guy, but can anyone give me a basic idea of marksman's bnbs? The only combo I have a solid grasp on is 2112 xx rifle launch, 2112 xx grab lol.

TKB

Noob
i really hate to be that guy, but can anyone give me a basic idea of marksman's bnbs? The only combo I have a solid grasp on is 2112 xx rifle launch, 2112 xx grab lol.
Can you do his rifle cancels?

My go to BNB is f13/b33 rifle cancel 2112 swing shot f12 sand tackle for 32-34%. If you can't do rifle cancels you can just do f13 or b33 into swing shot for a little less damage meter less or around 37-39% for a bar. These are midscreen btw.

D4G

Win At All Cost
Basically what you're doing already is his BnB, just mixup the starters for the combo.

InFlames

dead

So basicly, finishing with the sword give much more damage, and the execution is much easier. You can either do 12 tartakan instead of f24 tartakan if you wish.
Replace all the f24's with b33 for more damage, but yeah I dont know why Sonic still uses that day 1 combo

D4G

Win At All Cost
Can you do his rifle cancels?

My go to BNB is f13/b33 rifle cancel 2112 swing shot f12 sand tackle for 32-34%. If you can't do rifle cancels you can just do f13 or b33 into swing shot for a little less damage meter less or around 37-39% for a bar. These are midscreen btw.
You know I was doing the gun cancels too, and since I play online for the most part, the gun cancel isn't really worth dropping the combo. I found out I was actually get 1-2% LESS damage doing the run cancel than I was omitting it. It is swag though!

InFlames

dead
You know I was doing the gun cancels too, and since I play online for the most part, the gun cancel isn't really worth dropping the combo. I found out I was actually get 1-2% LESS damage doing the run cancel than I was omitting it. It is swag though!
The gun cancels arent really for damage, its to guarantee a safe overhead or low string that you can hitconfirm

thats the one thing i noticed when trying out his gun cancel combos (at least the ones I know about). Without the run cancel, i get like 29% and with it I get 32%. Really seems like it's as inflames says, it's only for hitconfirming from the main mixup starters.

D4G

Win At All Cost
The gun cancels arent really for damage, its to guarantee a safe overhead or low string that you can hitconfirm
I got ya, I would probably be forced to use it a lot more if Swing Shot wasn't already safe ob block. For now I just rarely use it for corner pressure.

TKB

Noob
I got ya, I would probably be forced to use it a lot more if Swing Shot wasn't already safe ob block. For now I just rarely use it for corner pressure.
Swing shot is safe but a smart player will interrupt you inbetween f13/b33 and swing shot for a full combo if you do it too much.