What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
To be fair, that's a perfect gun cancel (or at least extremely close to it) . With a gun cancel into standing 2 you have a good amount of leniency with how long you run. I gun cancel by pressing the ff first, then holding block, and then whatever string or normal I want to come out. Thinking about it, it's probably better to start by holding block and then dashing, but my method works for me and I don't want to change.

Guys how do you land 112 run cancel 112 then after the second 112 run cancel into command grab? Is it a down 4 then command grab? I can't seem to land that

KNX

Noob
Do 211xxgrab after the second one for the damage and corner carry

so 112 run, 112 run, 211xxsand trap
Depends on your stamina though, if you've ran in to get the initial 1,1,2 you probably wont have enough stamina to run twice in the combo.

In which case just do 1,1,2 run 2,1,1 xx dbf+2 or 1,1,2 run f+1,2 xx dbf+2 < I believe they both do the same damage

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
For online play, 1,1,2 run f+1,2 xx dbf+2 is the safest way to go.

If you go Outlaw, another one is 1,1,2 run f+2,2,2 xx dbf+2 for 24% damage

Last edited:
A pretty easy and consistent meterless corner combo for all variations I believe. I couldn't get the sand tackle to connect properly after doing 21122 in the corner, so I tried to find a more consistent way by replacing everything after the njp.

B32u1, njp, ji3, b12xxdbf2 - (31%)

I haven't seen b12 mentioned much, but it catches both low floats and high floats pretty easily and it's quicker than f12 and f13, it does the same amount of damage as them too.

Beach

La mejor playa
What are good pressure hits i can do to keep someone in the corner?
F132/F13 xx Db4 on hit
B32(D1 can be armored through but it still leaves you in a good spot)
211/21122 (If blocked you can cancle into sand tackle for a nice tick setup)
11B4
F22 (Outlaw only)
B12 xx Sand tackle (will activate on hit but won't on block and its 0 so your safe)
Jump in punches into any of these strings.

F132/F13 xx Db4 on hit
B32(D1 can be armored through but it still leaves you in a good spot)
211/21122 (If blocked you can cancle into sand tackle for a nice tick setup)
11B4
F22 (Outlaw only)
B12 xx Sand tackle (will activate on hit but won't on block and its 0 so your safe)
Jump in punches into any of these strings.
Thanks

KNX

Noob
What are good pressure hits i can do to keep someone in the corner?
b32d1 is good but can be armored as mentioned. I'd definitely abuse this blockstring if they don't have meter. He steps back before the final shot making it safe and on hit gives you nice advantage. Even better if you set up Caltrops beforehand as they are forced in that position on block or hit.

For a safer alternative do b32 xx EX Sand Grenade. Costs a bar of meter but is uninterruptable, will get you a combo on hit and if blocked EX Sand Grenade is +7 so you can go for a mixup or continue pressure. f3 is also a solid poke to cancel into EX Sand Grenade. Can't be interrupted either.

112 can't be used for pressure as it's punishable. Same with 11b3.

b12 is OK but it's High and the range is very short so it's not a tool usable outside point blank range. Good to note that SonicFox will use this string in combos for a reset opportunity (it's +11 on hit).

I'd say to mainly mix it up with 21122, b32 (followed up with d1 or EX Sand Grenade), f132 and f3 xx EX Sand Grenade. Hitconfirm where necessary and throw in some overhead/low mixups and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Lee

Noob
Hey guys new to Mkx thinking of maining erron outlaw variation what are the best bnbs mid screen and corner I should be learning first there's a lot of information here I'm slightly confused where to start

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hey guys new to Mkx thinking of maining erron outlaw variation what are the best bnbs mid screen and corner I should be learning first there's a lot of information here I'm slightly confused where to start
I believe the best outlaw midscreen is opener strings (f13, b32, 2112, etc depending on the mixup/ aituation) into db4, ji2, b32u1, njp, slight run, f24, 211 xx tarkatan stab (or the command grab if you don't wanna lose the sword for a few seconds).

Slowpoke

Noob
Any tips on the timing from run cancel - f2,4? Using it in the midscreen combo [f1,3xxdb4 b3,2,u1 njp run>>f2,4 21122xxdbf2].
I can land njp > f2,4 21122xxdbf2 in the corner, but when I try it midscreen I go to far and end up totally under the opponent, or hit f2 too early and whiff.

Also, I saw above a similar combo but with an extra ji2 between the sand and the second launcher, gonna have to try that.

I believe the best outlaw midscreen is opener strings (f13, b32, 2112, etc depending on the mixup/ aituation) into db4, ji2, b32u1, njp, slight run, f24, 211 xx tarkatan stab (or the command grab if you don't wanna lose the sword for a few seconds).
you have to be super on point to get the 211 xx stab to work, imo it's better just to do the run b33 xx stab ender as it only does 1% less and is way easier to do.

StevoSuprem0

Any tips on the timing from run cancel - f2,4? Using it in the midscreen combo [f1,3xxdb4 b3,2,u1 njp run>>f2,4 21122xxdbf2].
I can land njp > f2,4 21122xxdbf2 in the corner, but when I try it midscreen I go to far and end up totally under the opponent, or hit f2 too early and whiff.

Also, I saw above a similar combo but with an extra ji2 between the sand and the second launcher, gonna have to try that.
Yeah I included that second ji2 in my thing above. Right after the db4. Just gotta hit it a bit early.
For timing the run, just let them fall a little first. It'll whiff if you do it right away. Also, I don't think you actually let the last hit of 21122 hit, but cancel it after the fourth punch instead. Still have to press all five inputs though, then time the cancel before the final hit. Or maybe it does work with all 5 hits due to the scaling. I really don't know remember. I don't outlaw often.

Slowpoke

Noob
Also, I don't think you actually let the last hit of 21122 hit, but cancel it after the fourth punch instead. Still have to press all five inputs though, then time the cancel before the final hit. Or maybe it does work with all 5 hits due to the scaling. I really don't know remember. I don't outlaw often.
You're exactly right, you only actually hit with the first four and it cancels to the grab before the fifth, I just notate it that way so I remember I do in fact need to input the whole string before I cancel.

I've gotten the f2,4 to connect a few times now, except I freeze up because I'm excited and drop the rest now, haha. For real matches I've just been doing ...njp 1,1 df2. And spam caltrops. It makes people get really nervous, I love it.

StevoSuprem0

you have to be super on point to get the 211 xx stab to work, imo it's better just to do the run b33 xx stab ender as it only does 1% less and is way easier to do.
True, but you get a lot of corner carry with the whole f24 211 stay version, so it's probably worth it to learn the timing.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I don't really play marksman but I wanna start for a few MUs. Found a pretty good, viable corner combo off of f13 gun cancel.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
These are my Gunslinger BNB's

F13 SandGrenadeEX NJ1 F12 SandTackle

B32U1 FJ1 2112Sand Tackle

Corner Set up. B32D1- Follow with immediate Pressure String 21122 , Option Select on confirm with either caltrops setup or confirm into Sand Gust, Nj1 F12 SandTackle. If opponent is blocking high you can cancel block string into slide and come right out of slide with SOS 3. Or Ex the slide to create space since you will be switching into the corner if you confirm the slide.

Crathen

Death is my business
These are my Gunslinger BNB's

F13 SandGrenadeEX NJ1 F12 SandTackle

B32U1 FJ1 2112Sand Tackle

Corner Set up. B32D1- Follow with immediate Pressure String 21122 , Option Select on confirm with either caltrops setup or confirm into Sand Gust, Nj1 F12 SandTackle. If opponent is blocking high you can cancel block string into slide and come right out of slide with SOS 3. Or Ex the slide to create space since you will be switching into the corner if you confirm the slide.
The best Bnbs for those starters in the corner are:

F13xxEX Sand Granade 4xxdb4 NJP FJ1 21122xxST 40% ( you can switch the FJ1 with b2 and get 41% but it's harder )

B32u1 4xxdb4 NJP FJ1 21122xxST 37%

Midscreen you can squeeze a little more damage doing

F13xxEX SG NJP RC f24 211xxST 34% ( you can also 2112xxST but it's only possible when you hit f24 at the heighest point for 35 % )

B32u1 RC f3xxdb4 RC 211xxST for 31%

Last edited:

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
most damaging meterless marksman combos ive found, not sure if theres better
38% midscreen J1/2, B33, DF1 Run Cancel, 2112, DB2, Run -> 11,DB2, Run-> 211,DBF2
42% corner J1/2, B33, DF1 Run Cancel, 2112, DB2, B33, DB2, 21122-> DBF2
i know you can do B33 rifle cancel into B33 but i cant get it in training mode.