What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Fiddling a bit with Barrage, EX DB1, and it isn't optimal but you can get some cool-looking combos. Combos off of b3,3 and f1,3 so that's nice.

Shoutouts to this thread, by the way, you guys are great.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Fiddling a bit with Barrage, EX DB1, and it isn't optimal but you can get some cool-looking combos. Combos off of b3,3 and f1,3 so that's nice.

Shoutouts to this thread, by the way, you guys are great.
I've actually messed with doing this off of raw ex db1's. It's a pretty decent thing to mix in sparingly since you can hit them with it from about half screen away in the corner and still be able to dash in and catch them with a b33 xx dbf2 or f24 xx caltrops or even the whole f24, 21122 xx dbf2 thing. Only problem is it's kinda reactable, so you're probably just gonna get them blocking the first two shots and coming in to punish. On hit, I'd probably rather just do the rifle swing into 40-47% depending on meter usage, but maybe this will catch people off guard if they're trying to punish you if they read you cancelling into the rifle swing on block or simply open them up because it's a low or something. Still gotta play around with it in actual matches. My feeling is that it's gonna be kinda gimmicky though :oops:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I've actually messed with doing this off of raw ex db1's. It's a pretty decent thing to mix in sparingly since you can hit them with it from about half screen away in the corner and still be able to dash in and catch them with a b33 xx dbf2 or f24 xx caltrops or even the whole f24, 21122 xx dbf2 thing. Only problem is it's kinda reactable, so you're probably just gonna get them blocking the first two shots and coming in to punish. On hit, I'd probably rather just do the rifle swing into 40-47% depending on meter usage, but maybe this will catch people off guard if they're trying to punish you if they read you cancelling into the rifle swing on block or simply open them up because it's a low or something. Still gotta play around with it in actual matches. My feeling is that it's gonna be kinda gimmicky though :oops:
EX Unload is roughly +1 to +3 if the final hit whiffs.

StevoSuprem0

EX Unload is roughly +1 to +3 if the final hit whiffs.
For serious? That's pretty interesting. Do you know it it is interruptable on block like rifle swing? I haven't tested it and the startup seems faster than the non-ex version and rifle swing. Could be a safer launch option, in the corner especially since you can't convert off it for much midscreen.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
For serious? That's pretty interesting. Do you know it it is interruptable on block like rifle swing? I haven't tested it and the startup seems faster than the non-ex version and rifle swing. Could be a safer launch option, in the corner especially since you can't convert off it for much midscreen.
I can't remember exactly, but it has a similar startup to Swing Shot and is just as interruptible, unfortunately.

InFlames

dead
Found some high damaging corner combos with Marksman

This isnt viable tho, B33xxGun Cancel B33 feels like a just frame.

Last edited:

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Yeah, the EX Unload stuff is more for fun than anything. At best it's a gimmick to punish people trying to interrupt the swing for doing so, since you move back as you fire I imagine some short range moves will miss. Like in the mirror match, I imagine it would avoid a b3 but not a f1. In the Kung Lao matchup, b33 cancelled into EX Unload moves out of range of spin while b33 cancelled into swing doesn't.

F2 Gun Cancel can go into standing 211, meaning if you're willing to buffer that he has a full combo off a counterpoke. It's harder than off the low/overhead conversion into 211 but not as hard as B3 into B3.. B3,3 Gun Cancel into B3 only works in the corner so that's another thing against its viability.

Last edited:

Beach

La mejor playa
Man i keep getting the tarkatan stab instead of dbf2 after the 21122 or 11 its really getting on my nerves i cant land it at all
Doing the down/back/forward command takes some muscle memory to get used to, in practice mode start in the corner and do 21122 xx Sand tackle, even though it won't connect you'll be able to get used to the inputs for it.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Gun cancels and option selects, several of which can still be armored through and/or aren't completely safe in some matchups.
So at this point what do you do for pressure? Just mixup and hope they don't guess right? Because if they do you have nothin to poke out or gain advantage

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Forward 1, Forward 2 are good pokes. F13 Gun Cancelled run into block is negative, but safe for the most part. I don't know how fast Kung Lao's spin is, aside from damn fast, but that seems to be the first frame Black can block if you do a perfect Gun Cancel. I think Outlaw F22 is even on block, but I'm not certain. If you're in Gunslinger and don't have access to Gun Cancels, then F13 into Standoff 3 is a really njice string on both block and hit, but I think they can jump the gap in between.

StevoSuprem0

If you're just looking to poke I believe 12 and 4 are neutral or advantage on block, but you can't hit confirm them or anything. Might be some useful option selects there. Something else I like to do is 211, 2112, or 11b3 and confirm into either rifles swing for a combo on hit or go into a command grab on block because they all tick throw. They're also our fastest normals, and standing 2 is one of his best all around due to its solid reach and speed.

Reactions: TKB

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Erron has a string where he throws a small handful of sand in the opponent's face...only done it a few times by accident honestly. Cant find it in the moves list...Anyone know the inputs?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
So at this point what do you do for pressure? Just mixup and hope they don't guess right? Because if they do you have nothin to poke out or gain advantage
A lot of his hitconfirm/combo-starting strings are minus frames except for 21122, which is +1 but starts with a high. I don't think he has a ton of potential for in-your-face, sustained pressure but that's not really his game, at least in outlaw. What he does is play pretty decent footsies that lead to hard knockdowns, and that's where his godlike oki begins.

GroovyMango

Bullseye
A lot of his hitconfirm/combo-starting strings are minus frames except for 21122, which is +1 but starts with a high. I don't think he has a ton of potential for in-your-face, sustained pressure but that's not really his game, at least in outlaw. What he does is play pretty decent footsies that lead to hard knockdowns, and that's where his godlike oki begins.
21122 is -1, also guys keep in mind when they fix frame data they aren't nerfing anything. The game is weird how it calculates the frames in the move list. Whenever we see a number change, unless there is a post about it by NRS saying something has been buffed or nerfed, it's very unlikely that those things actually changed.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Found some high damaging corner combos with Marksman

This isnt viable tho, B33xxGun Cancel B33 feels like a just frame.
How does he even recover from the gun cancel so fast? I can't do it without visibly dashing first.

InFlames

dead
How does he even recover from the gun cancel so fast? I can't do it without visibly dashing first.
For those combos I held block at the end of the guns startup and then just did ff, b33. I think that's the easiest way to do it for people trying to learn cancels.