What's new

Ed Boon's Recent Cryptic Tweet

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That's what I thought too but the name hotwire sounds more DC ish than mortal kombat
There is a ninja literally named "Subzero", so I don't agree with that statement.

Hotwire sounds like a cyborg, so i'm hype.

---

Hotwire actually sounds like a cool name for a character if that's indeed what he's alluding to. Maybe some sort of Sektor/Cyrax hybrid.

Dem missiles into bomb resets doe.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The fact that this got an article and 4 pages already is amazing. Ed Boon is probably laughing his ass off

You guys realize Boon is an actual person who tweets about normal people stuff right?
At least we have some how amused the guy and he knows we care...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The fact that this got an article and 4 pages already is amazing. Ed Boon is probably laughing his ass off

You guys realize Boon is an actual person who tweets about normal people stuff right?
You do realize every time he gives us a cryptic tweet like this around a game or DLC release, it turns out to mean something, right?

Like the one he did that was de-coded to be "the third of june" or whatever it was, and it turned out to be the date the first MKX trailer dropped.

So not too long ago I noticed a recent tweet by our god AKA Ed Boon, the tweet read "Ayche oh tea double you eye are ee" which phonetically sounds out "Hotwire" Now here's what I think, the name of a possible new character is odd since it doesn't hold much of a meaning. What I think is that's it the letters that matter for example:
H
Onaga
Tanya/Taven
W
I
Reiko/Reptile
Ermac

What's your idea guys?

If its hotwire himself than he the son of the punisher

And the punisher is actually a marvel character but doing some research i found that the punisher and batman had comic series called batman punisher by dc comics
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_and_Punisher:_Lake_of_Fire_Vol_1_1

So if its hot wire is the name of the character and we are 25 years in the future . We might be looking at this character
http://www.comicvine.com/hotwire/4005-80954/images/

his backstory :
Dean Gallows was a Alchemax Marina who while being teleported into a job a sunflare hit his teleporting beam causing him to become an energy being with the powers to become intangible and being able to fire energy beams also finding he was able to travel through holophone lines.

Wow, I'm really rusty, but here it goes:

#!usr/bin/perl
my @mk_characters = ( [list of all Mortal Kombat characters here] );
my $find_string = 'hotwire';
foreach (@mk_characters) {
my $test_string = $_;
if ($_ =~ m/[$find_string]{7,}?/i){
print "found a match!";
print " $_ \n";
};
};

Sorry, no matches. I ran it with a list of ALL (even minor) characters. If it's a hint it's not an anagram for the name of any character. And I was VERY lenient with the regex.

I'll try to program some other patterns that may give more hints, such as using only the first letter of each name to see if it's multiple characters.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Wow, I'm really rusty, but here it goes:

#!usr/bin/perl
my @mk_characters = ( [list of all Mortal Kombat characters here] );
my $find_string = 'hotwire';
foreach (@mk_characters) {
my $test_string = $_;
if ($_ =~ m/[$find_string]{7,}?/i){
print "found a match!";
print " $_ \n";
};
};

Sorry, no matches. I ran it with a list of ALL (even minor) characters. If it's a hint it's not an anagram for the name of any character. And I was VERY lenient with the regex.

I'll try to program some other patterns that may give more hints, such as using only the first letter of each name to see if it's multiple characters.
Sometimes a piece of code will not replace the way a mind can think!!!