What's new

Ebola virus: How does TYM feel about it?

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
it's spreading throughout the USA....slowly but surely. First Atlanta, right? Those people were cured thankfully, then Texas, then NJ, now NY...
No.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/24/us-health-ebola-usa-factbox-idUSKCN0ID06S20141024

There have been nine cases in the US. The only people who contracted the virus in the US were the two nurses in Dallas who were caring for a patient with it. Everyone else contracted it while in Africa, and most of them were diagnosed before being brought back to the US for treatment.

Ebola, essentially, is not spreading in the US.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
No.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/24/us-health-ebola-usa-factbox-idUSKCN0ID06S20141024

There have been nine cases in the US. The only people who contracted the virus in the US were the two nurses in Dallas who were caring for a patient with it. Everyone else contracted it while in Africa, and most of them were diagnosed before being brought back to the US for treatment.

Ebola, essentially, is not spreading in the US.
Yes it has. By spreading I mean state to state...I know cause I live in NYC...it's here now it wasn't a month ago, thus it's spreading. That's not what I'm referring to by spreading I mean people coming back here unchecked in various states, if they don't tighten that up or start banning flights there, it WILL eventually spread via USA citizen to citizen, in fact there's already been a few cases here locally, there was on in NJ few weeks ago. So on and so forth. Plus so long as we have idiots like the guy here in NYC who goes to bowling alleys, borough to borough we need a flight ban, period. But knowing our dumb president that probably won't happen.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/25/ebola-stricter-quarantines/17900749/

It's not an epidemic(yet at least let's hope it stays that way) but it's obvious that it's spreading slowly around the USA. Each week a new report keeps arriving of someone having it in a different state or part of the country. I really don't care how or why. The fact that it is is the problem.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If you don't care how or why you cannot say what an effective solution is.
You misunderstand what I meant by that, I mean it doesn't matter how ebola spreads(as in most people want to take precautions and don't really care why or how it got here) we know how from liberia...

But the problem I have is standard people(not docs we send over there to help) need to be banned from flying there and then from there back and around the world...it's common sense logic. Think of this way, say your cousin's house has the flu bad case and already infected his other 3 members of the family, are you going to bring yourself there and/or your family then go running around at your job, places etc thus spreading it or exposing it to other people? I'm not saying you are one of those people but there are stupid people out there who get sick, don't care what they got or think before they go all over the place and during that time they're spreading it even if they don't mean to.

Besides, as an American Citizen yes I can if I wish it's my opinion and freedom of speech besides. I also vote, I'm not one of those people who don't vote and bitches over everyone I assure you. I'm just a rather opinionated person. ;)

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Lol at Australia banning travel from Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. How silly.

I'm sure it has nothin to do with xenophobia